Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Script] TurnMarker1 - Turn Token Highlight, Round Counter, Player Advance Command, Turn Announce + spiny graphics if you want them!

The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Interesting! Nice representment instructions, I'll give it a try and see if I can get a fix out.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Update: v1.24 -- Fixed crash with custom turnorder entries when advancing the turn order with !eot. I couldn't get it to fail to increment in either mode, but at least the crash is fixed.
Hey, glad i could help. Great script!
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Thx, glad you like it! I'll try that counter issue again later and see if I can get it to happen. =D
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Other than adding Paul's additional code (thank you), is there a way to sort and clear the tracker just using the TurnMarker script? These are two functions I have created macros for and I currently use them every time we use initiative. [Feature Request]: auto open the Tracker window after sorting(either built-into TM or Paul's addon code), or even a small script I can call after I use Paul's !startInit. Thanks
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I'll add it to the list!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Starting to look like Santa's list. :-)
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Yeah, now if I just had Santa's Elves to do the work...
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Wait ten years, your batch of homegrown minions can start taking up the slack :>
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Hehehehe.
Hey Aaron Great Script ! Love it so far just playing around and testing and customizing it a bit and I'll be use it in my next campaign :D Just a quick question what is the command to get all the current info and settings whispered to you ? I believed it to be !tm but when i do so i recieve nothing but !tm with arguments still works such as !reset and things of that sort. Let me know if im just looking past something thanks. again great job with it and thanks

Edited 1416716164
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Make sure the script hasn't crashed, restart if so. I just used !tm and the help menu is whispered to me.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Hi Kevin, I bet there is another Kevin in your game. If there is, try changing your name in that campaign. If there isn't, let me know and I'll diagnose further. :)
Hello Aaron Thank you for your time and effort on all these scripts. Is there a command/macro to clear the turntracker after combat is complete? I haven't been able to find one. Thanks Nirav
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
There isn't one in the base script. Paul S. has some up the thread a bit: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/931415/#post-118" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/931415/#post-118</a>... You can add those in a script page to get that functionality. I'll be sure to add that in my new version of TurnMarker, which I hope to get out sometime in the next month... It's a big undertaking and there are many other scripts that keep drawing me away...
Thanks for pointing me to Paul's script. Not sure how i missed that.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
It's a big thread, easy to miss things. =D
The Aaron said: Hi Kevin, I bet there is another Kevin in your game. If there is, try changing your name in that campaign. If there isn't, let me know and I'll diagnose further. :) Hey Aaron thanks for the reply ! Sorry for my late one was away :/ Anyway that seems to be the issue though the other kevin was no longer in the campaign I guess the script liked him better :P One quick name change and refresh and all good, no more editing the script directly XD again thanks for the help and great script ill be playing with it more soon getting it ready for my new campaign about to start :] Goodluck with the new update and Ill be glad to help if i can
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
:) Good!
Any idea if youre going to update this guy to work with the new IsGM function? So far this is my very last api still using the old stuff and its keeping me from migrating completely. Thanks for all your help!
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I will be, but you can do it now if you want: On line 303: Change the word 'isGM' to 'playerIsGM'. On line 638-660: Change the on("ready",...) block to this: on("ready",function(){ 'use strict'; TurnMarker.CheckInstall(); TurnMarker.RegisterEventHandlers(); TurnMarker.DispatchInitiativePage(); });
Awesome thanks for your quick reply! One other issue im having is that when I comment out line 355 so that it doesnt automatically advance, every time the tracker comes up in the turn order it moved the round up TWICE each time instead of once. Example: end of turn 1, moved to track, ROUND2 and ROUND3 both posted into chat and tracker now says round 3. Any idea why thats happening? Also, for some reason the marker stopped moving underneath my players tokens now and im not sure why -_-;;
The marker is working now but the double post is still happening. I added the extra bit from Paul to add the extra macros and I think it might be whats causing it

Edited 1422638106
Actually just tested by removing the extra bit and the double post is still happening. If I remove the comment marks from line 355 and let it auto skip, it doesnt double post. Comment out that line, get the double post.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Hmm.. That's getting a bit far a field from the current script. PM me a join link and GM me, I'll jump in your campaign and see if I can track down the solution. =D
Hello The Aaron. I've been using this script for a while now and I recently broke it. I believe it was caused by moving tokens between pages while on the tracker. At first everything worked except there was no marker token moving from token to token on turn changes. I started messing about and eventually completely deleted isGM and this one and deleted all the marker tokens from every page. I copied in the newest scripts and modified this one per your discussion with Aaron R. regarding line 303 and lines 638 - 660.It still wasn't functioning properly and I gave up. I came back tonight and now the API just throws the "Unexpected token s" error. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Yikes! PM me a join link and I'll jump in and take a look. The Version 2 of this script does support multiple pages... just need to finish it...