Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Updated Page and Token Settings - Bugs & Feedback Thread

Not sure if this is the place for this or not.  But I've recently started running into an issue where I create a token and resize it, as the native image size is too big, then assign that token to a character sheet.  But when I try to drop a new token by dragging the character sheet onto the map the token size is blown up again and didn't save my resizing.  This hasn't been an issue for any other tokens I've created in the past and I've only run into this issue over the past week or so.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
First thing to check (and the most common explanation) is to verify that you are doing your token setup on a page that has 5' squares. No modification of the scale. Setting it up on an oddly scaled page can cause them to come in at unexpected sizes elsewhere.
Ok, so I have modified the particular page in questions cell width to 2.5.  However I used this exact page when creating the tokens, so shouldn't it function correctly when dropping them on this page at least?  And not sure if it makes any difference but I'm using horizontal hexs on this page as well.
Gold
Forum Champion
The bug with Z-order is ALSO affecting Copy-Paste, for me, now (still). Anything I copy-paste on the page that has both Shapes/Lines Drawing Tool drawings, and Graphics, it's putting the Graphics on top and making it very hard to select the color-line drawings. Martijn S. said: Just duplicated my first map of the year... the background was in front of all the text... of course... Happy New Year! Here are a few hints to the developer of this functionality (from an old geezer with almost 40 years of programming experience): - first understand the datamodel of a page. - secondly understand the concept and the importance of order in the graphical objects. - thirdly understand the concept and the importance of Z order.
Gold
Forum Champion
This is still wrong.  The units designation abbreviation is in-error, it's not "px". It is not PX x PX = PX. It is UNITS x PX = PX. Or, it is SQUARES x PX = PX. This dialog box has the incorrect abbreviation there: screenshot picture... uploading.. 
I am unable to set a number on any of the token symbols. Previously this was done by hovering over a symbol and pressing and number and the symbol would be applied to the token with the number on it. I have tried multiple browsers and windows, disabling  and enabling extensions. I cannot seem to be able to get it to work. Please help.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
DillonDND said: I am unable to set a number on any of the token symbols. Previously this was done by hovering over a symbol and pressing and number and the symbol would be applied to the token with the number on it. I have tried multiple browsers and windows, disabling  and enabling extensions. I cannot seem to be able to get it to work. Please help. Make sure you are hovering over the token marker in the token marker palette, not the one already in place on the token. This is the most common cause of this report.

Edited 1613307201
Seriously, really, this is a crap. Although Roll20 was already an awful platform to manage and use token and characters, it nails the problem even worse. Those settings turned to the popups are almost prevents to change the setting. If you try to get any items, they are simply disappears. Is it really meant to be usable? Can't we have the former version that have the different tab to adjust the settings? Also, since these options are turned to popups, it makes me takes very hard times to actually check if some options are on or not. It makes already paranoid level of token security setting(that ALWAYS hide the information to the players by default and have to turn on manually one by one) even worse. I can see the future that my players are starting to wonder why there is no names or bars on the enemy's tokens, just because I can't see it directly and adjust it. It is even worse when the token is have to be duplicated before in use. Before then, when I make a new token, I set name, check see nameplate, give control to all players, then change to other tab and check permission to edit for player, set all three bars to editable for players and visible to all, and check auras to be visible. It is already a hardship, because I have to change it manually, one by one, by myself. And now, each times when I want to change this, I have to raise the popup and hope that it doesn't disappears. Also I can't check if all of them are properly checked either. I don't have any hope that token system on Roll20 would be improved. It is beyond hope for me. But please, don't make it even worse. It is sad to see the something lower than the bottom.

Edited 1613322949
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Some kind of an answer would be appreciated. If the dev team asks for feedback, it should be a compact: Provide changes or explanations as to why changes will not be forthcoming. This was released nearly four months ago. Update, please?
Wow!  When Keith Curtis is asking for answers from Roll20, it must really be bad!  I hope my DM finds a better system to use because we are going down hill in our games.
Hi, Cards are simply not displaying on the table when pulled from a deck.  Clicking on the deck to recall suggests the cards are on the table, but they do not appear anywhere.  This is a very recent problem.  It makes it impossible to do SW chase scenes...
Gold
Forum Champion
Mica start a new thread for that, and/or report it to Roll20's "Help Center". That issue with Cards is probably not related to this thread, and this thread has lingering bugs unanswered from Roll20 Dev Team, as it is.  Notice no one from Roll20 Dev Team has responded to this thread since November 2020, even though this is a Sticky thread, after 4 months of waiting this thread is appearing to have become a bottomless pit of dispair. Mica H. said: Hi, Cards are simply not displaying on the table when pulled from a deck.  Clicking on the deck to recall suggests the cards are on the table, but they do not appear anywhere.  This is a very recent problem.  It makes it impossible to do SW chase scenes...
I have a doubt, I would like my tokens to have 4 energy bars, is it possible?
Gold
Forum Champion
Tyger, currently the answer is No, you can only have 3 bars or bubbles per token. A workaround / alternative might be, use the Token Markers also called Status Symbols (which you can type a single digit number 1-9 on), or Custom Status Markers, to indicate how much Energy/Points that the token has in additional stat categories. Try These:&nbsp; <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/search?category=Art:Token%20Markers&amp;sortby=popular" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/search?category=Art:Token%20Markers&amp;sortby=popular</a>
Hey everyone, I'm having an issue when trying to link a sheet attribute to a token bar. The browser completely freezes when I click on the combo box to select the attribute, sometimes even crashing the tab. The problem is happening with the OGL 5E sheet, both new ones that I created this morning and old sheets that I created months ago. It happens regardless of whether the sheet is a charactermancer sheet or an NPS sheet, and it happens with sheets imported from the compendium as well. I tested it both on my usual setup (Microsoft Edge&nbsp;Version 89.0.774.63, which I know is not supported) and on a clean install of Google Chrome (Version 89.0.4389.90) and had the exactly same results. Anyone else having this problem?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
One other person I know of, but the thread got deleted when some of the rhetoric got a little heated. (I assume. I didn't see the last posts). Are you using Beyond20? Any other extensions? Does it work in a private browsing window?

Edited 1617300063
No extensions installed at all. I actually just installed Chrome to troubleshoot this problem. I have just tried in a private browsing windows and I have the same problem. I have also tried disabling all API scripts to no avail. The problem also happens if I try to do it on a brand new game with no added maps, journal entries or other tokens. --- EDIT --- Ended up working around this problem by using an API script to set bar1_link for me instead of using the UI, which worked flawlessly (And it's actually useful for doing some bulk setup of tokens). This lead me to believe this issue is related to some loading issue due to the sheer amount of options in the combo box.
Hello, I have a problem when editing a token. I can't see the characteristics in the drop-down lists to configure the bars even if I link the token to a character or monster sheet. This problem is recent because it was not present on Friday, April 2nd. I just tested on 2 different games, one with scripts and the other without any add-ons and I have the same result. Greg PS: Sorry for my english, it's not my native language ;-)
Greg D. said: Hello, I have a problem when editing a token. I can't see the characteristics in the drop-down lists to configure the bars even if I link the token to a character or monster sheet. This problem is recent because it was not present on Friday, April 2nd. I just tested on 2 different games, one with scripts and the other without any add-ons and I have the same result. Greg PS: Sorry for my english, it's not my native language ;-) Came here to say the same. I played monday (april 5th) and everything was working fine.
Greg D. said: Hello, I have a problem when editing a token. I can't see the characteristics in the drop-down lists to configure the bars even if I link the token to a character or monster sheet. This problem is recent because it was not present on Friday, April 2nd. I just tested on 2 different games, one with scripts and the other without any add-ons and I have the same result. Greg PS: Sorry for my english, it's not my native language ;-) Came here to say the same. I played monday (april 5th) and everything was working fine.
Hey all, for the recent token bar assignment not working -- we found an issue that broke some of the token functionality. We have a fix going out that will unfortunately rollback the chat archive fix that just went out, but we're working on a resolution for both. I'm going to be updating this thread with anything specific to this issue.

Edited 1617989089
Now the token bar assignment is working for me... but now I can't select the "compact" bar mode. I select it, save the token, close, and it doesn't change. The token still display the full bar. When I open the token again, the compact bar is not selected. EDIT: Actually I am not being able to save any alteration on "token settings". The save button does not work.
The thread: Blue Save Changes button disappearing from notes was closed months ago, but the problem was not fixed.&nbsp; Is there any reason the save button can't be made to persist?&nbsp; If it's any help, it seems to happen when: 1) I insert a table, 2) the tool bar undocks itself from the frame, 3) I re-size the window to make it usable, 4) the table gets wacky, or 5) I work on it longer than 20-30 minutes without saving.&nbsp; Have already lost several hours across several windows.

Edited 1619009220
Hi, I hope I am in the right thread (I am new in the forum). Since yesterday, I am not able to create any token from the character sheet photograph anymore, in all my games. There's a new thing on the photographs (on the character sheets), a tiny square (at the upright corner) with 4 tiny arrows. Nothing happens when I click on it or if I try to drag and drop it. Do you have any idea of what my problem is ? Thank you. edit : ok I got it