Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Tasha's Cauldron of Everything Add-Ins

Score + 77
Emily Floyd said: Hey folks, we hear your feedback and we're listening. There are a lot of unique features in  Tasha's Cauldron of Everything , and we missed the mark on integration. Today we’re updating  Tasha’s Cauldron of Everything  with a more intuitive custom race within the Charactermancer. By the end of 2020 we aim to update our Charactermancer with more  Tasha's Cauldron of Everything  integration: automation for feats, flexibility in ability scores for races, and class variant features. In the future, we’ll look to additional support for optional rules.  Here's what  Tasha's Cauldron of Everything  adds to the Charactermancer now: - Support for Artificers - 31 Subclasses - 15 feats with partial support - 66 items and 21 spells - Drag-n-drop for homunculus servants and sea/land/sky beasts - 266 class/subclass features in Other Options and Features Here's what we're mapping for the end of the year: - Custom lineage specific support (beyond what's there with Custom Race now) - More feats support (automating them) - Support for custom class features - New ability score variant rule Thank you all for your patience and support, and please feel free to get in contact with us via our Help Center. - I noticed that Artificer Armorer when leveling doesn't automatically add the SubClass Spells as well as you don't get to choose between Armor Types (Guardian or Infiltrator ). Had to add manually. - As well had to manually add the extra 1st level spell for Feat Fey Touched. Just giving feedback.
JR
Roll20 Team
Hey Folks, Wanted to let you know that all of the updates to Tasha's Cauldron of Everything that we said would be out by the end of the year are completed and ready to use in your games. As a reminder, those updates were: Custom lineage specific support (beyond what was there with Custom Races) More feats support (automating them) Support for custom class features New ability score variant rule Thank you all for your patience and support, if you have any further feedback or suggestions please continue to express them in the forums. Please feel free to get in contact with us via our Help Center if you have any questions on this update in particular.
What is Roll20's plan for implementing Sidekicks?
Posted this somewhere else but this seems like the right spot for it;  the Ranger class options from Tasha's are still not in the Charactermancer as expected by the end of 2020.  These are options taken at level 1 and need to be copy/pasted and updated at higher levels as well, which is a pain for a party with three ( I know) Rangers in it.  It would be great if we could get some kind of timeline to expect the rest of Tasha's to be available in charactermancer besides "by the end of the year 2020". The other part that is a pain is that several of the new feats allow for selecting spells, but selecting the feat like Fey Touched or even the old Magic Initiate feat doesn't prompt a spell select drop down so later on the character's spell count prepared and known is incorrect. The spells also have a once per day free use, and it would be really nice if they pushed an automatic resource box on the core page.  I'm sure it'll get fixed eventually, but like I said, it would be great to have a timeline. Thanks.
I should have come here first. I just assumed I was paying $50 for a merchantable product that was more than 33 character icons.
Arĉjo said: I should have come here first. I just assumed I was paying $50 for a merchantable product that was more than 33 character icons. This seems to be the consensus, sadly.
I hope you are addressing these features. JR said: Hey Folks, Wanted to let you know that all of the updates to Tasha's Cauldron of Everything that we said would be out by the end of the year are completed and ready to use in your games. As a reminder, those updates were: Custom lineage specific support (beyond what was there with Custom Races) More feats support (automating them) Support for custom class features New ability score variant rule Thank you all for your patience and support, if you have any further feedback or suggestions please continue to express them in the forums. Please feel free to get in contact with us via our Help Center if you have any questions on this update in particular.
None of the Beasts of Land/Sea/Air have usable stats. Is there a way that my ranger can summon a beast and have their stats (with proficiency bonuses) auto populate instead of having to go in and alter every single option manually? I'm more than a little disappointed in the implementation of these new beast master options. If they can't work without manual input, what did I pay for? I could have just made them myself.
JR said: Hey Folks, Wanted to let you know that all of the updates to Tasha's Cauldron of Everything that we said would be out by the end of the year are completed and ready to use in your games. As a reminder, those updates were: Custom lineage specific support (beyond what was there with Custom Races) More feats support (automating them) Support for custom class features New ability score variant rule Thank you all for your patience and support, if you have any further feedback or suggestions please continue to express them in the forums. Please feel free to get in contact with us via our Help Center if you have any questions on this update in particular. Hey, sorry to report, but that's not true. Custom lineage was still necessary to input manually in January (as reported by one of my players).
Hi @JR ! The thrown weapon fighting style from TCoE doesn't appear as an option in charactermancer. Do you know if that is planned? Thanks, Chris JR said: Hey Folks, Wanted to let you know that all of the updates to Tasha's Cauldron of Everything that we said would be out by the end of the year are completed and ready to use in your games. As a reminder, those updates were: Custom lineage specific support (beyond what was there with Custom Races) More feats support (automating them) Support for custom class features New ability score variant rule Thank you all for your patience and support, if you have any further feedback or suggestions please continue to express them in the forums. Please feel free to get in contact with us via our Help Center if you have any questions on this update in particular.
JR said: Hey Folks, Wanted to let you know that all of the updates to Tasha's Cauldron of Everything that we said would be out by the end of the year are completed and ready to use in your games. As a reminder, those updates were: Custom lineage specific support (beyond what was there with Custom Races) More feats support (automating them) Support for custom class features New ability score variant rule Thank you all for your patience and support, if you have any further feedback or suggestions please continue to express them in the forums. Please feel free to get in contact with us via our Help Center if you have any questions on this update in particular. The Ranger optional feats aren't appearing in the charactermancer, and the Genie Warlock's additional spells don't come up in the level+ charactermancer.
I'm wondering where the infusion items go? Does all of that have to manually added to the non-magical items they infuse? It's a bit of a pain to not have that easily integrated into my stats when I have Enhanced Defense or a Helm of Awareness active.
Still seems to be quite a lot that was missing, was really excited for this and it seems to be a big flop, but at least they're working on it...I hope
Justin C. said: I'm wondering where the infusion items go? Does all of that have to manually added to the non-magical items they infuse? It's a bit of a pain to not have that easily integrated into my stats when I have Enhanced Defense or a Helm of Awareness active. Ethan W said: Still seems to be quite a lot that was missing, was really excited for this and it seems to be a big flop, but at least they're working on it...I hope Nerdy Nate said: JR said: Hey Folks, Wanted to let you know that all of the updates to Tasha's Cauldron of Everything that we said would be out by the end of the year are completed and ready to use in your games. As a reminder, those updates were: Custom lineage specific support (beyond what was there with Custom Races) More feats support (automating them) Support for custom class features New ability score variant rule Thank you all for your patience and support, if you have any further feedback or suggestions please continue to express them in the forums. Please feel free to get in contact with us via our Help Center if you have any questions on this update in particular. The Ranger optional feats aren't appearing in the charactermancer, and the Genie Warlock's additional spells don't come up in the level+ charactermancer. Please Remember to upvote this thread if you haven't already. It seems there are still a few missing things I also tried Dragging and Dropping "steady aim" to someone's sheet tonight and it didn't work. So I had to add it manually. I guess my biggest gripe is why can't I enter a race manually so that others can use it without them having to enter it manually as well?
Just noticed the Charactermancer does not support the Tasha's Ranger optional features. :( Any word on when that's going to happen?
I have basically bought the entire Roll 20 subscription and Tasha´s cauldron just because I want to have variant class features, especially the new Ranger stuff, as PHB ranger is borderline useless.  Now I realize I bought it for no reason, as it is not implemented. Please implement it asap, otherwise its just false marketing!
Rastislav said: I have basically bought the entire Roll 20 subscription and Tasha´s cauldron just because I want to have variant class features, especially the new Ranger stuff, as PHB ranger is borderline useless.  Now I realize I bought it for no reason, as it is not implemented. Please implement it asap, otherwise its just false marketing! Sorry guys because of the way Roll20 does things with their "scoring" of votes for threads i feel like this thread will go nowhere fast. What I mean is a thread has to have a score of over 200 within so many months or it will be archived according to what has been posted. Since peoplke are commenting here and looking at it but not necessarily upvoting it we're nowhere near that mark which I can only assume means we will be brush aside eventually. We have had some good results here and hopefully they are still working to fix it, but I'm kinda feeling that they feel they have fulfilled their end. -Brian
There are finally dropdown menus for Custom Lineage, but is anyone else having issues with applying changes to Level 1 Charactermancer when using the Custom Lineage? It always just says "Building Character" for me and never finishes.
I have the same issue...  When we choose "Tasha's Custom Lineage" as race, the "Building your character..." doesn't ends. I reported a Bug and I suggest to you to do the same.
To test it myself, I just created a bugbear paladin using custom lineage. I did make sure there was nothing flagged in the review tab but the charactermancer did complete the job.  Certainly submit help desk tickets. Major initiatives like UDL get some direct Roll20 support in the forums, but others like Tasha's integration I feel our only option is to create a body of support requests to get their attention and help them track ongoing issues.
Looks like they finally fixed it! Was just able to successfully create a TCL sheet in Charactermancer.
Johnny S. said: To test it myself, I just created a bugbear paladin using custom lineage. I did make sure there was nothing flagged in the review tab but the charactermancer did complete the job.  Certainly submit help desk tickets. Major initiatives like UDL get some direct Roll20 support in the forums, but others like Tasha's integration I feel our only option is to create a body of support requests to get their attention and help them track ongoing issues. That was my hope when I started this thread even tonight feats were showing up funny and I couldn't get some of the drag and drop features to actually drag and drop.

Edited 1616590397
So, where are we really with correctly implementing TCoE into roll20?  I’d like to purchase this to have available for use by me and my players but I also don’t want to present them with additional options that are only half or not implemented at all. Are all new classes (Artificier) and subclasses implemented and supported by Charactermancer? Are all new spells and feats available for selection? Does custom lineage and custom origin actually work appropriately? Can I use charactermancer or some other feature to create or generate sidekicks? I’ll gladly throw down $50 for this, but not for a half-baked solution.  Any input on whether the features I listed above are implemented correctly?
The feat Fey Touched locks up the Charactermancer and corrupts the Character Sheet. Not good.
Still can't do the optional changes to existing classes like Ranger. That would be nice.
Ross P. said: Still can't do the optional changes to existing classes like Ranger. That would be nice. I have been able to drag and drop some of the optional features to the sheet finally but I'm not seeing them as integrated pieces yet.
I submitted a ticket and now I found this.  Wish I had known about the implementation issues beforehand :(  I bought this back in the day thinking it'd be good to go and I'm starting a campaign in the next month and am getting ready to use it but I have run into issues, particularly related to Rangers :(  Looks like it's still not in a good spot.
Alex P. said: I submitted a ticket and now I found this.  Wish I had known about the implementation issues beforehand :(  I bought this back in the day thinking it'd be good to go and I'm starting a campaign in the next month and am getting ready to use it but I have run into issues, particularly related to Rangers :(  Looks like it's still not in a good spot. It's been nearly 5 months now I think. Perhaps its "good enough"
I purchased it for the Artificer Class, which has been very useful, and have been able to use some of the extra stuff (subclasses, spells...) that Tasha's offers. I'm a new DM doing Phandelver, so I haven't tested it a lot, but right now I believe the integration is quite good. Don't know what is and what is not yet integrated, but many of the comments are a bit exaggerated IMO. I hope they fix and include what is not and it's important to point it out, but still.
Xavier G. said: I purchased it for the Artificer Class, which has been very useful, and have been able to use some of the extra stuff (subclasses, spells...) that Tasha's offers. I'm a new DM doing Phandelver, so I haven't tested it a lot, but right now I believe the integration is quite good. Don't know what is and what is not yet integrated, but many of the comments are a bit exaggerated IMO. I hope they fix and include what is not and it's important to point it out, but still. How do you know if the comments are exaggerated if you're not sure what isn't implemented?  The biggest issue is that this came out in late october early November and 's now headed into May.  Order of Scribes Wizard isn't working right and Rangers aren't working right.
Hello, I'm confused: have the optional ranger features been added?
Are the Sidekick rules implemented beyond the compendium yet?
I've let my sub lapse but will consider reupping once some more things get implemented. Sidekicks? Ranger optionals? Any update on this?
Vamphuntor said: I've let my sub lapse but will consider reupping once some more things get implemented. Sidekicks? Ranger optionals? Any update on this? Foundry is inking WotC deals so maybe that will spur them to get this properly implemented and fixed.  I've been surprised it's been left incomplete this long.
Any news on actually getting artificer to run correctly yet? Homunculus Servant is still missing from the infusions list, as are all of the common magic item options: "Alternatively, you can choose the magic item from among the Common Magic Items in the game, not including Potions or Scrolls ." Odd that this little bit seems to have been left out in the replicate magic item description: "If you have Xanathar's Guide to Everything , you can choose from among the common magic items in that book when you pick a magic item you can replicate with this infusion."
Hey JR, One of my players is a Battlemaster, and we noticed none of the new Battlemaster from Tasha's Cauldron of Everything are not listed as option's. I purchased the book here on roll20, and have it included in my compendium, but its Late June 2021, 7months post release and they still aren't available. Any chance you can add the content we paid for? Thanks! JR said: Hey Folks, Wanted to let you know that all of the updates to Tasha's Cauldron of Everything that we said would be out by the end of the year are completed and ready to use in your games. As a reminder, those updates were: Custom lineage specific support (beyond what was there with Custom Races) More feats support (automating them) Support for custom class features New ability score variant rule Thank you all for your patience and support, if you have any further feedback or suggestions please continue to express them in the forums. Please feel free to get in contact with us via our Help Center if you have any questions on this update in particular.
Once they get everything included it would also be nice to see actual integration of everything. Edi Knight said: Hey JR, One of my players is a Battlemaster, and we noticed none of the new Battlemaster from Tasha's Cauldron of Everything are not listed as option's. I purchased the book here on roll20, and have it included in my compendium, but its Late June 2021, 7months post release and they still aren't available. Any chance you can add the content we paid for? Thanks! JR said: Hey Folks, Wanted to let you know that all of the updates to Tasha's Cauldron of Everything that we said would be out by the end of the year are completed and ready to use in your games. As a reminder, those updates were: Custom lineage specific support (beyond what was there with Custom Races) More feats support (automating them) Support for custom class features New ability score variant rule Thank you all for your patience and support, if you have any further feedback or suggestions please continue to express them in the forums. Please feel free to get in contact with us via our Help Center if you have any questions on this update in particular.
Bump this thread. Any chance of getting some sort of Roll20 response? It's been months...
Nathan R. said: Bump this thread. Any chance of getting some sort of Roll20 response? It's been months... Roll20 has responded a few times but as of last I knew there were still some issues. What specifically are you having problems with?
I tried creating a Genie Warlock with a Dao patron earlier today and the Charactermancer is still not filling in the Genie spell lists. Is there anywhere indicating whether these have been fixed yet? Thanks! 
Hey guys its been over a year and there are still obviously issues. Can we get some sort of update on this? JR said: Hey Folks, Wanted to let you know that all of the updates to Tasha's Cauldron of Everything that we said would be out by the end of the year are completed and ready to use in your games. As a reminder, those updates were: Custom lineage specific support (beyond what was there with Custom Races) More feats support (automating them) Support for custom class features New ability score variant rule Thank you all for your patience and support, if you have any further feedback or suggestions please continue to express them in the forums. Please feel free to get in contact with us via our Help Center if you have any questions on this update in particular.
The optional Ranger features that are supposed to replace base class features are still simply added in addition to them. There should be Favored Enemy or Favored Foe, and Natural Explorer or Deft Explorer, with some sort of interface to pick. Twilight Cleric domain spells aren't tagged with the Class and Type fields so when users try to level-up, unless they (or their DM who's the only one who actually cares to learn how to use this thing) go in and manually add that, they don't get any extra spells. As a DM I can override this, but only if there's time in-between levels -- if I'm trying to start a game (or add a new character) at a level over 1, players who build a TC up to a higher level in one go are only ever going to get their domain spells, plus maybe one other on ASI levels if their Wisdom mod goes up 1. This is literally just 14 bytes of text that need to be added to the compendium for that subclass but over a year later the R20 devs have not considered it a priority?
Matt C. said: I tried creating a Genie Warlock with a Dao patron earlier today and the Charactermancer is still not filling in the Genie spell lists. Is there anywhere indicating whether these have been fixed yet? Thanks!  I am seeing the same issue. Genie is otherwise working well but the patron spells are all missing.
Still no Drag and drop Homunculus Servant that I can find either unless I buy another token pack outside of Tasha's.  JR said: Hey Folks, Wanted to let you know that all of the updates to Tasha's Cauldron of Everything that we said would be out by the end of the year are completed and ready to use in your games. As a reminder, those updates were: Custom lineage specific support (beyond what was there with Custom Races) More feats support (automating them) Support for custom class features New ability score variant rule Thank you all for your patience and support, if you have any further feedback or suggestions please continue to express them in the forums. Please feel free to get in contact with us via our Help Center if you have any questions on this update in particular.
Nate said: Still no Drag and drop Homunculus Servant that I can find either unless I buy another token pack outside of Tasha's.  I have the various PB Homunculus Servants in my Compendium, I used them for a player the other day.
As of this date, we're still getting *all* Ranger features added to characters instead of PHB Ranger features or Tasha's Ranger Features (one replaces the other, you shouldn't get both), and I have to go in to my players' sheets after they build them to remove features, which is terribly disappointing for players.  I do try to give them a heads-up, but it's just annoying for both of us.