Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Is there a macro to query die type?

Edited 1606071089
We're trying to craft macros for use in a Gamma World game where there are many powers that might have some set modifiers (such as attribute modifier), but there are also variable fields which could frequently change. Using the ?{Modifier?} is a big help, but I wondered if there is also a way to get Roll20 to query the die type and/or number of dice used? Such as 1d4, 1d6, 1d8, 2d6, 2d8  etc?

Edited 1606071541
I may have answered my own question...I suppose I could just write it as ?{Dice Used|One,1d4|Two,1d6|Three,1d8|Four,1d10|Five,1d12|Six, 2d4|Seven, 2d6|Eight, 2d8|Nine, 2d10|Ten, 2d12} and go from there, just wondered if there was an easier way. Or for that matter, it would be great to be able to query the Attribute modifier to be used as well...many of the weapons use different stats (Dex, Int, Str, Con, etc) and you never know what you might be picking up and trying to use.

Edited 1606071713
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
This might be handy (you can remove the roll template parts if they're not needed) &{template:default}{{name=General Roll}}{{Rolling=?{How many die?|1}?{Die type?|d4|d6|d8|d10|d12|d20|d100}+?{Additional modifier?|0}=[[?{How many die?}?{Die type?}+?{Additional modifier?}]]}}
Awesome! This is what I ended up doing with elements from all of the above: &{template:default}{{name=General Attack}} {{attack= [[1d20+ ?{Attribute Mod to Attack|Str, @{strMOD}|Dex, @{dexMOD}|Con, @{conMOD}|Int, @{intMOD}|Wis, @{wisMOD}|Cha, @{chaMOD}}+@{level}+?{Additional Attack Modifier?}]] ?{Vs What Defense?|vs AC|vs Fort|vs Ref|vs Will}}} {{damage= [[?{How many die?|1}?{Die type?|d4|d6|d8|d10|d12|d20|d100}+?{Attribute mod to Damage|Str, @{strMOD}|Dex, @{dexMOD}|Con, @{conMOD}|Int, @{intMOD}|Wis, @{wisMOD}|Cha, @{chaMOD}}+ ?{Level Multiplier for Damage|One, 1*@{level}|Two, 2 *@{level}|Three, 3 *@{level}}]]}} Mind you this is pretty specific to Gamma World's system, but others may be able to extrapolate. Thanks again!