Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Please hire The Aaron

+ 1 do it please he is a treasure
How does this only have +189 votes?
You got my vote too
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
D G. said: How does this only have +189 votes? Some of us are concerned (well, maybe just me) that too many votes may result in The Aaron being kidnapped and chained to a desk somewhere.  What did he do to deserve that? 
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kraynic said: D G. said: How does this only have +189 votes? Some of us are concerned (well, maybe just me) that too many votes may result in The Aaron being kidnapped and chained to a desk somewhere.  What did he do to deserve that?  Sometimes monstrous acts must happen for the greater good... I'll fetch the chains...
The Aaron and Keith Curtis for that matter have both been highly visible, highly valuable members of this community and have in many instances offered more support than roll20 themselves. Massive +1 to bringing either of these folks into the fold (which would probably, sadly, dramatically decrease their presence here, but would help them advance community causes within the company and would be an absolute asset to the team).
Loremir said: The Aaron and Keith Curtis for that matter have both been highly visible, highly valuable members of this community and have in many instances offered more support than roll20 themselves. Massive +1 to bringing either of these folks into the fold (which would probably, sadly, dramatically decrease their presence here, but would help them advance community causes within the company and would be an absolute asset to the team). How come they haven't been hired yet? Anyway, the question of whether they'd be a greater asset to the community if they had been hired is quite a difficult one. One would also have to consider if the money would be good enough for a full-time job and whether working with one's hobby is something that would do them good... My vote is clear, though.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Achievement Unlocked!!! Congrats Aaron!
Gauss
Forum Champion
About time!
Woohoo! 🎉 😄
Thumbs Up!
Gold
Forum Champion
To your continued success  From a longtime patreon Looking forward to what's next
gg
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Now to plan what to put my votes on when this is marked complete! Roll20's future just got a whole lot brighter =D
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Ziechael said: Now to plan what to put my votes on when this is marked complete! Roll20's future just got a whole lot brighter =D I need to see an "Official" Roll20 comment here confirming this before I'm moving any votes.  ;-P
I'm pleased to 'officially' confirm that TheAaron has indeed joined the Roll20 team as a contractor, and he will be (among other things) working on the API system :-)
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Exciting times!!  I'm looking forward to the next level of API Scriptomancer work. =D
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
"And in that very moment, away behind in some thread of the forum, a user tag appeared. Clean and and crisp it showed, recking nothing of bugs nor of coding, welcoming only the mods that in the API far above the shadows of death was coming with the dawn. "And as if in answer there came from far away another note. Posts, posts, posts, in the forum's threads they grew and echoed. Great posts of users wildly cheering. The Aaron had come at last."

Edited 1702076973
Nick O.
Forum Champion
A new era has dawned. Fortune to The Aaron!
This. Is. Awesome.
Power-skills rewarded. Congratz.
A logical decision !! at last !!
Stephen C.
Pro
Sheet Author
Whoop whoop! Congrats, and I'm hoping you can do some great work.