Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

$400 for a Custom Character Sheet

Edited 1606258697
I have made a Character Sheet using Google Sheets that I have been using for some time. The google sheet imports from a custom database that I built with excel as well. The functionality is all there, except it doesn't do rolling, and of course it doesn't work in Roll20. There are several sections to it.  Attributes, Armor Builder, Weapon builder (it will build the weapon based on the weapons design, and then spit out what it is your are supposed to roll...) Whether it is used as a guide, or a direct translation isn't really important.  What I need is something that is playable in roll20. The game is point based, and each level costs more and more points.  There is more to this but not needed in OP. To get a basic character sheet with some buttons, ability to add new skills (that reference the appropriate attributes with a dropdown maybe, and the formula to "level up" with invested points that are earned - the XP -). In summary: Racial Template (for attributes) Attributes HP / Def (based on custom formula I have) HP / Def / P+ for armor  (Custom and will be explained if you are interested) Ability to add new skills using the points trees that I use, which will have reference to attributes dropdown box Ability to add new attacks (this would including the attributes of the weapon.  To Hit: 1D20+Attr+Skill  Damage: Dtype+(P+)+Misc (type="number") The key part of this is the point system used in leveling up.  There are no classes when you level the class up and it grants you bonuses.  In this game everything is individually leveled up with points.  And each skill tree has a pattern of point costs.   The hardest part is implementing this point tree pattern. I will share the Google sheet so anyone can see it's functionality.  This character sheet does not have to be as complicated.  I can get more functionality built into it later when I have more money. Copy of Character Sheet - Google Sheets
For the record, I wouldn't mind if someone took an existing sheet and customized it.  I don't really care how you go about it. I was using the Starwars Saga sheet.  But there was several issues that I didn't like.  I actually loved the Saga sheet, it had most of the functionality (not the points thought).  But there were things I didn't use, such as BAB, force stuff, Trained Force columns in skills.  The armor section was total crap for my game though. But the weapon section was great (sans the bab) Ability to add new weapons/attacks. Ability to add new skills (under the NPC tab.  Needed one under the PC tab, so I justed ended up having everyone use the NPC tab). Theme would probably need to be cleaned up, but that isn't important right now.
Don't have the mentality for a lot right now, but which system?  Or is this an personal creation?
Personal system but loosely on d20.
Sounds easy enough to do. Do you want it to be purely a character sheet or do you want an associated API to go along with it, to help with rolls and stuff? 
Alexander N. said: Sounds easy enough to do. Do you want it to be purely a character sheet or do you want an associated API to go along with it, to help with rolls and stuff?  There is no current system it's connected to.  HOwever, I am in the middle of building a Compendium, rules book, and all that and I would like, eventually, draggable handouts to the character sheet.  But I don't see that as a "right now" thing. If you are interested, I can show you the current google spreadsheet I use for Character sheets, but they don't work with Roll20, they need to be converted.
Of course, in fact, feel free to add me on discord and we can talk about the details there. I will send you a pm with the contact info. 
Though, I don't think roll20 has support for custom compendiums last I checked, something to keep in mind. I could be wrong, but that is what I have seen.. As such drag and drop functionality is limited. However, there are workarounds. 
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Alexander N. said: Though, I don't think roll20 has support for custom compendiums last I checked, something to keep in mind. It does not. <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Custom_Compendium" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Custom_Compendium</a>
That is a shame, it has been several years and they still haven't gotten to it. Was hoping that they had implemented it for my own character sheets, but I guess I have to keep working around it.&nbsp;
Alexander N. said: That is a shame, it has been several years and they still haven't gotten to it. Was hoping that they had implemented it for my own character sheets, but I guess I have to keep working around it.&nbsp; I got notified by Roll20 that it is possible, but it's much like creating your own series of websites which when compiled IS your compendium.&nbsp; It then reads it via API... or something like that. I asked Roll20.&nbsp; You have to have a number of things in place first though.&nbsp; However, for now, I just want to have a Character Sheet that works, functions, and is prettier than the basic crap one that I have now. I'll look for your PM