Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Token Bars visibility

Hi folks, Last week my players told me (right at the end of the night) that nobody could see each others health bars any more, which I was doing with Token Bars. This is particularly frustrating for the healer :D How do I need to set it now so that all players can see each others HP bar, but only the controller can edit it?  The documentation still talks about the old way, which seemed to be more intuitive to me. It takes two players online helping me figure it out, so I thought I'd ask in advance of the next game. I'm assuming it should be the box i've highlighted blue below, but this setting didn't seem to be working?  Do I also need to set the "see" option in the red box? I appreciate the time anyone takes to answer :)
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
That should be right.  The Red box controls the permissions for the token's Name Plate. The Blue box is for the token bar it corresponds to. Edit == the owner can see it, See == The owner and other players can see it. One thing to be certain of, after changing a token's settings, you'll need to reassign it as the default token on that character, otherwise you'll see the settings as you had them before when you next drag it out.