Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Mutant Year Zero Skill Macro Help

Hi everyone! I am trying to make a macro work to play some MY0 and hit a wall. English isn't my first language and it is hard for me to understand all the scary HTML macro stuff. Now to the issue, I am having: Macro uses skill level from the character sheet and attribute value from the character sheet. I also need somehow for it to ask me for a modifier, but modifier ONLY applies to the SKILL portion of the roll. And modifier is + or - skill dice. Makes sense? I fail to understand how to do it. Thanks in advance! &{template:default} {{name=Rolling Skill:}} ?{Skills|Endure(STR),**Endure**[[@{selected|endure_total}d6>6]] **Strength**[[@{selected|strength}d6>6]] |Force(STR),**Force**[[@{selected|force}d6>6]] **Strength**[[@{selected|strength}d6>6]] |Fight(STR),**Fight**[[@{selected|fight}d6>6]] **Strength**[[@{selected|strength}d6>6]] |Sneak(AGI),**Sneak**[[@{selected|sneak_total}d6>6]] **Agility**[[@{selected|agility}d6>6]] |Move(AGI),**Move**[[@{selected|move}d6>6]] **Agility**[[@{selected|agility}d6>6]] |Shoot(STR),**Shoot**[[@{selected|shoot}d6>6]] **Agility**[[@{selected|agility}d6>6]] |Scout(WIT),**Scout**[[@{selected|scout}d6>6]] **Wits**[[@{selected|wits}d6>6]] |Comprehend(WIT),**Comprehend**[[@{selected|comprehend}d6>6]] **Wits**[[@{selected|wits}d6>6]] |Know The Zone(WIT),**Know The Zone**[[@{selected|know_the_zone_total}d6>6]] **Wits**[[@{selected|wits}d6>6]] |Sense Emotion(EMP),**Sense Emotion**[[@{selected|sense_emotion_total}d6>6]] **Empathy**[[@{selected|empathy}d6>6]] |Manipulate(EMP),**Manipulate**[[@{selected|manipulate}d6>6]] **Empathy**[[@{selected|empathy}d6>6]] |Heal(EMP),**Heal**[[@{selected|heal}d6>6]] **Empathy**[[@{selected|empathy}d6>6]]}

Edited 1606351165
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The easiest way is to subtract the modifier from the target. The first two lines have options for either an Attribute call (if skill_dice is stored as an Attribute) or as a Query (if it is not): &{template:default} {{name=Rolling Skill:}} {{?{Skills |Endure(STR),**Endure**[[@{selected|endure_total}d6> [[6-(@{selected|skill_dice})]] ]] **Strength**[[@{selected|strength}d6>6]] |Force(STR),**Force**[[@{selected|force}d6> [[6-(?{Modifier|0})]] ]] **Strength**[[@{selected|strength}d6>6]] |Fight(STR),**Fight**[[@{selected|fight}d6>6]] **Strength**[[@{selected|strength}d6>6]] |Sneak(AGI),**Sneak**[[@{selected|sneak_total}d6>6]] **Agility**[[@{selected|agility}d6>6]] |Move(AGI),**Move**[[@{selected|move}d6>6]] **Agility**[[@{selected|agility}d6>6]] |Shoot(STR),**Shoot**[[@{selected|shoot}d6>6]] **Agility**[[@{selected|agility}d6>6]] |Scout(WIT),**Scout**[[@{selected|scout}d6>6]] **Wits**[[@{selected|wits}d6>6]] |Comprehend(WIT),**Comprehend**[[@{selected|comprehend}d6>6]] **Wits**[[@{selected|wits}d6>6]] |Know The Zone(WIT),**Know The Zone**[[@{selected|know_the_zone_total}d6>6]] **Wits**[[@{selected|wits}d6>6]] |Sense Emotion(EMP),**Sense Emotion**[[@{selected|sense_emotion_total}d6>6]] **Empathy**[[@{selected|empathy}d6>6]] |Manipulate(EMP),**Manipulate**[[@{selected|manipulate}d6>6]] **Empathy**[[@{selected|empathy}d6>6]] |Heal(EMP),**Heal**[[@{selected|heal}d6>6]] **Empathy**[[@{selected|empathy}d6>6]]} }} Don't forget to wrap it in ( parentheses ) so a negative value won't break the macro.
Welp. I can't make it work. Thanks for the help. The second query thing should work, but it doesn't. It either just doesn't do any output at all, or screws the whole line in the macro. Oosh said: The easiest way is to subtract the modifier from the target. The first two lines have options for either an Attribute call (if skill_dice is stored as an Attribute) or as a Query (if it is not): &{template:default} {{name=Rolling Skill:}} {{?{Skills |Endure(STR),**Endure**[[@{selected|endure_total}d6> [[6-(@{selected|skill_dice})]] ]] **Strength**[[@{selected|strength}d6>6]] |Force(STR),**Force**[[@{selected|force}d6> [[6-(?{Modifier|0})]] ]] **Strength**[[@{selected|strength}d6>6]] |Fight(STR),**Fight**[[@{selected|fight}d6>6]] **Strength**[[@{selected|strength}d6>6]] |Sneak(AGI),**Sneak**[[@{selected|sneak_total}d6>6]] **Agility**[[@{selected|agility}d6>6]] |Move(AGI),**Move**[[@{selected|move}d6>6]] **Agility**[[@{selected|agility}d6>6]] |Shoot(STR),**Shoot**[[@{selected|shoot}d6>6]] **Agility**[[@{selected|agility}d6>6]] |Scout(WIT),**Scout**[[@{selected|scout}d6>6]] **Wits**[[@{selected|wits}d6>6]] |Comprehend(WIT),**Comprehend**[[@{selected|comprehend}d6>6]] **Wits**[[@{selected|wits}d6>6]] |Know The Zone(WIT),**Know The Zone**[[@{selected|know_the_zone_total}d6>6]] **Wits**[[@{selected|wits}d6>6]] |Sense Emotion(EMP),**Sense Emotion**[[@{selected|sense_emotion_total}d6>6]] **Empathy**[[@{selected|empathy}d6>6]] |Manipulate(EMP),**Manipulate**[[@{selected|manipulate}d6>6]] **Empathy**[[@{selected|empathy}d6>6]] |Heal(EMP),**Heal**[[@{selected|heal}d6>6]] **Empathy**[[@{selected|empathy}d6>6]]} }} Don't forget to wrap it in ( parentheses ) so a negative value won't break the macro.
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That's odd... so this doesn't work, copied and pasted directly into chat? &{template:default} {{name=Rolling Skill:}} {{?{Skills |Endure(STR),**Endure**[[@{selected|endure_total}d6>[[6-(?{Modifier|0})]]]] **Strength**[[@{selected|strength}d6>6]] |Force(STR),**Force**[[@{selected|force}d6>[[6-(?{Modifier|0})]]]] **Strength**[[@{selected|strength}d6>6]] |Fight(STR),**Fight**[[@{selected|fight}d6>[[6-(?{Modifier|0})]]]] **Strength**[[@{selected|strength}d6>6]] |Sneak(AGI),**Sneak**[[@{selected|sneak_total}d6>[[6-(?{Modifier|0})]]]] **Agility**[[@{selected|agility}d6>6]] |Move(AGI),**Move**[[@{selected|move}d6>[[6-(?{Modifier|0})]]]] **Agility**[[@{selected|agility}d6>6]] |Shoot(STR),**Shoot**[[@{selected|shoot}d6>[[6-(?{Modifier|0})]]]] **Agility**[[@{selected|agility}d6>6]] |Scout(WIT),**Scout**[[@{selected|scout}d6>[[6-(?{Modifier|0})]]]] **Wits**[[@{selected|wits}d6>6]] |Comprehend(WIT),**Comprehend**[[@{selected|comprehend}d6>[[6-(?{Modifier|0})]]]] **Wits**[[@{selected|wits}d6>6]] |Know The Zone(WIT),**Know The Zone**[[@{selected|know_the_zone_total}d6>[[6-(?{Modifier|0})]]]] **Wits**[[@{selected|wits}d6>6]] |Sense Emotion(EMP),**Sense Emotion**[[@{selected|sense_emotion_total}d6>[[6-(?{Modifier|0})]]]] **Empathy**[[@{selected|empathy}d6>6]] |Manipulate(EMP),**Manipulate**[[@{selected|manipulate}d6>[[6-(?{Modifier|0})]]]] **Empathy**[[@{selected|empathy}d6>6]] |Heal(EMP),**Heal**[[@{selected|heal}d6>[[6-(?{Modifier|0})]]]] **Empathy**[[@{selected|empathy}d6>6]]} }}
Nope. All it does now, is add/subtract to the Six that is there to check if the rolled number a Six or not. You know a minus and another minus makes a plus/a plus and a minus makes a minus. I and if the modifier is a positive number, then it just subtracts from the Six. Any ideas/alternatives? Oosh said: That's odd... so this doesn't work, copied and pasted directly into chat? &{template:default} {{name=Rolling Skill:}} {{?{Skills |Endure(STR),**Endure**[[@{selected|endure_total}d6>[[6-(?{Modifier|0})]]]] **Strength**[[@{selected|strength}d6>6]] |Force(STR),**Force**[[@{selected|force}d6>[[6-(?{Modifier|0})]]]] **Strength**[[@{selected|strength}d6>6]] |Fight(STR),**Fight**[[@{selected|fight}d6>[[6-(?{Modifier|0})]]]] **Strength**[[@{selected|strength}d6>6]] |Sneak(AGI),**Sneak**[[@{selected|sneak_total}d6>[[6-(?{Modifier|0})]]]] **Agility**[[@{selected|agility}d6>6]] |Move(AGI),**Move**[[@{selected|move}d6>[[6-(?{Modifier|0})]]]] **Agility**[[@{selected|agility}d6>6]] |Shoot(STR),**Shoot**[[@{selected|shoot}d6>[[6-(?{Modifier|0})]]]] **Agility**[[@{selected|agility}d6>6]] |Scout(WIT),**Scout**[[@{selected|scout}d6>[[6-(?{Modifier|0})]]]] **Wits**[[@{selected|wits}d6>6]] |Comprehend(WIT),**Comprehend**[[@{selected|comprehend}d6>[[6-(?{Modifier|0})]]]] **Wits**[[@{selected|wits}d6>6]] |Know The Zone(WIT),**Know The Zone**[[@{selected|know_the_zone_total}d6>[[6-(?{Modifier|0})]]]] **Wits**[[@{selected|wits}d6>6]] |Sense Emotion(EMP),**Sense Emotion**[[@{selected|sense_emotion_total}d6>[[6-(?{Modifier|0})]]]] **Empathy**[[@{selected|empathy}d6>6]] |Manipulate(EMP),**Manipulate**[[@{selected|manipulate}d6>[[6-(?{Modifier|0})]]]] **Empathy**[[@{selected|empathy}d6>6]] |Heal(EMP),**Heal**[[@{selected|heal}d6>[[6-(?{Modifier|0})]]]] **Empathy**[[@{selected|empathy}d6>6]]} }}

Edited 1606546047
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ok, I don't understand the system you're using. What are you trying to modify? The number of dice rolled? That's pretty simple: [[@{selected|endure_total} + ?{Modifier|0}]]d6

Edited 1606568256
Val
KS Backer
Okay. In Mutant Year Zero, for doing things, you use up to three different dice pools (Skill die, attribute die, and gear die) to see the result. This macro in the OP is rolling only skill die (taken from the character sheet) and the corresponding attribute for that skill. Now, let's say I am trying to hit someone in the face with a baseball bat (friendly, I know): Fight skill is level 3, so three skill die from that. That's one separate pool. Then we look at the stat, which is also 3 and is Strength. That's two separate pools. Already done in my macro. Then there is the baseball bat itself it gives a gear bonus (not yet implemented in the macro) of 1 - an additional die to roll, but is also a separate pool. Now, my opponent is trying his best to move his face from the path of a baseball bat and I get a -1 modifier to hit. This -1 should go ONLY to the Skill die pool, so in this situation, I would have to remove 1 Skill die and roll only two dice instead of three. Hence the modifier to skill die pool. In MY0 you only count 1s and 6s on a d6, everything else is irrelevant. 1s are bad, 6s are good.I don't care the total number rolled. I need the macro to ask me to modify the skill die quantity rolled. And skill die only. I hope it clears up any confusion. Also, here is the link to the game. In case you want to try the actual macro with a token. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/join/9093555/tOt67Q" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/join/9093555/tOt67Q</a> Oosh said: Ok, I don't understand the system you're using. What are you trying to modify? The number of dice rolled? That's pretty simple: [[@{selected|endure_total} + ?{Modifier&amp;#124;0&amp;#125;]]d6
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ah ok, I definitely had the wrong end of the stick. Sorry about that. I think this does what you want: &amp;{template:default} {{name=Rolling Skill:}} {{?{Skills |Endure(STR),**Endure**[[[[@{selected|endure_total} + (?{Modifier&amp;#124;0&amp;#125;)]]d6&gt;6]] **Strength**[[@{selected|strength}d6&gt;6]] |Force(STR),**Force**[[[[@{selected|force} + (?{Modifier&amp;#124;0&amp;#125;)]]d6&gt;6 +]] **Strength**[[@{selected|strength}d6&gt;6]] |Fight(STR),**Fight**[[[[@{selected|fight} + (?{Modifier&amp;#124;0&amp;#125;)]]d6&gt;6]] **Strength**[[@{selected|strength}d6&gt;6]] |Sneak(AGI),**Sneak**[[[[@{selected|sneak_total} + (?{Modifier&amp;#124;0&amp;#125;)]]d6&gt;6]] **Agility**[[@{selected|agility}d6&gt;6]] |Move(AGI),**Move**[[[[@{selected|move} + (?{Modifier&amp;#124;0&amp;#125;)]]d6&gt;6]] **Agility**[[@{selected|agility}d6&gt;6]] |Shoot(STR),**Shoot**[[[[@{selected|shoot} + (?{Modifier&amp;#124;0&amp;#125;)]]d6&gt;6]] **Agility**[[@{selected|agility}d6&gt;6]] |Scout(WIT),**Scout**[[[[@{selected|scout} + (?{Modifier&amp;#124;0&amp;#125;)]]d6&gt;6]] **Wits**[[@{selected|wits}d6&gt;6]] |Comprehend(WIT),**Comprehend**[[[[@{selected|comprehend} + (?{Modifier&amp;#124;0&amp;#125;)]]d6&gt;6]] **Wits**[[@{selected|wits}d6&gt;6]] |Know The Zone(WIT),**Know The Zone**[[[[@{selected|know_the_zone_total} + (?{Modifier&amp;#124;0&amp;#125;)]]d6&gt;6]] **Wits**[[@{selected|wits}d6&gt;6]] |Sense Emotion(EMP),**Sense Emotion**[[[[@{selected|sense_emotion_total} + (?{Modifier&amp;#124;0&amp;#125;)]]d6&gt;6]] **Empathy**[[@{selected|empathy}d6&gt;6]] |Manipulate(EMP),**Manipulate**[[[[@{selected|manipulate} + (?{Modifier&amp;#124;0&amp;#125;)]]d6&gt;6]] **Empathy**[[@{selected|empathy}d6&gt;6]] |Heal(EMP),**Heal**[[[[@{selected|heal} + (?{Modifier&amp;#124;0&amp;#125;)]]d6&gt;6]] **Empathy**[[@{selected|empathy}d6&gt;6]]} }} If the modifier is usually negative, you might just want to switch the sign so it's "@{selected|skill} - ?{Modifier}", instead of +. That'll just save you typing the minus in each time. There's also the failure operator , I'm not sure if that's any use to you or not? You can subtract 1 from the number of successes by using e.g. [[3d6&gt;6f1]]. Not sure if this is relevant for MY0 or not, but if rolling a 1 on the d6 gives you a penalty, it could be useful. Hopefully I've understood properly this time :)
Everything works as it should now. Thank you very much for your patience with me. Have a good day! Oosh said: Ah ok, I definitely had the wrong end of the stick. Sorry about that. I think this does what you want: &amp;{template:default} {{name=Rolling Skill:}} {{?{Skills |Endure(STR),**Endure**[[[[@{selected|endure_total} + (?{Modifier&amp;#124;0&amp;#125;)]]d6&gt;6]] **Strength**[[@{selected|strength}d6&gt;6]] |Force(STR),**Force**[[[[@{selected|force} + (?{Modifier&amp;#124;0&amp;#125;)]]d6&gt;6 +]] **Strength**[[@{selected|strength}d6&gt;6]] |Fight(STR),**Fight**[[[[@{selected|fight} + (?{Modifier&amp;#124;0&amp;#125;)]]d6&gt;6]] **Strength**[[@{selected|strength}d6&gt;6]] |Sneak(AGI),**Sneak**[[[[@{selected|sneak_total} + (?{Modifier&amp;#124;0&amp;#125;)]]d6&gt;6]] **Agility**[[@{selected|agility}d6&gt;6]] |Move(AGI),**Move**[[[[@{selected|move} + (?{Modifier&amp;#124;0&amp;#125;)]]d6&gt;6]] **Agility**[[@{selected|agility}d6&gt;6]] |Shoot(STR),**Shoot**[[[[@{selected|shoot} + (?{Modifier&amp;#124;0&amp;#125;)]]d6&gt;6]] **Agility**[[@{selected|agility}d6&gt;6]] |Scout(WIT),**Scout**[[[[@{selected|scout} + (?{Modifier&amp;#124;0&amp;#125;)]]d6&gt;6]] **Wits**[[@{selected|wits}d6&gt;6]] |Comprehend(WIT),**Comprehend**[[[[@{selected|comprehend} + (?{Modifier&amp;#124;0&amp;#125;)]]d6&gt;6]] **Wits**[[@{selected|wits}d6&gt;6]] |Know The Zone(WIT),**Know The Zone**[[[[@{selected|know_the_zone_total} + (?{Modifier&amp;#124;0&amp;#125;)]]d6&gt;6]] **Wits**[[@{selected|wits}d6&gt;6]] |Sense Emotion(EMP),**Sense Emotion**[[[[@{selected|sense_emotion_total} + (?{Modifier&amp;#124;0&amp;#125;)]]d6&gt;6]] **Empathy**[[@{selected|empathy}d6&gt;6]] |Manipulate(EMP),**Manipulate**[[[[@{selected|manipulate} + (?{Modifier&amp;#124;0&amp;#125;)]]d6&gt;6]] **Empathy**[[@{selected|empathy}d6&gt;6]] |Heal(EMP),**Heal**[[[[@{selected|heal} + (?{Modifier&amp;#124;0&amp;#125;)]]d6&gt;6]] **Empathy**[[@{selected|empathy}d6&gt;6]]} }} If the modifier is usually negative, you might just want to switch the sign so it's "@{selected|skill} - ?{Modifier}", instead of +. That'll just save you typing the minus in each time. There's also the failure operator , I'm not sure if that's any use to you or not? You can subtract 1 from the number of successes by using e.g. [[3d6&gt;6f1]]. Not sure if this is relevant for MY0 or not, but if rolling a 1 on the d6 gives you a penalty, it could be useful. Hopefully I've understood properly this time :)