Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Reordering repeating groups

Edited 1606462131
Ray W.
Sheet Author
Hi, I discovered an issue that when I reorder items on one of my repeating tables, the selected item will shift to the left: HTML snippet: (All the code + CSS: <a href="https://github.com/ray-cw/roll20-CPR-charactersheet/blob/main/cyberpunkred-raycw.html" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/ray-cw/roll20-CPR-charactersheet/blob/main/cyberpunkred-raycw.html</a> ) &lt;fieldset class="repeating_nbi"&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;div class="flex-table"&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;div class="bg-black-item program-name"&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;input type=text spellcheck=false name="attr_programname" placeholder="type here..."&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;/div&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;div class="bg-black-item program-class"&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;select name="attr_programclass"&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;option value="booster"&gt;booster&lt;/option&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;option value="defender"&gt;defender&lt;/option&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;option value="anti-program"&gt;anti-program-attacker&lt;/option&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;option value="anti-personnel"&gt;anti-personnel-attacker&lt;/option&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;/select&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;/div&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;div class="bg-black-item program-atk"&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;input type=number name="attr_programatk"&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;/div&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;div class="bg-black-item program-def"&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;input type=number name="attr_programdef"&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;/div&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;div class="bg-black-item program-rez"&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;input type=number name="attr_programrez"&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;/div&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;div class="bg-black-item program-effect auto-expand"&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;span name="attr_programeffects"&gt;&lt;/span&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;textarea spellcheck=false name="attr_programeffects"&gt;&lt;/textarea&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;/div&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;/div&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;/fieldset&gt; I assumed it was a problem with my CSS, so I tried using a barebones example (right off the Wiki) with no css. I ran into the exact same issue: The HTML: &lt;fieldset class="repeating_skills"&gt; &nbsp; &lt;input type="text" name="attr_skillname" /&gt; &lt;/fieldset&gt; I have recreated this problem on both Mozilla and Chrome. Notably, it won't happen the first time you reorder items. However, if you click 'Done' and then 'Modify', this occurs. What can I do to fix this?

Edited 1606464048
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Ray, I just checked in chrome and ff with the basic html and my rows stay aligned after reordering...&nbsp;&nbsp; I noticed you are using the sandbox.&nbsp; Have you tested outside the sandbox? edit/update : Just checked in the sandbox in chrome and ff.&nbsp; Also looks good for me. IDK
Ray W.
Sheet Author
I realize I wasn't clear in my initial post. The error doesn't happen after you are done reordering, it happens as you are dragging the element.&nbsp; Not sure why yours worked alright, but for me the fix was the set the position of the parent element to position: relative. Apparently, the position of&nbsp; repeating section rows as you are dragging them across the screen is position: absolute, left: 0px (I figured that out from looking at the console). If the position of the parent element isn't set, position absolute will use the body as its point of reference (left: 0px is the left side of the window, which you can see happen as I drag things around).
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Ray, The row shifts as you are dragging it.&nbsp; &nbsp;I see what you're talking about now.&nbsp; &nbsp;;-) While I can see how this might cause issues with a sheet's layout while dragging something, I almost think this is by design to help distinguish which row you have selected (other than the color change alone) and which row you are currently targeting. Glad you found a workaround in case this behavior is undesirable for a particular sheet.