Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Pathfinder's Abomination Vaults Adventure Path coming to Roll20?

Hi Roll20 folks Is the Abomination Vaults Adventure Path books coming to Roll20? The first is   "Ruins of Gauntlight" and Paizo shows the PDF is available late January '21.  I am wanting to run it with one of my groups and was hoping to buy it through Roll20. Having an adventure path built in Roll20, saves a lot of time. I am running Agents of Edgewatch Adventure Path with another group. It works pretty good, its nice to have all the NPC (or creatures not in the Bestiarys prepped and art work set). The only changes I have had to make have been with where the HP bar is located on the tokens of the NPCs (I prefer overlapping botttom vs above, as it declutters the map some).  It is well worth the cost to buy through Roll20, even after I bought the paper version at my local game store.  Thanks for your hard work. 
Yes Please!!!
Same, am planning to run this through Roll 20 and was hoping it would release on launch day (Jan 27th) on Roll 20!
I have one more suggestion for the adventure paths uploaded to Roll20. When doing dynamic lighting walls and doors, make the doors like a fish hook or L shape so they are easier to remove to let the players through to the next room.  Hoping Abomination Vaults Adventure Path comes to Roll20!!
I'm betting we will But you never know with Roll20 sometimes, wish they would be more forthcoming, ya know Posted this in the troubles in Ontaro thread, here to so you get the context Aaron Shanks  Marketing & Media Manager Thursday, 03:34 pm   |  FLAG   |  LIST  |  REPLY + We have no timeline from Roll20. The choice is theirs. If I hear one, I will tell you. Edit: Sorry, I pled ignorance too soon. Our Director of Licensing knows what they are working on. AP's are high on their list, understandably. Their services are in high demand during the pandemic. So they have to "pick their battles." Politely communicating to them your interest in Troubles in Otari may be effective. *wink* from the Paizo forums :) Tom
I assume that response was meant more for the "Troubles in Otari" module, but good to know that APs are high on the list. Hoping to see it live on the 27th, as my group plans to start playing that day!
yep, it was and as ya noticed that last part was the key, one of my groups picked that as well to, LOL Tom
I too would love to see the Abomination Vaults added to Roll20.  
Developer over at Paizo posted last week they (Roll20) are working on it for the street date release, but notes various VTT's might be a day or so later at times depending Tom
I am eagerly awaiting the roll20 release! Our group is very hyped for the Abomination Vaults. So I guess we will get the Roll20 release today or at least in a few days?
This is an AP I've been wanting for PF2 for a long while. Hopefully they will have it ready very soon. They should also get Troubles in Otari and the Pathfinder Society scenarios going too. I don't know why they are missing out on those.
Any way to communicate with Roll20 for information on this? My group is eager to begin this weekend and will be bummed if we can't start with the roll20 module :(
Sadly no release yesterday, hoping today or Friday, usually around 11 AM CST is when I see new stuff pop up on the Marketplace. I had to delay my Friday game of this sadly already as I mod the Modules as well. Cheers, lets hope we get this by the weekend!! Tom
Ah, thanks for the time tip. Then I will know when to pop back on roll20 to check instead of every 2-3 hours haha
Here is hoping :)
Really looking forward to this :3
sooooo...?
Still waiting....
Not even a single post from Roll 20 mentioning this product existing! No mention of it being delayed, or even coming at all. For all we know they could just not plan to release it whatsoever. But with the radio silence from them, it's definitely frustrating. First they dont release Troubles in Otari, now they're not releasing the adventure path? Considering I just spend a couple of hundred dollars on Pathfinder 2E content on roll20, they're not instilling a lot of confidence in their ability to support it...

Edited 1611989490
JJL
Pro
Its definitely disheartening considering how fast they put all 5e products on pre orders :'D Though at least Paizo's marketing department member mentioned roll20 is planning to bring this module to marketplace, so hopefully that means we don't have to wait much longer
So any way of contacting roll20?

Edited 1612188936
Tom
Pro
I would assume sometime this week but you know how it can go here at times....... I think we really need to send in a LOT of Questions to Feb 10th's Twitch chat, about Paizo products.   One would think even have a locked thread where they could post whats coming out and when (within reason)  They did promise to try and hit the street date on all APs for Pathfinder 2nd Ed, that was their only promise that I know of.  And this is the first module from an AP that did'nt make the street date, Extingtion Curse we got all in 1 day then Agents of Edgewatch all hit the street date to. The Modules as nothing was said about them will be hit or miss, but people need to start posting on their respective threads, not just a couple of us or I don't think we will see it, at least Troubles In Otari. I totally get the 5th Ed gets their special treatment as thats a LOT of their business, But if one wants to grow the small systems like PF II and Starfinder one has to have products to play them.  PF II is good to go considering the 2 snags we have had. Starfinder on the other hand......  well they need to work on that big time in my humble opinion, but this is'nt the thread for that fight, LOL Tom
Its kinda issue since I was hyped to start running abomination vaults right away since I realized it might be type of ap I can experiment not reading entire thing in advance(as its a mega dungeon and book 1 spends whole adventure material inside it, that means there isn't really any foreshadowing I could add that players won't learn in above rooms anyway)

Edited 1612466423
I'm also waiting for this. As soon as it drops, I'm buying it for my GM. In the interim we're stuck using (gulp) Google Slides.
I do hope I'm just being paranoid but I'm reminded of when they announced that they won't be continuing adapting return of the runelords :*D I was so much hoping for rest of the parts...
This lack of communication is very frustrating and frankly, I am insanely annoyed at this point
So is Roll20 behind or just stopped supporting Paizo content?  They need to make business decisions but at least communicate it. 
I'm pretty much done waiting....switching to a different VTT for this game.  If they'd at least respond we'd be able to plan, but this is ridiculous
Huh pathfinder maps :O I wonder if that is reason behind the delay?
So I bought the PDF of  Abomination Vaults Adventure Path from Paizo and it's pretty good. It comes with a PDF of the maps. The maps allow you to turn off secret doors, trap markers, room markers and even the grid. Not having a grid makes the map pretty easy to upload. Just use the "set dimension" (after counting the squares of course... one thing I wish Paizo just gave you was the dimensions in squares), and then do a bit of fine toning so the Roll20 grid lines up. The map looks way better then the maps I have uploaded from PFS scenarios or maps I have found online with grids marked on them. Also, most of the monsters are from the Bestiary I & II, so they drop right into the map without much NPC building. Its not as easy as Agents of Edgewatch, but a good enough second choice. I hope Paizo keeps up this sort of VTT support. 
If thats the case JJL then I think their way of doing things is way off the mark for their player base!! Yep the PDF's are getting better, but not the High Res Roll20 gets from them but it is what it is for now. Wait and wonder and hand craft my game for this sadly Tom
@Jon O. How do you extract the maps out of the PDF? 
Phil said: @Jon O. How do you extract the maps out of the PDF?  I am using Windows 10. I turn off the items I mentioned above. Then use the "Snip & Sketch" app to outline and then cut the map (or any) image I want.  It works fairly well. 
I use copy paste and image editing software <_<
Still waiting on this one myself. Actually dropping an Age of Ashes game because trying to get the maps and things into Roll20 is just too much of a hassle for the amount of prep time I have. It's an insta-buy as soon as it shows up because I don't really want to try to transition my players to another VTT.
I emailed the support and got this answer: " We are absolutely bringing more products from Paizo to Roll20. While we cannot give specifics of what’s coming next outside of what has been currently announced, more support is coming! Keep an eye out on our mailing list, on the Roll20 marketplace, or our social media for further updates. Thanks for checking in!"
On the Paizo forums, a user mentioned a good PDF Image Extraction tool. I was able to use that and get really high res images out of the Paizo PDFs, which I then imported into Roll20. Also allows me to make high resolution handouts and tokens. It was called "PDF Image Extract Wizard" and I bought a license so it would have more advanced features. Highly recommended if you are going to be building your maps from scratch, since roll 20 doesn't seem to be interested in bringing them to market!
Welp, 2 weeks late now and what did we get today....... another flip map, a good one, but still........?? Everyone needs to be on their live Twitch stream Roll20 roundtable tonight at 6:30 PM CST and ask questions about what is going on!! Tom
Bad news just from the twitch stream, they are NOT currently working on this AP Tom:(
That's incredibly disappointing. I'll have to figure out where to take my Abomination Vaults group since that content won't be supported on Roll20 and trying to avoid doing all the map and monster work myself is why I'm not running Age of Ashes anymore.
What are they working on from Paizo?  Did Roll20 give some reason for going back on their commitment to keep up with the Pathfinder 2E new release adventure paths?  Was there lack-luster enthusiasm for the previous adventure paths (circus and agents)?  Unfortunate they chose to skip Age of Ashes, my group is having a good time with that one.  I've been building those modules myself in Roll20, but I would have purchases them had they been available.  Sadly, the only Roll20 available PF2E adventure paths and standalone (Slithering) are not appealing.  Might I suggest Roll20 look at the sales of PF2E Core Rule Book, Bestiaries and the like compared to the adventure path module sales.  I'm guessing the rule-book purchases far outweigh the adventure module purchases.  I propose that perhaps its the last couple of adventure path's content and not PF2E as a whole that may be at fault.  There certainly seems to be a fair amount of interest in the Abomination Vault series.  I sincerely hope Roll20 reconsiders producing the Abomination vault series.  Please don't abandon PF2E!

Edited 1613025478
JJL
Pro
Tom said: Bad news just from the twitch stream, they are NOT currently working on this AP Tom:( Wait what why? D: Is this because I skipped buying edgewatch since I'm planning to play it?(well okay seriously though that wouldn't be the reason since only one person :P ) Edit: Ah found out why: Its because they are working on Troubles in Otari first. So according to paizo's marketing team, they are still presumably planning to work on this, but its going to come after Troubles in otari. So whether we see this at all probably depends on whether roll20 feels like "eh too late to work on this anymore", but presumably we might still get this, just late?
Terry J. said: What are they working on from Paizo? It seems like they are working on Troubles from Otari, but paizo marketing team member mistook they were also working on abomination vaults because the plan is that they are working on Abomination Vaults post Troubles.  I dunno if this is because of that menace under otari/troubles from otari shenanigans I had heard about earlier, but seems like abomination vaults might still be on table, just late on schedule? We'll see I guess, but guess my plans of trying to run ap without first reading all parts isn't happening x'D Which is good I guess since it IS better to just read all parts first anyway...
I will talk to my group to relocate the game to a different website. This stinks

Edited 1613034888
JJL
Pro
I do kinda feel annoyed since they did hire more people to do more modules, but they still seem to only be able to work on one module at time. I mean, if I really wanted to I could prep this entire book in day or two(I've done it before with APs) :/ Main reason I'm not doing that is that I'd rather wait to have maps in high resolution and take it easy because I already run four games a week. Like why do prep yourself when you think its going to be released in marketplace in future anyway? (That and I'm already prepping material from pdfs into roll20 for three other campaigns(fourth is homebrew) That said, I'm personally willing to wait for this to be on roll20. Again I know its better to read all ap parts before running ap and I DO have too many games going on already, so might as well just be patient. But yeah, its still disappointing to hear this will take extra time(and its easy to get paranoid about whether it will get here at all), but it just means I'm not starting fifth shorter sunday campaign anytime soon x'D
JJL said: Wait what why? D: Is this because I skipped buying edgewatch since I'm planning to play it?(well okay seriously though that wouldn't be the reason since only one person :P ) Edit: Ah found out why: Its because they are working on Troubles in Otari first. So according to paizo's marketing team, they are still presumably planning to work on this, but its going to come after Troubles in otari. So whether we see this at all probably depends on whether roll20 feels like "eh too late to work on this anymore", but presumably we might still get this, just late? I would imagine the backlash against having a law enforcement AP, even with the work Paizo did to make it possible for it not to be that may have also resulted in low sales for Edgewatch. Where'd you see that they were going to be working on Abomination Vaults after Troubles in Otari? I can't find that anywhere, only the Paizo tweet from the 28th that they said on the Twitch stream was Paizo with some "incorrect information that caused some confusion".
Daniel T. said: JJL said: Wait what why? D: Is this because I skipped buying edgewatch since I'm planning to play it?(well okay seriously though that wouldn't be the reason since only one person :P ) Edit: Ah found out why: Its because they are working on Troubles in Otari first. So according to paizo's marketing team, they are still presumably planning to work on this, but its going to come after Troubles in otari. So whether we see this at all probably depends on whether roll20 feels like "eh too late to work on this anymore", but presumably we might still get this, just late? I would imagine the backlash against having a law enforcement AP, even with the work Paizo did to make it possible for it not to be that may have also resulted in low sales for Edgewatch. Where'd you see that they were going to be working on Abomination Vaults after Troubles in Otari? I can't find that anywhere, only the Paizo tweet from the 28th that they said on the Twitch stream was Paizo with some "incorrect information that caused some confusion". That was my interpretation of that message since the on paizo side the marketing team member noted that they thought they had started work on abomination vaults based on report roll20 had given paizo. So again, maybe they aren't going to work on it, but that is sign they originally planned to at least
Phil said: I will talk to my group to relocate the game to a different website. This stinks Yeah, we've already started migrating to Foundry over this. Sucks because I bought a lot of PF2E content in Roll 20, but if they're not going to support the APs then all that money was basically wasted.

Edited 1613497688
Foundryvtt has a module that you can install that automatically uploads all of the PDF's content including maps to foundryvtt, if you have bought them from paizo.com. This includes every AP book for PF2e, standalone module and PF society  season 1 and 2. It makes it super easy to set up PF2e stuff on Foundryvtt. That being said roll20 is still the place to go for DnD5e content.
I'm in the same boat. I really want to run AV in Roll20 for the convenience, but the support for Pathfinder in Fantasy Grounds and Foundry looks so much more robust. Very tempting. I still have 4 to 6 weeks or so before having to commit one way or another, hoping Roll20 comes through (or makes an announcement) about AV in the mean time!
It's a shame than Roll20 Team don't see with the lack off support on Pathfinder 2 Product they going to push people on other VTT and when it's going to happen no return going to happen. I have buy near all Pathfinder product available, and the logic behind the Beginner Box it's to provide the sequel adventure behind, who take place in the same town, and a Module and a Short AP must be propose asap. I assume if none of this product going to be propose for the end of the month, lot of people going to look for other VTT, for me it's going to happen Foundry seem very good and if I must invest time to prep table, I prefer chose a more relevant Product. Unfortunately to me I going to loose years of work on PF1, Starfinder and PF2 in the process (I use roll20 near the beginning=, but think it's the time to move before invest more work for and AP preparation because not available on the Marketplace. And we see the lack of interest from Roll20 Team just by hte fact they don't reply on this topic of present to us some perspectives or plan.