Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Updated Roll20AM

Edited 1611033267
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It's been quite a long time but I got motivated to finally fix some nagging issues in Roll20AM and add some new functionality Fixed - If you start an individual track in a playlist and go back to the playlist and try to stop it, it won't stop.&nbsp;&nbsp; - There was an intermittent API failure surrounding get object id.&nbsp; This usually happens between games and I always just restarted API sandbox, but I fixed it.&nbsp; - Two config panels were being displayed when you issued the config command.&nbsp; That's no longer.&nbsp;&nbsp; New - Ability to change the default modes for all playlists and tracks.&nbsp; Should be used after an import but can be used anytime.&nbsp; Note that this will change ALL playlists or ALL tracks depending on what you choose - TheAaron supplied some code to allow for random music playing using Rollable Tables.&nbsp; No idea why anyone would want to do that, but since theAaron coded it, how can I refuse.&nbsp; It's in.&nbsp;&nbsp; One click should be updated tomorrow.&nbsp; But for those that don't want to wait, there code is on my github here:&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/vicberg/Roll20-Audio-Master-V2.0" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/vicberg/Roll20-Audio-Master-V2.0</a>
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Nice!&nbsp; =D
Sounds great, Victor! And the random music playing sounds like a nifty addition. I can think of a few ways already to enhance my games with it! And thanks for fixing the two config panels! I was wondering what that was about.
Rye T. said: Sounds great, Victor! I see what you did there!
Awesome, was jonesing for a Roll20AM update!&nbsp;
Victor, played around with 2.15 this afternoon. Looks great. I really appreciate that the menus display at larger size in chat, incidentally. And good riddance to the two config panels bug! :) One issue. Whenever you play a track, it sends a public "Now Playing Track X" message to chat. I actually love this, but I don't want that message to be public (clutters up the chat for my players). Can you give us the option to make that message gm-only?&nbsp;
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You have to import script and set displayTrack to false and save script.&nbsp; I think I'll add it as a config option.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Victor B. said: You have to import script and set displayTrack to false and save script.&nbsp; I think I'll add it as a config option.&nbsp;&nbsp; So setting displayTrack to false will still send me the message in chat?&nbsp;
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
No, won't send message at all.&nbsp; It all or nada right now.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Victor B. said: No, won't send message at all.&nbsp; It all or nada right now.&nbsp;&nbsp; Ah, too bad. Hopefully you can add the ability to whisper GM only at some point.

Edited 1611636366
Hi, Victor! Any clue as to when there will be a config option for the displayed sound? Kind of odd when it publicizes every attack sound.
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
For right now you need to import the script and at the top of the script, set displayTrack = false.&nbsp; I'll put a config in for this week
Hi Victor, How do I update the script? I added it to my game a few weeks ago, but don't want to do anything wrong, so how do I ensure I've got the most up to date version? Thanks!
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
one click is up to date.&nbsp; You can import the script (an option at the bottom).&nbsp; At the top of the script you'll see displayTrack=true, set to displayTrack=false,
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I pushed a change out but didn't have time for a new revision.&nbsp; Hoping the change pushes out without extra effort.&nbsp; I shut off the display track.&nbsp; If by tomorrow the issue still exists, then an option is to remove Roll20AM and bring it back and that should do it.&nbsp; Otherwise import script and shut displayTrack off.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Thanks Victor
New to the Forum so I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this. please correct me if its wrong. I have been trying to make audio master play sounds for my players attacks. My config settings are below and my jukebox tracks have been imported. I want to put the sound on the players character sheet attacks, and in macros for token actions. The command "!roll20AM --audio,play,nomenu|arrow hit" works in the chat window but not in attack descriptions or macros. If it matters I also want to put a GIF in the attack description but I know how to do that one. This is what I currently have: [longbow]( <a href="https://media.giphy.com/media/A2BzYMzhxjFSM/giphy.gif" rel="nofollow">https://media.giphy.com/media/A2BzYMzhxjFSM/giphy.gif</a> ) }} !roll20AM --audio,play,nomenu|arrow hit Sorry if this has been answered, I am new to APIs, Macros and Roll 20 Pro. Still getting use to navigating the Forums. Roll20 AM (2.15) -&nbsp; Setup Master Volume:&nbsp; 100% Fade Time:&nbsp; 0 (Seconds) Delayed:&nbsp; 0 (Seconds) Playlists Tracks Tags Stop All Tracks Import Jukebox Playlist Mode:&nbsp; loop Track Mode:&nbsp; loop Remove All Viewed By:&nbsp; gm Access:&nbsp; Full Menu Display:&nbsp; On
Dungeon Master said: New to the Forum so I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this. please correct me if its wrong. I have been trying to make audio master play sounds for my players attacks. My config settings are below and my jukebox tracks have been imported. I want to put the sound on the players character sheet attacks, and in macros for token actions. The command "!roll20AM --audio,play,nomenu|arrow hit" works in the chat window but not in attack descriptions or macros. If it matters I also want to put a GIF in the attack description but I know how to do that one. This is what I currently have: [longbow]( <a href="https://media.giphy.com/media/A2BzYMzhxjFSM/giphy.gif" rel="nofollow">https://media.giphy.com/media/A2BzYMzhxjFSM/giphy.gif</a> ) }} !roll20AM --audio,play,nomenu|arrow hit Sorry if this has been answered, I am new to APIs, Macros and Roll 20 Pro. Still getting use to navigating the Forums. Roll20 AM (2.15) -&nbsp; Setup Master Volume:&nbsp; 100% Fade Time:&nbsp; 0 (Seconds) Delayed:&nbsp; 0 (Seconds) Playlists Tracks Tags Stop All Tracks Import Jukebox Playlist Mode:&nbsp; loop Track Mode:&nbsp; loop Remove All Viewed By:&nbsp; gm Access:&nbsp; Full Menu Display:&nbsp; On Hey there. My first question would be: is the specific track you're trying to call available to your players? Click the Lock icon in the track menu for "arrow hit" and it will change to unlock. That will allow your players to call it. Second question: is "arrow hit" part of a playlist? If it's not it won't play.
Thanks for the response. The track is available to my players, I didn't know it had to be in a playlist. I had it in a playlist on the jukebox, I cant figure out how to make playlists on Audio Master.
Dungeon Master said: Thanks for the response. The track is available to my players, I didn't know it had to be in a playlist. I had it in a playlist on the jukebox, I cant figure out how to make playlists on Audio Master. If it was in a playlist in the Jukebox, you should be fine. Roll20AM replicates the Jukebox playlist. I'm honestly not sure what the issue is, since you say you can play the track fine from Roll20AM itself or in chat, but not in a macro. (API commands won't work in an attack description from a character sheet, as far as I know.) I'll let those who know more chime in. Hopefully someone can help you. I love running attack sounds (and fx) with player and monster attacks.
Could you possibly send me a copy of one of your players attack macros? Its working for me as the gm but when i join as a player i cant hear the sound.
Dungeon Master said: Could you possibly send me a copy of one of your players attack macros? Its working for me as the gm but when i join as a player i cant hear the sound. Hmm. That's really odd. Here's an attack macro from one of my players (well, I made it and put it on his character sheet in the Attributes and abilities tab; none of my players is even remotely interested in diving into macro creation). /em @{selected|token_name} swings their axe in a vicious arc at @{target|token_name}! /fx burn-holy /fx bubbling-blood @{target|token_id} !roll20AM --audio,play,nomenu|Battleaxe Strikes Wood Shield by Stuart Duffield
So I'm having a weird error with only some players. When some players use their abilities the sound and gif image works as intended. Others the gif works fine but the sound does not and it gives an error in chat Invalid roll20am Command Restricted action not allowed by a player. Switching over as a player and I get the same error. Any Idea why? We are all on chrome.
Micah said: So I'm having a weird error with only some players. When some players use their abilities the sound and gif image works as intended. Others the gif works fine but the sound does not and it gives an error in chat Invalid roll20am Command Restricted action not allowed by a player. Switching over as a player and I get the same error. Any Idea why? We are all on chrome. Probably specific sounds haven't been enabled for player access. You have to do it on a track-by-track basis. Make sure each track you want players to be able to access has the padlock unlocked in the Roll20AM interface.
Thanks!! man OMG&nbsp;
Micah said: Thanks!! man OMG&nbsp; No problem! Glad I could help.