Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Script] DLDark - Magical Darkness via Dynamic Lighting Layer Thread 2

Edited 1621597874
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Starting a new thread as the previous one was closed due to inactivity. (Initial post copied here for reference) This script was inspired by a "Stupid Trick" proposed by Avi: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5899495/stupid-roll20-tricks-and-some-clever-ones/?pageforid=8900893#post-8900893" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5899495/stupid-roll20-tricks-and-some-clever-ones/?pageforid=8900893#post-8900893</a> Avi represents magical darkness by drawing a grid within a circle on the DL layer. It blocks line of sight from both the exterior and the interior, without covering tokens on the object layer like a big black circle token does. Players controlling characters within the darkness will see only their token.&nbsp; Cool idea, Avi! Rather than drawing this manually every time, I thought this would be a good use of API scripting to automate. Also, it sounded like a fun first javascript project ever for me :) To use: Create a dummy character whose token has the desired size and image of the darkness generated (e.g. 20ft radius black circle) Add an Ability macro to call the new !dldark script and set as a token action Ideally used in conjunction with Token-mod to send the darkness token to the map layer (e.g.&nbsp;!token-mod --set layer|map) &nbsp;Added this functionality directly to !dldark So, drag it out and click a token action to summon your darkness. The script draws an approximated circle (stole a portion from TheAaron's !dlcircle script) on the DL layer of the same diameter as the token's width, and using the token's position. Additionally, interior gridlines are drawn within the circle to block LoS for those within the darkness. The entire drawing can be moved easily as one object by the GM if there is a need.&nbsp;Moving the darkness token to the map layer allows character tokens within the darkness to be seen clearly by the DM, while the player will only see his/her token. Note that if Restrict Movement is ON, then the GM will have to move character tokens in/out/within the darkness, but them's the breaks! Support my work on&nbsp; Patreon I've been asked by a few folks if they can provide support in appreciation for a script or other help. &nbsp;If you find yourself falling into that group, too, then thank you! If not, no worries - it's not why I do this. &nbsp;I just want everyone to have as much fun as possible playing the games that they love! Disclaimer: Patreon campaigns are not affiliated with Roll20. Contributions are entirely voluntary and Roll20 cannot provide support or refunds for contributions. Syntax: !dldark &lt; buffer &gt; &lt; makeGrid &gt; &lt; sendToMapLayer &gt; " buffer " &lt; # &gt; Optional. Default = 0 reduce the radius of the darkness by this many pixels. allows the source of the darkness to be seen at the outer border of the darkness. " makeGrid " &lt; true / false &gt; Optional. Default = true draw a grid inside of the darkness circle. the grid will be aligned with the map grid based on page settings " SendToMapLayer " &lt; true / false &gt; Optional. Default = true send the source token to the map layer after creating the DL path? if true, will send to map layer and perform a z-order "ToFront" if false, will keep on token layer and perform a z-order "ToBack" Example syntax: !dldark &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;makes darkness circle all the way to the token perimeter, sends source token to map layer !dldark 15 true &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;leaves a 15 pixel buffer before darkness starts, draws grid inside circle, sends source token to map layer !dldark ?{buffer radius?|15} true false &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;queries for darkness buffer, draws grid, source token remains on object layer De-linking syntax (v0.3 and later): &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; !dldarkclear token &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; unlinks selected token and corresponding dynamic lighting path (requires token selection)&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; !dldarkclear tok &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; (Alias) unlinks selected token and corresponding dynamic lighting path (requires token selection)&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; !dldarkclear page &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;unlinks all tokens and corresponding dynamic lighting paths from the current page (requires token selection)&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; !dldarkclear campaign &nbsp; &nbsp;unlinks all tokens and corresponding dynamic lighting paths from the ENTIRE CAMPAIGN (Use caution!) Versions v0.2 -- &nbsp;updates include (1) optional "buffer" that brings the radius of the darkness in a bit so players can see the edge of the effect causing the darkness, (2) interior grid optional , (3) automatically aligns the DL grid with the actual map grid (based on page settings), (4) supports gridless maps , and (5) gives the option whether or not to move the source token to the map layer . v0.3 -- &nbsp; Darkness paths are now linked to the source token . When the token is moved, the darkness will follow automatically. If the token is deleted, the darkness path is automatically deleted as well. Added the optional !dldarkclear &nbsp;command, which will de-link the source token and darkness path for a selected token, entire page, or the entire campaign, depending on arguments passed to the command (see example syntax above). Full code can be found here: <a href="https://github.com/djmoorehead/roll20-api-scripts/tree/master/DL%20Darkness" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/djmoorehead/roll20-api-scripts/tree/master/DL%20Darkness</a> Some screenshots. First, the darkness token is dragged to the map (20ft radius, in this case) After the !dldark script is run, in both GM and player view modes.&nbsp; (Note, token-mod was used in the screenshots, too, so the darkness token is now on the map layer): &nbsp;Edited: token is now moved to map layer as part of !dldark script (optional). Here is the player view when inside of the darkness Animated gif (click to play). Cloudkill in a tavern. What could go wrong? This example also uses my&nbsp; Spawn &nbsp;script to create the source token prior to creating the darkness effect.

Edited 1611776977
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Version Update - v0.3 Darkness paths are now linked to the source token . When the token is moved, the darkness will follow automatically. If the token is deleted, the darkness path is automatically deleted as well. Deleting the darkness leaves the source token behind, however (you could make a "darkness stamp" in this way). Added the&nbsp; optional !dldarkclear &nbsp;command, which will de-link the source token and darkness path for a selected token, entire page, or the entire campaign, depending on arguments passed to the command (see example syntax). De-linking syntax: &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; !dldarkclear token &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; unlinks selected token and corresponding dynamic lighting path (requires token selection)&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; !dldarkclear tok &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; (Alias) unlinks selected token and corresponding dynamic lighting path (requires token selection)&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; !dldarkclear page &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;unlinks all tokens and corresponding dynamic lighting paths from the current page (requires token selection)&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; !dldarkclear campaign &nbsp; &nbsp;unlinks all tokens and corresponding dynamic lighting paths from the ENTIRE CAMPAIGN (Use caution!) (Had to break my animated gif example into 3 parts to fit under the 10MB limit) Animated gif - Part 1 - dldark tokens/paths on two pages - showing movement tracking &amp; auto delete Animated gif - Part 2 - dldark tokens/paths on two pages - showing de-linking by page Animated gif - Part 3 - dldark tokens/paths on two pages - showing de-linking across entire campaign (all pages)
Did some quick testing, created a token and dragged to see if darkness followed. It worked fine. Deleting token also deleted darkness, which is really good! I haven't tested any of the de-linking commands, since I don't have a use for that functionality at the moment. A question: if I want to center the darkness on a character token (monster or NPC), is it best practice to set the&nbsp;SendToMapLayer option to false to keep the token on the object layer? In any case, thank you so much for this script! My black abishai is all set to torment my party next session...;)
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Cool, thanks for the feedback, Jay. Re: SendToMapLayer, I think it's a matter of preference and circumstance. I tend to leave it on the object layer for quicker deletion. Plus, if the obscuring area can be moved (e.g. Fog Cloud in the wind), it makes it easier to do so. If the darkness is more permanent, or if you are having issues accidentally selecting/moving the darkness source token, then sending it to the map layer might be a better option. Obviously, it's an extra step to delete it later in that case, so I'd just go with what works best for your situation.&nbsp; Another note since it sounds like you are a player: if you have some sort of ability to see in magical darkness (e.g. Truesight, blindfighting fighter style from Tasha's, or Devil's Sight warlock invocation), one option you may want to check out is my !radar script , which can give you a printout in chat of token locations within range even if your token sight is blocked by DL lines. DM will still have to move you if you are blocked in with a darkness grid, but it could give you a better idea of what's around you. Can also allow seeing into existing darkness if you are outside of it.
David M. said: Cool, thanks for the feedback, Jay. Re: SendToMapLayer, I think it's a matter of preference and circumstance. I tend to leave it on the object layer for quicker deletion. Plus, if the obscuring area can be moved (e.g. Fog Cloud in the wind), it makes it easier to do so. If the darkness is more permanent, or if you are having issues accidentally selecting/moving the darkness source token, then sending it to the map layer might be a better option. Obviously, it's an extra step to delete it later in that case, so I'd just go with what works best for your situation.&nbsp; Another note since it sounds like you are a player: if you have some sort of ability to see in magical darkness (e.g. Truesight, blindfighting fighter style from Tasha's, or Devil's Sight warlock invocation), one option you may want to check out is my !radar script , which can give you a printout in chat of token locations within range even if your token sight is blocked by DL lines. DM will still have to move you if you are blocked in with a darkness grid, but it could give you a better idea of what's around you. Can also allow seeing into existing darkness if you are outside of it. Ah, good to know, thank you. (though I am a DM, not a player -- that abishai can now drop his magical darkness onto the players, attack with advantage, then hide as a bonus action, much to my satisfaction!) I'll probably stick with the token on the map layer, because I don't want to accidentally move it during combat. But if it proves to be unnecessarily cumbersome to switch to map layer, I'll start leaving it on the object layer.
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Ah yes, of course. I didn't read your comment closely enough (derp). Ok, but when you TPK the party, I don't want to get any hate mail ;)
David M. said: Ah yes, of course. I didn't read your comment closely enough (derp). Ok, but when you TPK the party, I don't want to get any hate mail ;)
Just popping in to say that my players already hate it when I drop that big magic darkness circle on them, and I've only used it twice in the campaign so far. So = job well done, darkness script! :)

Edited 1619133056
Hi David, very very nice script. Have been looking for this script for some time now. A few suggestions, if i may be so bold.&nbsp; - Could be cool if tokens inside the area would have there vision reduced to 0 ft. (i do that myself using TokenMod) - I also use the feature that makes DL line restrict movement (yes, my players are like that :)) ). That mean that I as the GM must move the players in and out of the darkness. Is it possible to make the DL lines restrict vision but not movement? - Integration of tokens with the ability to see in magical darkness to see trough the DL Darkness (those damn warlocks :) ) Thanks for a near perfect script
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Thanks for the feedback, Xeno!&nbsp; Re: token vision - this can be effectively accomplished by adding an interior grid to the darkness. !dldark &lt;buffer&gt; &lt;makeGrid&gt; &lt;sendToMapLayer&gt; For example, the following gives a 15px buffer radius and adds an interior grid on the dynamic lighting layer !dldark 15 true Re: restrict vision but not movement - The only way is to uncheck Restrict Movement on the page settings. That is a Roll20 limitation. Re: Devil's Sight - Again, another Roll20 limitation. A hacky workaround would be to drop transparent png token(s) (with a GM-only aura so you can see them), give it/them sight and controlled by the player. You could drop them within the darkness perimeter and/or on the other side of the area. I can't think of any other way.
David M. said: Thanks for the feedback, Xeno!&nbsp; Re: token vision - this can be effectively accomplished by adding an interior grid to the darkness. !dldark &lt;buffer&gt; &lt;makeGrid&gt; &lt;sendToMapLayer&gt; For example, the following gives a 15px buffer radius and adds an interior grid on the dynamic lighting layer !dldark 15 true Re: restrict vision but not movement - The only way is to uncheck Restrict Movement on the page settings. That is a Roll20 limitation. Re: Devil's Sight - Again, another Roll20 limitation. A hacky workaround would be to drop transparent png token(s) (with a GM-only aura so you can see them), give it/them sight and controlled by the player. You could drop them within the darkness perimeter and/or on the other side of the area. I can't think of any other way. Hi David, I'm not a APi scriptor and dont really understand the code, but i looked at other scripts i use and fx. it's a trap has a way of detecting when a token is pulled across a line on the DL layer and do a thing with that. My thought on this to make the DL circle on the DL layer your script makes, use the flip ability TokenMod makes to turn vision on/off. :) so everytime a token walks into the circle it looses sight and when it walk out it gains sight (automatic).&nbsp; The Aaron also makes a script Passwall where it somehow (magic?) makes it possible for a token to walk trough the wall but not see trough it. This could be a nice addition. :) Warlocks are a bit tricky - haven't figured that out yet :) but somehow it must be possible to make a script that ignores that DL circle completely. Again thanks for a great script and hope to see it evolve into a perfect script :) &nbsp;
I love the script, but it does not appear to be working.&nbsp; See my images below.&nbsp; The interior is not "blocking" lighting The lines drawn As seen by the Wight - interior lit, exterior hidden David M. said: Starting a new thread as the previous one was closed due to inactivity. (Initial post copied here for reference) This script was inspired by a "Stupid Trick" proposed by Avi: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5899495/stupid-roll20-tricks-and-some-clever-ones/?pageforid=8900893#post-8900893" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5899495/stupid-roll20-tricks-and-some-clever-ones/?pageforid=8900893#post-8900893</a> Avi represents magical darkness by drawing a grid within a circle on the DL layer. It blocks line of sight from both the exterior and the interior, without covering tokens on the object layer like a big black circle token does. Players controlling characters within the darkness will see only their token.&nbsp; Cool idea, Avi! Rather than drawing this manually every time, I thought this would be a good use of API scripting to automate. Also, it sounded like a fun first javascript project ever for me :) To use: Create a dummy character whose token has the desired size and image of the darkness generated (e.g. 20ft radius black circle) Add an Ability macro to call the new !dldark script and set as a token action Ideally used in conjunction with Token-mod to send the darkness token to the map layer (e.g.&nbsp;!token-mod --set layer|map) &nbsp;Added this functionality directly to !dldark So, drag it out and click a token action to summon your darkness. The script draws an approximated circle (stole a portion from TheAaron's !dlcircle script) on the DL layer of the same diameter as the token's width, and using the token's position. Additionally, interior gridlines are drawn within the circle to block LoS for those within the darkness. The entire drawing can be moved easily as one object by the GM if there is a need.&nbsp;Moving the darkness token to the map layer allows character tokens within the darkness to be seen clearly by the DM, while the player will only see his/her token. Note that if Restrict Movement is ON, then the GM will have to move character tokens in/out/within the darkness, but them's the breaks! Syntax: !dldark &lt; buffer &gt; &lt; makeGrid &gt; &lt; sendToMapLayer &gt; " buffer " &lt; # &gt; Optional. Default = 0 reduce the radius of the darkness by this many pixels. allows the source of the darkness to be seen at the outer border of the darkness. " makeGrid " &lt; true / false &gt; Optional. Default = true draw a grid inside of the darkness circle. the grid will be aligned with the map grid based on page settings " SendToMapLayer " &lt; true / false &gt; Optional. Default = true send the source token to the map layer after creating the DL path? if true, will send to map layer and perform a z-order "ToFront" if false, will keep on token layer and perform a z-order "ToBack" Example syntax: !dldark &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;makes darkness circle all the way to the token perimeter, sends source token to map layer !dldark 15 true &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;leaves a 15 pixel buffer before darkness starts, draws grid inside circle, sends source token to map layer !dldark ?{buffer radius?|15} true false &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;queries for darkness buffer, draws grid, source token remains on object layer De-linking syntax (v0.3 and later): &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; !dldarkclear token &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; unlinks selected token and corresponding dynamic lighting path (requires token selection)&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; !dldarkclear tok &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; (Alias) unlinks selected token and corresponding dynamic lighting path (requires token selection)&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; !dldarkclear page &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;unlinks all tokens and corresponding dynamic lighting paths from the current page (requires token selection)&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; !dldarkclear campaign &nbsp; &nbsp;unlinks all tokens and corresponding dynamic lighting paths from the ENTIRE CAMPAIGN (Use caution!) Versions v0.2 (one-click install) -- &nbsp;updates include (1) optional "buffer" that brings the radius of the darkness in a bit so players can see the edge of the effect causing the darkness, (2) interior grid optional , (3) automatically aligns the DL grid with the actual map grid (based on page settings), (4) supports gridless maps , and (5) gives the option whether or not to move the source token to the map layer . v0.3 (manual install for now) -- &nbsp; Darkness paths are now linked to the source token . When the token is moved, the darkness will follow automatically. If the token is deleted, the darkness path is automatically deleted as well. Added the optional !dldarkclear &nbsp;command, which will de-link the source token and darkness path for a selected token, entire page, or the entire campaign, depending on arguments passed to the command (see example syntax above). Full code can be found here: <a href="https://github.com/djmoorehead/roll20-api-scripts/tree/master/DL%20Darkness" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/djmoorehead/roll20-api-scripts/tree/master/DL%20Darkness</a> Some screenshots. First, the darkness token is dragged to the map (20ft radius, in this case) After the !dldark script is run, in both GM and player view modes.&nbsp; (Note, token-mod was used in the screenshots, too, so the darkness token is now on the map layer): &nbsp;Edited: token is now moved to map layer as part of !dldark script (optional). Here is the player view when inside of the darkness Animated gif (click to play). Cloudkill in a tavern. What could go wrong? This example also uses my&nbsp; Spawn &nbsp;script to create the source token prior to creating the darkness effect.
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
@Xeno, it looks like ItsATrap is only using DL paths to determine line of sight, not for collision detection. To use collision detection to determine if a token has moved into a zone of darkness, you would have to compare the current position with the previous position and see if it crossed a path on the DL layer. However if you have Restrict Movement set, then it seems like the player will not be able to move their token across that path for the two desired positions (current one in the darkness and previous one before entering the darkness) to be detected. This is because the&nbsp; change:graphic &nbsp;event only fires when the token is dropped into the new position, not when it is being dragged. Scripts can only respond to events that are exposed to the api. I still think Devil's sight is a Roll20 limitation. The mechanics of how vision works (all the ray tracing stuff happening behind the scenes) are not exposed to the api. We can't "turn off" walls only for certain tokens - it's all or nothing. The Passwall script is interesting, though UDL only and UDL is still going through revisions that may or may not eventually cause the exploit Aaron is using to break. If/when UDL is "finalized" I can look into this and see how easy it would be to apply to the more complicated shapes the darkness scripts creates. Thanks for the reference!
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Darryn, this is super weird. I'm assuming you are using UDL. I just tried it and it is working properly for LDL, but for UDL I am seeing the same results as you. UDL is being updated all the time, so something must have changed with how UDL is working for complex paths (where the drawing "pen" is lifted and another line is drawn). Circle+grid is a single path comprised of a continuous "circle" (approximated by many line segments), followed by a series of vert/horiz lines that are "disconnected" from the circle (i.e. the pen is lifted before drawing each line). My guess is that UDL is now only checking against the first continuous drawing (the "circle"), and ignoring the rest. Very frustrating. I'll put in a Help Desk Request, but for now it seems like that is going to be the functionality (or lack thereof). Arrg!

Edited 1619281132
Yes I am using UDL.&nbsp; &nbsp;As an interesting note, when I make this by hand and draw the "real" circle it seems to be working fine.&nbsp; Maybe they have fixed that (as IIRC circles never really worked well with DL) David M. said: Darryn, this is super weird. I'm assuming you are using UDL. I just tried it and it is working properly for LDL, but for UDL I am seeing the same results as you. UDL is being updated all the time, so something must have changed with how UDL is working for complex paths (where the drawing "pen" is lifted and another line is drawn). Circle+grid is a single path comprised of a continuous "circle" (approximated by many line segments), followed by a series of vert/horiz lines that are "disconnected" from the circle (i.e. the pen is lifted before drawing each line). My guess is that UDL is now only checking against the first continuous drawing (the "circle"), and ignoring the rest. Very frustrating. I'll put in a Help Desk Request, but for now it seems like that is going to be the functionality (or lack thereof). Arrg!

Edited 1619285335
David M. said: @Xeno, it looks like ItsATrap is only using DL paths to determine line of sight, not for collision detection. To use collision detection to determine if a token has moved into a zone of darkness, you would have to compare the current position with the previous position and see if it crossed a path on the DL layer. However if you have Restrict Movement set, then it seems like the player will not be able to move their token across that path for the two desired positions (current one in the darkness and previous one before entering the darkness) to be detected. This is because the&nbsp; change:graphic &nbsp;event only fires when the token is dropped into the new position, not when it is being dragged. Scripts can only respond to events that are exposed to the api. I still think Devil's sight is a Roll20 limitation. The mechanics of how vision works (all the ray tracing stuff happening behind the scenes) are not exposed to the api. We can't "turn off" walls only for certain tokens - it's all or nothing. The Passwall script is interesting, though UDL only and UDL is still going through revisions that may or may not eventually cause the exploit Aaron is using to break. If/when UDL is "finalized" I can look into this and see how easy it would be to apply to the more complicated shapes the darkness scripts creates. Thanks for the reference! Yea, you are right. "It's a trap" uses collision detection on the GMlayer not the DL layer. Maybe a solution or an idea for future update would be passwall-like ability on the circle on the DL Layer and then another circle on the GMlayer that detects collision and flip the vision on the token. Devil-sight is really tricky. The Aaron makes another script that makes you see trough wall UDLWindows, maybe its possible to make UDLwindows Token_ID specific. Make a shout out to The Aaron, he's brilliant and always seem willing to help out. thanks again.
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
I have a (somewhat unsatisfying) update for Darryn and others using this script with UDL and wanting to add the interior grid to the darkness region. I created a support ticket as soon as I learned of the problem. After a couple back and forth messages, here is where it stands: " Thank you for the additional information for our dev team's investigation. While we currently do not have an ETA on when this will be resolved, we do appreciate your patience. In the mean time, if there is anything else you might need assistance with in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out to us again." Sooo, it might get fixed sometime? Oh well, I'm sure the UDL dev team has a ton on their plate right now, and this should definitely take a back seat to the many glaring problems they are facing with the rapidly approaching sunset.
Thanks, at least they know about it now :) David M. said: I have a (somewhat unsatisfying) update for Darryn and others using this script with UDL and wanting to add the interior grid to the darkness region. I created a support ticket as soon as I learned of the problem. After a couple back and forth messages, here is where it stands: " Thank you for the additional information for our dev team's investigation. While we currently do not have an ETA on when this will be resolved, we do appreciate your patience. In the mean time, if there is anything else you might need assistance with in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out to us again." Sooo, it might get fixed sometime? Oh well, I'm sure the UDL dev team has a ton on their plate right now, and this should definitely take a back seat to the many glaring problems they are facing with the rapidly approaching sunset.
First of all, thanks for this great and handy script, it makes my GM life much easier when using 5e Darkness spells :D Am currently migrating my games to UDL and encountered same weird behavior as Darryn does, so fingers crossed it will be solved someday soon. In the meantime, If a token gets centered on a darkness, or it moves into such area, I toggle his token vision to off .&nbsp;
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Thanks Alessandro, I have the same hope! Meanwhile, if I can carve out a solid chunk of time (maybe starting in the next week or two?), I'll try to implement a coding solution to work around the current UDL limitations.