Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Purchase recommendations

Edited 1614081920
Hi all. I'm looking to get started with creating some dungeons using the tile sets. If you had 100$ what purchases would you make? Aside from a good tile set, what else would you buy to help bring your dungeons to life? Edit: forgot to add, I'm definitely looking for a set of symbols for things like secret/hidden doors, traps etc
Laerso Ramos
Marketplace Creator
Hello Harry,  I'm a market place creator, I have some assets in the style you are looking for You can check my marketplace page I would also recommend you checking Gabriel Prickard's and David Hemenway's stuff, they have some really good stuff there! Cheers
The MapHatter
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Hiya Harry. Since there's only one reply I might as well throw my hat in the ring. Packs of 144 Individual Modular Dungeon Tiles to build the ultimate Dungeon layout. $6.99 ea. Soloman Temple Squares - CITADEL | Roll20 Marketplace: Digital goods for online tabletop gaming Soloman Temple Squares - DUNGEON | Roll20 Marketplace: Digital goods for online tabletop gaming + 1 or 2 of these: $12.99 ea. Meanders Token Pack 2 - DUNGEON I | Roll20 Marketplace: Digital goods for online tabletop gaming Meanders Token Pack 5 - DUNGEON IV | Roll20 Marketplace: Digital goods for online tabletop gaming These would give you everything you need for between $19.98 and $39.96 depending how many you buy. Leaving $60.04 to get a ton more stuff. Kind Regards, Maphatter.
One tip I can give, is don't buy all at once. Work out what you need and then have a hunt through the market place to see what suits your vision.  Then have a look at what else that artist produces, particularly packs that go with the ones you like.  There is nothing worse than buying a load of tile packages and finding the artists have very different styles and you can't use them in the same game with out feeling that the change from one map to the next is jarring.  You might also want to consider outdoor areas and natural caves as well as more traditional dungeons.
Gold
Forum Champion
so many great options, but I am a massive fan of Gabriel Packard's maps (more-so the large premade maps that can be tiled just a few, not smaller build-your-own furniture pieces) Meditating Munky's Dan DiP..'s Patrick Von Raven's  all of their packs are made with Roll20 in mind, very useable, appropriate sizes and scales, re-usable, flexible, very nice colors.
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Gabriel Pickard has some beautiful tailorable maps.  All of this stuff is great.  That's what I use.  
Thanks for the replies all. Gabriel Pickard seems to be the bomb. I've bookmarked this and will indeed buy gradually.  The spell markers seem like a good investment and the animated ones seem like an enticing option, but they didn't seem to cover that many spells so I've plumped for Eugene's Workshop: Templates and assets for every 5E spell.
Gold
Forum Champion
Sounds like your group is in for some good times & great graphics! Plop a graphic (token/map) down onto your Tabletop.  Select that graphic object, press SHIFT Z. It's awesome and shows the graphic at full size in Lightbox mode in the middle. It force-shows it to all the players who are logged in. Use this to show-off the details of a token.
Both my games are D&D (Dark Sun AD&D 2nd Ed and 5th Ed D&D), I've found these great: (Note, maps are usually very detailed 100x100) Gabriel Pickard Save Vs. Cave Caverns 1 Gabriel Pickard Save Vs. Cave Caverns 2 Gabriel Pickard Save Vs. Cave: Giant Cavern Gabriel Pickard Save Vs. Cave Lava Cavern For both games we're looking to incorporate animated graphic packs for spell effects, traps and scenery - but I'm still trying to get that to work
For both games we're looking to incorporate animated graphic packs for spell effects, traps and scenery - but I'm still trying to get that to work Yeah the animated effects are intriguing but given the current tech roll20 uses I'd image it will kill some people's computers.
Patrick Von Raven
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Harry Wraith said: Hi all. I'm looking to get started with creating some dungeons using the tile sets. If you had 100$ what purchases would you make? Aside from a good tile set, what else would you buy to help bring your dungeons to life? Edit: forgot to add, I'm definitely looking for a set of symbols for things like secret/hidden doors, traps etc So many detailed maps, less than $1.00 USD a map!      Instant Dungeon Crawl