Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

SWRPG FFG Dice Roller and Destiny Tracker not functioning

Edited 1614143491
I am a pro account holder and I have been using the API-compatible character sheet for almost a year, and the dice roller and destiny tracker APIs. I'm not a coder or whatever what some lovely person who develops API scripts for rpgs is called, so the suggestions from the roll20 help bot start throwing terms at me that I do not at all understand. I tried opening a backup copy of the game, and that had the 'character sheet' tab of all character sheets completely removed. I tried making a new copy and that one is the same. The main game has a 'character sheet' tab, but none of the buttons function. I have absolutely zero idea what to do other than deleting the API scripts and adding them in again, which I have already attempted multiple times to no avail. I even tried rolling back the game.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Sam J. said: I tried opening a backup copy of the game, and that had the 'character sheet' tab of all character sheets completely removed. I tried making a new copy and that one is the same. The main game has a 'character sheet' tab, but none of the buttons function. I have absolutely zero idea what to do other than deleting the API scripts and adding them in again, which I have already attempted multiple times to no avail. I even tried rolling back the game. When you copy a game, you still need to specify the character sheet you are using.  If you forget to do so while making a copy, just go into the game settings (from the launch/details page) and specify the character sheet that game should be using. As far as the api goes, you should post any error messages you are getting (if any) in the api console.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You'll also need to add API scripts to copies of games as these also don't copy across by default. Ultimately Kraynic's call for any error messages found in the API console of your original game will help identify why the scripts may have stopped working.
Yeah so I’m aware that the API scripts have to be brought over separately on copies of games, and I did that. I wasn’t aware of the error code stuff so I’ll see what I can find. 
Kraynic said: Sam J. said: I tried opening a backup copy of the game, and that had the 'character sheet' tab of all character sheets completely removed. I tried making a new copy and that one is the same. The main game has a 'character sheet' tab, but none of the buttons function. I have absolutely zero idea what to do other than deleting the API scripts and adding them in again, which I have already attempted multiple times to no avail. I even tried rolling back the game. When you copy a game, you still need to specify the character sheet you are using.  If you forget to do so while making a copy, just go into the game settings (from the launch/details page) and specify the character sheet that game should be using. As far as the api goes, you should post any error messages you are getting (if any) in the api console. So the message that pops up on both APIs is ‘No existing sandbox found. Preparing sandbox to start game activity.’ The message is the same is the dice roller API and the destiny tracker API. I have no idea if that is correct or not. I assume no of course since it still isn’t working. 
timmaugh
Pro
API Scripter
That sounds like a Roll20 problem. Drop this code into a new script tab and name it something... maybe "SandboxTest". on('ready', () => { log('========== SANDBOX IS UP ==========') }); Then save the script. Your sandbox should reboot, and upon coming back up, that log statement should appear in the console. If it doesn't (and you've tried all of the steps of refreshing the page, disabling scripts, disabling browser plugins, etc.), you'll probably have to open a ticket with Roll20.