Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Rollable tables on the fly?

Is there any way to do a simple rollable table purely via chat commands? I would like to be able to do something along the lines of "/roll 1d4 [Bob|Carol|Ted|Alice]", without having to precode every possible combination of valid results as a table on the Collections page.
Alternatively, is there a way to randomly select one of an arbitrary number of selected tokens?
Using a modified version of skill check with text result you can. So for the example you gave it would be:- &{template:default} {{[0]}} {{[1]=Bob}} {{[[[1d2=1]]]=Carol}} {{[[[1d3=1]]]=Ted}} {{[[[1d4=1]]]=Alice}} {{[0]=Dynamic Roll Table Result}} This will give each option an equal weighting. Note that the rolls are using triple square brackets not double.
Boy, isn't that a kludge? Thanks, it works exactly as described, and I was able to puzzle out the logic that makes it work, but I wouldn't really want to be typing that in by hand every time I want to choose a random result from an ad-hoc text list. Looks like /roll 1d4 and just declaring the result table out loud is probably where I end up.
Yeah, it's not the neatest. If you need to consistently choose between 4 options you could replace the names with roll queries ?{Option1}, ?{Option2} and so on then save that as a macro. Then you'd be able to just fill in the options via the roll query prompts.