Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Is there a way to import a dynamic lighting boundary layer into Roll20?

I've been creating maps for my players using Procreate, but have recently decided to try and incorporate dynamic lighting onto these maps as well.  I have some cave-type maps for which using the polygon tool to create the lighting boundary layer would be a real challenge, however it would be really simple to create the boundary layer in Procreate.  Is there a way to import a dynamic lighting boundary layer into Roll20? Thanks!
This would require a pro account and the API. There are a couple of scripts that can do this one is walls  and the is universal vtt importer . The idea is you make SVG (in the case walls) file and use a third party converter have it approximate line corridantes and put those into the api script with your map selected. It then draws the lines for you. I have used the wall script it works very well but with any photoship or graphics editing software there can be a bit of a learning curve.
Bummer, I was hoping that there might be a simple way to upload an image of a boundary line and send that to the lighting layer to use as the boundary line instead of trying to draw it with the polygon tool! Oh well ... If I use R20 on my iPad I can draw the boundaries with my Apple Pencil, still cumbersome, but that way I don’t need to call the API. Thanks!