Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Witch Hunter 2nd Edition.

Hello, My friends and I are looking to start a Witch Hunter game, we are a bit new to the Virtual Tabletop space, Witch Hunter runs off a d10 system instead of a d20, can we still use the Roll20 tool? How would we modify it if so? Thanks.

Edited 1404763616
Gauss
Forum Champion
Roll20 is system agnostic, you can run just about anything on it (it is not just for d20 type games). While I am not familiar with the Witch Hunter game if you can run it at your kitchen table you can probably run it on Roll20. If you have specific questions regarding elements of your game feel free to ask.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
You can definitely use Roll20! Roll20 doesn't have prebuilt functionality for a particular game. The community does provide character sheets, but as a player/GM, you setup the rolls you want either by typing them in directly: /roll 2d10 or by creating macros, which are just a collection of commands you can run with a single instruction or button. There are lots of options for how to create rolls (see: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Dice_Reference" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Dice_Reference</a>). It looks like Witch Hunter uses exploding dice (max value is counted then rerolled) and a number of successes. Assuming your roll was 7d10, here is the formula for rolling with exploding dice ( ! after a dice expression) and counting successes as a number equal to or greater than 7 ( &gt; in this since is equal to or greater, which flubs up some of us... =D ) /roll {7d10!}&gt;7 Here's what that looks like in Roll20 (with 3 exploding 10s): And here it is with some failures: The maximum value of a die is always shown in Green, 1 is always shown in Red. You can also use the inline dice syntax: My check for hunting that witch: [[{7d10!}&gt;7]] which makes prettier macros. Here's what the result of that command looks like: The result of the expression is all that is displayed (4 in this case). Pointing to the box will show the full roll with results (10,8,8,7 were successes). The outline of the box will be Green if there was at least one max die value rolled, and Red if there was at least one 1 rolled. It is Blue if there was at least one 1 and one max die value (as in this case). Hope that helps!
Wow, thanks for the quick reply. Just trying to figure this out because we want to play with some out of town friends. Is there a particular resource I should look at for running a D10 game on Roll20?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
As Gauss said, Roll20 doesn't care what dice you use. (For your purposes, you can assume it's called Roll10! =D ) Probably you would do well to watch the videos and read the documents that Kristin and company are creating: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Roll20_Crash_Course" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Roll20_Crash_Course</a>

Edited 1405022850
Tom
Pro
Sheet Author
Hey Blu! This is Blu! (BluSponge, that is – I'm active on the Paradigm Forums and elsewhere.) My group has been playing WH2 over Roll20 since last November. The system works really well on the VTT – no need to make any sweeping changes to the die mechanic. Here is a link to our Character Journal instructions , where you can pretty much assemble all the mechanical bits to run your game on Roll20. Eventually I plan to make a wiki out of it, but until then... Happy to help with anything else you've got. I can share tokens, maps and aids. Just lemme know what you need.

Edited 1405002250
Tom
Pro
Sheet Author
To get you started, WH2 really only needs 3 dice macros to get you rolling: Skill Roll: /roll [[?{Dice Pool|1}+?{Modifier|0}]]d10!10&gt;7sd Specialized Roll: /roll [[?{Dice Pool|1}+?{Modifier|0}]]d10!10&gt;6sd Untrained Knowledge Roll: /roll [[?{Dice Pool|1}+?{Modifier|0}]]d10!10&gt;8sd Here's how they work: The player is prompted to put in his dice pool total (Skill+Ability; the default value here is 1), then any circumstantial modifiers to the roll (be sure to add a "-" to Penalties, as this prompt assumes a positive bonus). The system rolls a net total d10s against a difficulty threshold (7 is the default, 6 if you are specialized, 8 for trained knowledge rolls where the player lacks that knowledge). Results of 10 are rolled again. The results are sorted in descending order, which makes it VERY easy to track Complications (1s). Enjoy!
Wow, thanks a lot Tom! This will make a huge difference, I really look forward to using this system.