Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Death Save whisper not working... D&D 5E by Roll20

Edited 1615330269
Hi - for some reason calling the D&D 5E by Roll20 to whisper a death save is not working. It makes the roll as a whisper, but reports the success / fail publicly... any ideas on how to resolve this to all be whispered? Note that in the example below I clicked a player token to do it for them, but the same happened when they did it themselves...
That second part looks to be part of an API script, so it would need to be identified what script it is and adjusted from there.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That's all from the D&D 5th Edition by Roll20 Sheet, no API. The first part works because you are specifically calling the roll. The second part is likely obeying the whisper settings of the sheet, since it is automatically generated after the fact. I haven't tested though to see if the reports obey the sheet's whisper setting.
Sheet has a "Never whisper" setting on, which normally is what I want... but I thought that the /w gm call would override that. It does but only for the roll not the subsequent report. It would suck to need to change it manually. I guess I'll have to see whether I can toggle with ChatSetAttr...

Edited 1615398675
You could just substitute the macro that is generated when you click on the Death Save: /w gm &{template:simple} {{rname=^{death-save-u}}} {{mod=@{selected|death_save_bonus}}} {{r1=[[@{selected|d20}+@{selected|death_save_bonus}[MOD]@{selected|globalsavingthrowbonus}]]}} {{normal=1}} {{global=@{selected|global_save_mod}}} @{selected|charname_output} I realized that the 'success' showing has to be from a script (because it's not part of the character sheet roll -- this is what Koda meant above), so I'm guessing that you're using the 5th Edition OGL by Roll20 Companion script, which is what will automatically display Death Save successes and failures. I don't use the script myself, but I think this command will adjust the whisper settings for displaying Death Saves: !deathsavetracking quiet
keithcurtis said: That's all from the D&D 5th Edition by Roll20 Sheet, no API. The first part works because you are specifically calling the roll. The second part is likely obeying the whisper settings of the sheet, since it is automatically generated after the fact. I haven't tested though to see if the reports obey the sheet's whisper setting. I've never seen successes/fails reported. How do you enable that?
AH! I will look into that - thanks.
Thanks for pointing me to that Jarren - this is what I was after: !deathsavetracking player Sets it to whisper GM and the relevant player only.

Edited 1620189791
Arc
Pro
Hello, I have the opposite problem of this. It's showing the roll to everyone but the succeed or fail to only me the GM and the player.
Arc said: Hello, I have the opposite problem of this. It's showing the roll to everyone but the succeed or fail to only me the GM and the player. You didn't say how you want the rolls to display.  If you don't want them visible, I'm pretty sure you need to adjust the settings on the character sheet. If you want the success/failure to display for all players use this: !deathsavetracking on
Sorry, I want the roll and the succeed/failure message to only display to the player making the roll and the GM, while leaving Never Whisper Rolls selected. My screenshot is with it already set to this: !deathsavetracking player If it's not possible, that's ok, just could have sworn it was already working how I wanted a few days ago.
You can't do it directly from the sheet if you want "Never Whisper" on. You'd need to make a macro / ability. I use a global macro and set as a token action: /w gm %{selected|death_save} Just be sure to scroll down in the macro and make available to all players!