Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

My Map it's SOOOOOOOOO SMALL

Edited 1405285304
Hi i'm an italian player of D&D 3.5 edition and i want to show to you one of my creation xD If want this is the link come and see XD And tell me if you like Thank you very much <a href="https://app.roll20.nets/join/444078/QWSW1Q" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.nets/join/444078/QWSW1Q</a> It's a 100x100 castle map i still have to finish but i need to show it XD

Edited 1405014015
Hope you like it
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Very nice. :)
very nice! Did you create that entirely in Roll20? Or was the base layer created in another tool, then placed on the map layer?

Edited 1405103654
I created it entirely in roll20, thk This a new piece it's a druid camp under the castle This is the hunter camp in the north
The under part of the map
If want this is the link come and see XD And tell me if you like Thank you very much <a href="https://app.roll20.nets/join/444078/QWSW1Q" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.nets/join/444078/QWSW1Q</a>
thk to all for watching this an extra first level dungeon

Edited 1405252997
So now i wanna tell you the story behind the place i've created, make a seat and listen. (sry if my english is bad) There was once a beautiful kingdom, a good king and a fantastic queen, they ruled in peace and prosperity. From their love was born a beautiful baby girl. The little demonstrated to possess all the qualities to become a great queen: was smart, beautiful, wise, and also a great strategist. So his father, the king, hoping for a great dynasty decided to gather the strongest warriors of the region and proposed them to his incredible daughter, the princess. But none of them was worthy to stand in front of her so they were all rejected. And this is where the story gets complicated. The king worried that she thought her daughter was not so incredible; moreover, not all donuts come with the hole. He decided to gather all the princesses in the region belief to satisfy the tastes of her daughter but did not. The king returned to his brooding tower praying that someone would save him from that burdensome problem. Shortly after the beautiful princess fell in love with a "great" defender known for his skill with the sword and his pure soul. The problem of the paladin was another, it was a gnome. Paladin of Gond had served the god for many years but finding the love let him to put aside the short sword and buckler, and tried to raise a family. Presented at court the couple aroused the anger of the king and queen who obviously could not accept the "great" couple; so they were divided: the princess in a tower and the paladin in the dungeons. After a year of harsh imprisonment paladin had not received any help from his god, who continued to refuse his requests, he did one last desperate appeal: "Gond I have served for years, grant me the strength to escape and let me go away from this place" But nothing, he got no answer, in a fit of rage; he started to invoke one by one all the evil gods who in previous years he had fought but again no answer. Moreover you imagine a meeting between Bane and Shar: Bane: What did you do today lady of the shadows. Shar: A new acolyte has joined the cause, he is "big" and its power is great. Bane: Well, and who is he? Shar: A gnome who served as a holy warrior god gond, now serves me. Bane: I'll take the piss out of the whole life, know this. And so the gnome was invested by a new rage and immense pain, now black guard, chose the name "Without God" and he escaped from his prison slaughtering all the people in the palace and in the city, but only after discovering that now the his beloved had fled long ago. She unable to bear the pain for the loss she had run away in search of a power to free his beloved. What will happen in the next episode, the Princess; will she tried to free her beloved?

Edited 1405285332
Changed a few thing: A new cemetery Few new monter in the castle Vemon fog in some of the house Wood sign Changed the river inside the castle Rate and comment plz
The different biomes in one map, reminds me of Heroes of Might and Magic. How long did it take you to put all this together? Was it hard?
Michail M. said: The different biomes in one map, reminds me of Heroes of Might and Magic. How long did it take you to put all this together? Was it hard? One week for the actual state, it was hard? Yes and no; i have created some drawing before putting all together, but it was simple you need only patience. I will begin a new map a dungeon 60x60 or more XD we will se soon
One thing, though: Railroading comes to mind. When railroading becomes too obvious, the players may start to feel trapped against their will, in a path that only has two directions. Usually you can subtly railroad the players across the overworld map through giving them motivations. You can give them a huge grass field to cross (which is how a natural overworld can look) giving them a sense of freedom. In order to get them walking in a sensibly straight line from point A to point B, you can instead give them a motivation - a reason - to get there. There are some very rare players who would rather go off to start a farm than go on your adventure, but these players should end up getting kicked from the group. What I'm saying is that your overworld resembles a labyrinth, which is pretty unnatural.
Michail M. said: One thing, though: Railroading comes to mind. When railroading becomes too obvious, the players may start to feel trapped against their will, in a path that only has two directions. Usually you can subtly railroad the players across the overworld map through giving them motivations. You can give them a huge grass field to cross (which is how a natural overworld can look) giving them a sense of freedom. In order to get them walking in a sensibly straight line from point A to point B, you can instead give them a motivation - a reason - to get there. There are some very rare players who would rather go off to start a farm than go on your adventure, but these players should end up getting kicked from the group. What I'm saying is that your overworld resembles a labyrinth, which is pretty unnatural. That a good one i never thinked about, you're right, i have cut come some tree and make a more open zone some area, it's an open world map
Edit: i've cutted some of the tree now i think it feels more open more wolrd themed still need to improve

Edited 1405352276
Dungeon Lv 2° The map need to be filled a little but it's fine for now
The work progress and we are now at this step, the prison it's still there but added a few thing Here begins the vampire domain, as you can see he have a little pet an evil spider that control this area. The spider blocked the entrance with his web so it's will be more easy for him to find and trap someone. There you can see the vampire inner circle. On the top left we have the ancient grave where the vampire with his crew stayed before the caos on the castle. So when we woke up he decided to create a fighting club, he picked up every adventurer that pass through the castle and puted them inside cages ,through blood and pain he controls them and every day he organizes an arena. rate and comment plz remember still need to be finished
If you're ever going to GM this game, shouldn't you keep these things a secret? If you're showing off the whole map here, what is there left to explore for them?
Michail M. said: If you're ever going to GM this game, shouldn't you keep these things a secret? If you're showing off the whole map here, what is there left to explore for them? i know it this a map some of them are just sample or idea for what i want to create

Edited 1405542741
Few days from my last post so i'll show my work totaly reworked the doom forest in the castle map, now as you can see i'm creating a few farm First level dungeon totaly changed it feels more mage palace lite i was thinking e Finished the 2 second level so now you can see it And i'll change my main page and i'll put the second level dungeon More zoomed image tommorw
Farm 1 Farm 2 Farm 3 Complete Map It's too big i cant let you see all the stuff xD it's the lower part