Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Roll20 Cypher System Character Sheet and Initiative

Hello, I'm finally converting my Numenera game from the ancient tabbed sheet to the more recent one created by Roll20. So far it seems great, except that training/specializing in the "initiative" skill isn't added to the initiative total for the turn tracker. The old sheet did this automatically. Is there a way to make this one do the same? It's obviously not a huge burden to manually adjust it, but I'm digging all the automation built into this sheet. Thanks!
I would like to know as well!
Hi Both, I'm not sure why this is the case, but we can certainly look into resolving it. I'll create a ticket to go back and look at this functionality.  Thanks for the report!
Hello, thanks for looking into this issue. I was wondering if there are any updates?
Hi Eta, Sorry, I should have updated this thread earlier this week. We pushed a change to the Cypher System sheet that will hopefully address the issue you were seeing, and also that generally improved the infrastructure of that sheet. I'd love to hear any feedback you might have on the functionality, so we can pass that back to the developer. Thanks!
Hello, is there a changelog somewhere? I'm not sure if I'm using the updated sheets, but it appears the initiative tracker is still not adding training/specialization to the total result. I really appreciate you looking into this. Thanks!
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Usually sheet changes don't go live on Roll20 until sometime on Tuesdays.  Probably just to give them Mondays for putting out fires that started on the weekend...

Edited 1621271219
Nic B.
Roll20 Team
Hi Eta, This should be live, and indeed it works on my end: (This is a gif, you may need to click to view). Some things worth checking: Are you using the Cypher System by Roll20 sheet? Did you choose an initiative option in the settings available via the Cogwheel? Do you have a token selected when rolling? And these changes were documented in the Release Notes for May 13th. Let me know if you're still struggling and I can take a closer look for you :)
Ah, I did not see that there was an option to switch over in the sheet settings. Is that new or was I just blind this whole time? Either way, it's working great for me now. Thank you!
Completely new! We added it on the basis of your suggestion to the update last week. Let me know if you encounter any issues. Happy gaming!