Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

How do i get a random number from a rollable table?

Hi! I have sucessfully made a random enconter from the rollable tables tab! Now i want to be able to have a random number generate how many monsters for the selected roll appear in the chat window. How do i do this?
It sounds like you want something like: /r [[2d6]]t[monster-table] where "monster-table" is the name of your table.
Ok thats sounds good where do i put the script?

Edited 1405107506
Brian, you could either create a macro using the roll (see the wiki for more information on creating macros) or you can type /r [[2d6]]t[monster-table] right into the chat box for a one time roll. Make sure to replace "monster-table" with whatever you named your own rollable table.
Ok i tried that script but its not doing what i want. I want a random number of how many after the random monster is picked from the list

Edited 1405114661
You could write something like: /r [[2d6]] [[1t[monster-table]]] would roll 2d6 and then roll ones on your random monster table. The results might say "7 Goblins" if you rolled a 7 with your 2d6 and rolled whatever number was attached to the goblins for the table. Alternately, you could create a macro with two lines: [[1t[monster-table]]] [[2d6]] Which would roll on the table first and then roll the random number second, if that's how you prefer to see it structured.
Thank you Sara! The 2nd script works perfectly!
Glad we could help!