Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Text boxes not working after update

If I click a text box to move or edit it in any way then it becomes sticky, changing position each time I click anywhere else in the interface. I can then no longer interact with anything at all as any click just causes my cursor to ping and the text box to appear under it again. I had to delete the text from my landing pages in order to be able to play.
Same problem here. working on gm layer with text box seems to put cursor in drag mode without ever exiting. Tried on different browser and computer, same thing. 
Same here and I can't even draw dynamic lighting lines. I tried three different browsers.
Same issue in my games. Have to refresh to escape the sticky hell.
Gold
Forum Champion
Please report to Help Center link at the top, The Bugs forum has been going unanswered quite often lately by Roll20 Team.  Good luck!
Hi, same issue here, in some maps works in other maps doesnt... I tried to create a new one and also has the issue. Everything since yesterday...
I hope this gets fixed soon! I like to write notes to myself on the DM's layer, and having everything get sticky and being unable to select anything is very frustrating. 
Gold said: Please report to Help Center link at the top, The Bugs forum has been going unanswered quite often lately by Roll20 Team.  Good luck! Thanks, request ticket sent.
Gold said: Please report to Help Center link at the top, The Bugs forum has been going unanswered quite often lately by Roll20 Team.  Good luck! Thanks for the info, but that's unacceptable. If I operated like that I would have no clients.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Grand DM said: Thanks for the info, but that's unacceptable. If I operated like that I would have no clients. My understanding (which may not be fully correct) is that their support team hasn't grown as fast as the number of clients during the current world situation.  They have basically fallen back to answering tickets (that get generated through the Help Center) first, and then following up stuff on the forums if they have time.  There are some issues on the forums that get checked on more frequently, because they are specific things that certain parts of the dev team work on (like the 5E sheet thread, the UDL thread, etc.).  Unacceptable or not, they have to work with what they have, and that is the way things are at the moment.
Kraynic said: Grand DM said: Thanks for the info, but that's unacceptable. If I operated like that I would have no clients. My understanding (which may not be fully correct) is that their support team hasn't grown as fast as the number of clients during the current world situation.  They have basically fallen back to answering tickets (that get generated through the Help Center) first, and then following up stuff on the forums if they have time.  There are some issues on the forums that get checked on more frequently, because they are specific things that certain parts of the dev team work on (like the 5E sheet thread, the UDL thread, etc.).  Unacceptable or not, they have to work with what they have, and that is the way things are at the moment. That's all well and good, but a simple, "We're looking into it" would do for just about everyone. They have folks haunting these forums, I don't think that is asking too much.
This particular issue, has, in fact, been fixed now! :) At least it was announced to have been fixed in a couple of other threads (including the Updated Dynamic Lighting feedback thread, as this was a bug had to do with the interaction between textboxes and Updated Dynamic Lighting), and the problem has gone away in my game. If it persists for you (after refreshing your browser, etc.), please report it.