Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

having music when opening a handout

hello all i was wondering if there is a way to add sound or sound xf to a handout when a player opens up a hand out or is there nothing for that yet  i have all the api installed that should let me do that but i have no idea on how if it's possible i would love to know how     any ideas???
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I can't really think of a way to do that.  There are no events that the API can get for when a player opens a handout (or a character, for that matter).
well that sucks would be cool if you open up a handout for an inn or something and have a voice over welcoming them to the inn and what not oh well that's a shame
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You could put a macro button at the top of the handout that calls a Roll20AM audio command. But that would require manual clicking.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Also, if you put the list of handouts into a  Chat Menu , so that they are opened that way, instead of opening from the journal, you could include an audio command in the macros. I think. I'd have to test...
it would be awsome if we could