Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Map Only Visible below 50% zoom

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but it's happening for all our players. There's a map image on the map layer. However, for some reason it only displays if the zoom level is set at 50% or below. At 100% the map does not display. If you switch the zoom level to 50% or below, the map blinks into existence, and everybody can see it. If you zoom up to (say) 60%, the map blinks and disappears, showing only the gray tabletop background. Has anyone experienced this before?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Similar if not identical. Try adding a square or two of margin around the map, so that it is not touching the edges of the VTT. You can make the background black to make it less jarring. I have found that addresses a number of zoom oddities.
Thanks Keith - no luck with those ideas. Will have to just go with it on this one. First time it's happened to me, so hopefully it'll be the last.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Here's my best guess, if you still want to try investigating. Roll20 stores uploaded graphics at a variety of sizes for better performance. My guess is that one of the sizes got corrupted in the upload, meaning you aren't served the graphic at that particular size. You could try deleting and re-uploading the map image.
Woo thanks Keith -- that's something to try.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ha! Let me know if it actually works!