Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Nested Drop/Keep, is it possible?

Edited 1405339455
I've got a question... i'm trying to set up a macro for a skill that will compare 2 stats and use the highest, then compare that result to a cap and keep the lowest but I'm not sure if this is even actually possible with roll20... i've tried a couple different methods with no luck and thought if it is possible, perhaps someone else would know the formatting that seems to elude me. to put it simply i'm trying to get a formula that would function as follows if such a function is even possible. ?d8+{{@{casterlevel},@{healranks}}kh1,10}dh1 it's for use with healing spells while under the effects of Healing Lorecall since the spell allows the target to subsitute their ranks in heal with their casterlevel when casting healing spell, and the caster in question has had Healing Lorecall permanencied on them... basicly if healranks is higher than casterlevel it should use healranks, otherwise use casterlevel; and then compare that result to the spells cap and use the lower result of the 2

Edited 1405361176
Gauss
Forum Champion
This should work: ?d8+{[[{@{casterlevel},@{healranks}}kh1]],10}dh1 alternately this should work: ?d8+{{@{casterlevel},@{healranks}}kh1,10+0d0}dh1
Thankyou so much, the second one is perfect... we've been using primarily in-line rolls on all our macros to avoid cluttering the chat window, so the first one you posted wasn't exactly usable... it never occured to me to add a 0d0 to the 10... didn't think it would be nessisary tbh since there are no dice rolls involved in determining casterlevel or healranks... no math for that matter even... i guess it considers the result of drop/keep to be a dice roll or something...
Gauss
Forum Champion
No problem. If you have other questions feel free to ask.