Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Replace the shortcut "delete" button from the Page Toolbar

Edited 1621455286
Hi, I do not think the "delete" button in the page toolbar for pages is particularly useful, I rarely delete pages and I imagine other GMs will be the same. I think the shortcut should be replaced with the "archive" function instead as this is used far more frequently. There should be a toggle option in the settings to make the button either delete or archive. Thank you
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
I delete all the time (definitely more often than archive).  I have a Map Library game that holds everything I'm not currently using.  I use the transmogrifier to send a currently unneeded map there, and delete the one in the active game.  It helps the games load faster (archiving doesn't remove the data from the game), and helps me limit the map pages to a number that is easy to manage. Obviously this will vary from person to person (and probably depend on account level), but archiving maps is something I very rarely do.
Good to know someone uses it :) I guess it does depend on type of game and performance, so an option to toggle would be better to suit everyone. I run a D&D campaign and I am constantly switching between maps and revisiting maps that I have archived depending on what the players want to do. Maps are stored on my hard drive but a lot of them have different components and tokens with npc notes and such so deleting them is not convenient . I haven't noticed any performance issues and I have a large number of maps, I will look out for it though as the game grows. At any rate lets go for a toggle option then!
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .