Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

ALIEN RPG "Push the Roll Makro"

Hey Players and GM, i wonder if it is possible to write a makro which allow it to reroll a ALIEN Skill Roll in form of a "pushed roll". In ALIEN RPG you have BASE and STRESS Dice Pools you roll... Eben you push a roll you can reroll all dices (d6) except  the ones that showed up a natural 6. Eben you Push the Roll your Stress Level increases by one too. Ist there a solution known by now? Greetings, Chris.

Edited 1621085223
David
Sheet Author
There is no way to increase the stress with a macro.  There is no way of pulling of the number of Base dice and Stress that succeeded  from the original roll. The best you can do is have a macro that askes from the number of Base Dice used in the original roll  - successes l and  the Number of Stress Dice used in the original skill roll -  successes. e.g. &{template:alien} {{character-name=}} {{roll-name=Push Roll }} {{base-dice=[[?{Base Dice|0}]] }} {{base-roll-one=[[1d6]] }} {{base-roll-two=[[1d6]] }} {{base-roll-three=[[1d6]] }} {{base-roll-four=[[1d6]] }} {{base-roll-five=[[1d6]] }}  {{base-roll-six=[[1d6]] }} {{base-roll-seven=[[1d6]] }} {{base-roll-eight=[[1d6]] }} {{base-roll-nine=[[1d6]] }} {{base-roll-ten=[[1d6]] }} {{base-roll-eleven=[[1d6]] }} {{base-roll-twelve=[[1d6]] }} {{base-roll-thirteen=[[1d6]] }} {{base-roll-fourteen=[[1d6]] }} {{base-roll-fifteen=[[1d6]] }} {{base-roll-sixteen=[[1d6]] }} {{base-roll-seventeen=[[1d6]] }} {{base-roll-eighteen=[[1d6]] }}  {{stress-dice=[[?{Stress Dice|0}+1]]}} {{stress-roll-one=[[1d6]] }} {{stress-roll-two=[[1d6]] }} {{stress-roll-three=[[1d6]] }} {{stress-roll-four=[[1d6]] }} {{stress-roll-five=[[1d6]] }} {{stress-roll-six=[[1d6]] }} {{stress-roll-seven=[[1d6]] }} {{stress-roll-eight=[[1d6]] }} {{stress-roll-nine=[[1d6]] }} {{stress-roll-ten=[[1d6]] }} 
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
If your GM has a Pro account, here is a scriptcard example that rolls both dice types and does the comparison math for you. Just above the linked post is another approach for free/plus accounts.
David M. said: If your GM has a Pro account, here is a scriptcard example that rolls both dice types and does the comparison math for you. Just above the linked post is another approach for free/plus accounts. Hey David thank you for your Makro Script i implented it in the game and i am sure it will do a nice job in the sessions. To David M, i tryed to get your makro up on the API console, but it sends me the following error. What have i do to make it work?

Edited 1621200340
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Chris, the code I posted is macro code, not a standalone api script. It utilizes the  Scriptcards  api script, which has it's own parsing syntax and can allow variable declaration and conditional logic, among many other things. You would first need to install Scriptcards as an api script (I recommend grabbing the latest one and manually installing, as the one-click is currently behind). Then, the code I posted can be put into a macro or character ability. Finally, it relies on two rollable tables to be created, named AlienD6 and AlienStressD6. Add six entries to each table, with the numeric (1-6) value of the die and a corresponding image. Since I don't actually own or play the game (I made the macro for another user), I made a set of die images on my own, which are included below (apparently in a random order when you batch upload to the forum!) in case you want to import them into your library. If the game already comes with rollable tables, you can change the table names in the RollBase and RollStress functions in the code I posted.                
Thy, David i got it. 
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Sweet!