Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

API Script ColorNote (With Working Inline Roll ?)

Edited 1621433362
Hello everyone o/ I'm sorry for the inconvenience, i come back here for the ColorNote Script fixed by Aaron . I asked 2 year Ago for a fixe (The Fixe work really Fine !) [ Link to the Request & Script ] Since 3/4 Week I try to build up a new project where I often roll Initiative. I wanted to use this script for custom the "Initiative" Roll of each player. The idea seem really pretty because like that every init roll get the player color o/ But until now I had not tried to roll dice inline with the note command. So I only realized it today! D: Every time a roll is performed after !note. The roll is "Hidden" and replaced by $[[0]]. (then impossible to check the content of the roll...) (Here a Gif for show you the problem, and here a link if the gif do not load) For me it's a bug, but I don't know if it was in the functionality of the script to be able to roll inline or not D: So I come to ask you if it is possible to add this possibility? If it is not possible I will understand. In any case I thank you for your time!
timmaugh
Pro
API Scripter
Hey, DamonReborn... Short of modifying that script, if you just need the value of the roll, you can use ZeroFrame to extract it: !note [[5d6]].value Will that do, or do you need to see the roll with the pop-up tool tip that shows the individual dice?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Also, I updated the script to support inline rolls:&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href="https://github.com/shdwjk/Roll20API/blob/master/ColorNote/ColorNote.js" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/shdwjk/Roll20API/blob/master/ColorNote/ColorNote.js</a> Update v0.2.4 -- Added support for inline rolls (Thanks&nbsp; DamonReborn )

Edited 1621455772
timmaugh said: Hey, DamonReborn... Short of modifying that script, if you just need the value of the roll, you can use ZeroFrame to extract it: !note [[5d6]].value Will that do, or do you need to see the roll with the pop-up tool tip that shows the individual dice? I need to see the roll in the pop like with every roll we do inline for check the number of exploded dice (d6 exploding on 6). Then just extract the value with with ZeroFrame is not enough :C But thank you for the Speaking of this Mod. it's seem useful xD The Aaron said: Also, I updated the script to support inline rolls:&nbsp;&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/shdwjk/Roll20API/blob/master/ColorNote/ColorNote.js" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/shdwjk/Roll20API/blob/master/ColorNote/ColorNote.js</a> Update v0.2.4 -- Added support for inline rolls (Thanks&nbsp; DamonReborn ) Thank you very much it's work o/ But is it normal that there is no pop up and that there is only the total result? D: Now i can see the result, that better ! But we can't have the same as when we use an inline roll in /em ? It's fixe the number but It's not ease to see if a roll is a critical or if the player entered a good modifier without that pop up :/ Edit: I think I call that /em, but it's probably /me xD but it's the same... Just a mistake
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Sounds like a good idea!&nbsp; I just pushed an updated version, grab it again from the above link, then install Tim's very excellent libInline script from the 1-click and it will use that for formatting the dice rolls:

Edited 1621486440
Hmmm, excuse me in case I have missed a point. I'm not sure but I think the code for ColorNote that I grab from the above link is the ColorNote 2.4 (It's say last updated 13hour ago(Should probably say something like 6 or 5 Hours Ago in my mind). And when I use it with libInline, I do not get the inline pop up . D: edit: Sorry for the Answer Time, Just got Catched by my bed in the process. But it's fine now the troublemaker is now under control.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Ah, weird... somehow I managed not to push it up.&nbsp; It's up there now, I just verified it!&nbsp; Sorry for the trouble!
It's work o/ And no problem ! &nbsp; That already sweet of you to give your help :D ! Thank you very much&nbsp;&nbsp;°v°)/
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Cool.&nbsp; No problem!