Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Death Save Issue

Edited 1621625474
I have 6 characters in my new game. I create a macro for all the characters but clicking on the D&D 5e OGL sheet text death save. Pressing up arrow in the chat and copy paste the code into a macro and set as a token action. However 2 of the characters roll the death save but don't record the success and fail on the character sheet like the others. Not working code and screen shot.  @{Moreni |wtype}&{template:simple} {{rname=^{death-save-u}}} {{mod=@{Moreni |death_save_bonus}}} {{r1=[[@{Moreni |d20}+@{Moreni |death_save_bonus}[MOD]@{Moreni |globalsavingthrowbonus}]]}} {{normal=1}} {{global=@{Moreni |global_save_mod}}} @{Moreni |charname_output} Working code and screenshot.  @{Scratch|wtype}&{template:simple} {{rname=^{death-save-u}}} {{mod=@{Scratch|death_save_bonus}}} {{r1=[[@{Scratch|d20}+@{Scratch|death_save_bonus}[MOD]@{Scratch|globalsavingthrowbonus}]]}} {{normal=1}} {{global=@{Scratch|global_save_mod}}} @{Scratch|charname_output} I check the option for each characters and they are the same.  Craven.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Instead of making your token action macro the actual macro text, simply make your token action macro a call to the death save button: %{selected|death_save}
Scott C. said: Instead of making your token action macro the actual macro text, simply make your token action macro a call to the death save button: %{selected|death_save} That just makes the roll. That doesn't update the sheet with success or fail.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Macros in and of themselves can't update the character sheet...do you have an API script that may need to be incorporated into the macro?
It looks like the character Moreni has a space at the end of their name, making their attribute calls look like @{Moreni |wtype} Idk if that's affecting it, but it could be for some reason. Try getting rid of that extra space in their name, then click their death save button to see if that worked.
The macro is from the roll20 sheet not something I made. when you click on "death save" it runs and you can press up arrow in chat to get the code. There for it should work as I described but for the 2 characters it doesn't even off the sheet. 
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I'd follow Persephone's advice. That is likely what is going wrong.
Nothing in that macro code is connected to the success/fail reporting. All it creates is the roll itself. An API is being used for the reporting. I'm not familiar with it myself, but maybe it has to be manually enabled on the sheets?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
For those mentioning to look into the API script side. The 5e sheet uses a companion script which takes information provided in the roll to automate these things. The problem here is not the API script, but the information that is being provided in the roll, likely due to a faulty attribute call as Persephone suggested.
There was a space at the end of her name but that didn't fix it and the other character didn't have a space. I start to make a new character with the same stats, no items and same issue.