Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Door Knocker v1.212 potential features(?)

So I just discovered the Door Knocker API by Scott C. In a word, "Amazing" Curious, though, how possible it is to tie this in with It's A Trap? It can sometimes be a little satisfying as a DM to watch a character run around and open all the doors only to trigger a trap, themselves, just by opening the door. Any thoughts? Also, if there were some way/command that would change a hidden door (line color) to an unlocked door (or just door). In my ignorance, I've no idea if the API actually selects the line dynamic lighting layer to move it to and from the map layer or if it does it some other way, but it would be useful. Granted, it's definitely a convenience "save me 7 clicks" kind of thing. Just wanted to throw these at the wall to see what sticks. Also-also, while I use these door images to show players where the top-down-view doors are (and combine them with It's A Trap to map-layer them when they discover secret doors), am I correct in assuming that it would require something like a transparent token with highlight on the token layer, or a semi-transparent image on the map layer to, instead, show something of a semicircle where a character can plainly see a door? (i.e. center a 0' radius aura token on the door so half of it shows on either side) -Agnati
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
I suggest you repost your comment in the latest Door Knocker thread <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9919591/door-knocker-v1-dot-211-windows/?pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9919591/door-knocker-v1-dot-211-windows/?pagenum=1</a>
Very true. Thank you. I had read through that but saw the top post was 2+ months old and assumed it was locked like the rest. I'll move it there. Any mods reading this can feel free to delete this thread. Thanks again! -Agnati