Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

After Module updates all players lost their macros?

Why would they be overwritten like this? The Rollback feature also did nothing.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You'd be best submitting a ticket , including as much detail as you can (game, module, sheet as a minimum I'd reckon). Out of curiosity, do the affected players sheets share a name with module created characters/sheets?
Ziechael said: You'd be best submitting a ticket , including as much detail as you can (game, module, sheet as a minimum I'd reckon). Out of curiosity, do the affected players sheets share a name with module created characters/sheets? They do not. I was prompted to update the modules, which in turn just wiped away all our macros.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Also (and this won't fix your problem, but it might help diagnose what went wrong) when you say "macros", do you mean macros in the Collections tab, or Abilities (macros written on individual character sheets)?
Interested in a solution, or explanation, since I had the same problem and found no solution, other than implement them all new, from scratch.  @keithcurtis: In my case it was all the macros from the collections Tab, those in the sheets (Abilities) were all intact, the other were just gone.
Exporting a character from my vault that had a bunch of macros saved. In the game exported to, the macros did not show up. Sounds like a similar problem, if not the same. When trying to recrate my macros (I have them all in a file), none of them are working. They use the pf_attack and pf_generic templates. If I strip out the use of the templates, they work. Using the Pathfinder Community Sheet, if that makes a difference.
keithcurtis said: Also (and this won't fix your problem, but it might help diagnose what went wrong) when you say "macros", do you mean macros in the Collections tab, or Abilities (macros written on individual character sheets)? Hello, these were dozens of macros in the Collections tab. Some of the players did a great deal of work creating them. So what we are left with is fear of updating the products we have spent money on. Which to be honest, is ridiculous. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That is frustrating and non-normal behavior. Have you followed Ziechael's advice above and filed a  Help Center Request ? Again, this won't help the current situation (sorry), but my advice this year has been to make a backup copy of any game that requires a patch. It shouldn't need to be a step, but it protects you from situations like this.
keithcurtis said: That is frustrating and non-normal behavior. Have you followed Ziechael's advice above and filed a  Help Center Request ? Again, this won't help the current situation (sorry), but my advice this year has been to make a backup copy of any game that requires a patch. It shouldn't need to be a step, but it protects you from situations like this. Yep, support got back to me and said there was nothing they can do. I was given one month of pro as a credit, which honestly I could care less about. Running several busy campaigns and having spent hundreds on Roll20 assets, this is just an unacceptable solution. So now I have to back-up my campaigns to install updates from Roll20 on fear they may nuke something? So when they do, now what? I just stop updating things I paid for? 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I have seen plenty of anecdotal cases of data loss or changing through updates, but haven't yet been able to reproduce them personally, despite rigorous tests. I have personally lost several months of work on a campaign from a different glitch that destroyed info and was unrecoverable. I do make regular backup copies of my main campaign, to hedge against this, and for general archival purposes (they cost nothing to create), but I wholeheartedly agree that this is aggravating and should not happen.
Most disturbing to me is being told there is nothing that can be done by support. Not even a "we are looking into a solution" was offered.