Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Help] [SpawnDefaultToken] Spawning in character with light shows radius, not directional.

Hi there, I'm trying to get my head around macros. I friggin' hate scripting and programming so please bear with me :) I'm using the SpawnDefaultToken Macro to summon a directional Flashlight the player can use. I've set up the Flashlight as a character, set the token Bright Light and Low Light Emit values and directional values, and when I drag and drop onto a map, it works perfect. I've created a summon macro for the flashlight and added it as a token action. That summons the flashlight to the player. Also perfect. However, whenever I summon the flashlight, it spawns it with a full radius of light, instead of the direction. When I inspect the token's light settings, they're set correctly. This is the macro as written: !Spawn{{ --name|flashlight --offset|0,0 }} Do I need to add the light command when summoning? I wouldn't think so because there's no direction parameter, but obviously happy to be corrected. Thanks :)
I'll add that I'm using the Carbon 2185 character sheet.
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Funky, this appears to be yet another UDL bug. I just tested and verified your observations. In UDL you also seem to have to "wiggle" the flashlight token to even make it emit any light at all. Note that if you open the token settings and click "Save Settings", the appropriate light is displayed on the map. I don't think there is anything I can do about this, as obviously the settings are set correctly by the script. Very irritating - hopefully UDL will get figured out soon. I'm still an LDL holdout, and they're going to have to pry it from my cold, dead hands.
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
FYI, I added a post describing this behavior to the UDL bug thread. Fingers crossed!
Thanks David!
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Hey Funky, not sure if you've checked out the new UDL Dynamic Lighting portal, but it looks like this bug is in the " Bugs in Progress " category as of this moment! This appears to be an upgrade from the "Bugs in Queue" group, so hopefully we'll see progress on the Dev server soon!