Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Scripts from GitHub

Hi, relatively new user to the API and scripts in general here. I tried to install Tongues from the Github links I could find in the forums, copied and pasted the code, followed Nick Olivos video and everything... but when I am in game and type any of the script commands, nothing happens. The one click install scripts i have work fine, so I am wondering if I'm missing a key step
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Where did you paste the code? and which code file did you paste from github?
I’ve never been able to get the Tongues script to work reliably. I think there’s an error somewhere in the code that doesn’t read the GM Notes correctly or something. 
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Also, be sure you have the game open as well as the API scripts page when you're getting scripts running.  The API Sandbox won't start if there isn't someone in the game proper.
<a href="https://github.com/sarkamist/Tongues-Script/blob/master/4.5.3/tongues.js" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/sarkamist/Tongues-Script/blob/master/4.5.3/tongues.js</a> &nbsp;is where i got the code from, posted it into new script, line numbers match up and everything. While I am running the game with the sandbox open in another window, my other scripts work fine, and this is what it shows "It's A Trap!: Registered TrapTheme - default." "[Resting in Style] Piggiebacking on TokenMod for token change observations." "Loading character sheet data..." "Starting webworker script..." "Loading 737 translation strings to worker..." "-=&gt; ChatSetAttr v1.10 &lt;=-" "-=&gt; GroupCheck v1.12 &lt;=-" "-=&gt; GroupInitiative v0.9.35 &lt;=-&nbsp; [Mon Oct 12 2020 13:45:47 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)]" "-=&gt; DoorKnocker v1.212 &lt;=-&nbsp; [Mon Nov 23 2020 23:51:17 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)]" "Map Change Started" "Blocked Players" [] "Maps Constructed" "Map Change Ready" "5E OGL Resting in Style is ready! Select chars, then: !short-rest and !long-rest"
I also tried using the older version of the script with no luck still
UPDATE: This doesn't appear to be specific to Tongues, Apply Damage and Critical when pasted from the source code do not work either. Any of the scripts that I've manually installed dont seem to be working at all, while the ones from the !-click library do
I think I solved it. The version of cashmaster in the api library no longer works, and when I removed it a whole slew of other scripts started functioning including some from earlier