Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

DMDave Bug Reporting

The Khagra and the Brinebloods module In the Temple of Zozyg, in room 2, the secret door in the south wall has no dynamic light wall to stop players from seeing through to the next room. Nor is that secret room talked in the Temple to Zozyg handout. 
DMDave
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Suixis said: The Khagra and the Brinebloods module In the Temple of Zozyg, in room 2, the secret door in the south wall has no dynamic light wall to stop players from seeing through to the next room. Nor is that secret room talked in the Temple to Zozyg handout.  I'll review the text properly. It was intended for that secret door to be open for the party to follow the villains down that path.
DMDave said: Ryan B. said: Hi Dave, Going to be playing another of your great modules tomorrow and currently doing some prep. The adventure is: Descent Into Hell The issue is: In area 8 the notes read: Trap: Bone Spikes . A successful DC 15 Wisdom (Perception) check reveals several runic carvings on the ground. A spell or other effect that can sense the presence of magic, such as  detect magic , reveals an aura of conjuration magic around the runes. The trap activates when a character steps into a space containing a magic rune (indicated by the small circles on the map). When activated, a five-foot long spike of bone shoots out of the adjacent wall. Any creature occupying the space must succeed on a DC 15 Dexterity saving throw or take 22 (4d10) piercing damage. Once triggered, the trap resets in 1 minute. I might be being really dim but I can't for the life of me see the small circles on the map that are referenced in area 8? Not a massive issue as I can always add them in where I think would be appropriate but would be good to know where they're supposed to be! Ah, this is likely an oversight on our part during the conversion process where the final version of the map and the text didn't align fully. You should modify the presentation for the benefit of your party. I would recommend just using a single large rune that the party could detect with an Intelligence (Investigation) check.  Thanks!  That's what I ended up doing - I popped it right at the bottom of the stairs and worked a treat!
HI Dave i just purchased your one shot Tidal stone caves and the maps are not showing up i have the tokens and the room numbers but no actual map
Derrick said: Hi Dave, I'm in the middle of running Tidalstone Caves for a party. We started last session and were going to wrap it up tonight, but when I login to my game the map is missing, both the regular and the patch version. The lighting layers and all tokens are there, but no actual map. I tried creating a new game from the link in the product and it has the same issue. mine has the same problem did you ever get an answer for this ?
DMDave
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
I am unsure why Tidalstone Caves continues to replicate this error. I will contact the Roll20 team.
Hey there! :) I bought both of the Griffon's Saddlebag add-ons (Vol. 1 & 2) but only Vol. 1 is showing up in my games when I add both in. I tried to add just Vol. 2 into one of my games that didn't have Vol. 1, and it didn't load at all.  Thanks in advance!
I am currently having the same problem as Brewhammer I bought both saddlebag Vol 1 & 2 but vol 2 is not showing up in game after I installed the add-on
Same as Brewhammer and Rangurotora have mentioned.
DMDave
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
We will make sure to fix that error as quickly as possible. In the mean time, a work around is this: Add one of the packs to your game, then open your game and find the map that is named "Start". Rename it to something else, then add the second pack.
Confirmed, renaming the 'Start' map worked for me as a workaround! Thanks, DMDave! :)
DMDave
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Brewhammer said: Confirmed, renaming the 'Start' map worked for me as a workaround! Thanks, DMDave! :) Thank you for confirming. We have submitted a patch to the Roll20 team for both products. We will update here when it goes live.

Edited 1613952956
Checked and have not seen it yet in this thead but i n the PDF of "Into the Wich room" the Larva of the Outer Gods have "Languages understands Deep Speech but cannot  speak" but the token in the roll20 version do not. Are they able to understand speak or not?
DMDave
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Alex P. said: Checked and have not seen it yet in this thead but i n the PDF of "Into the Wich room" the Larva of the Outer Gods have "Languages understands Deep Speech but cannot  speak" but the token in the roll20 version do not. Are they able to understand speak or not? Use the details from the PDF. It understands Deep Speech but cannot speak.
Thanks @dmdave 
Hi Sarge, I bought the adventure " The Tidalstone Cave ". In ROLL20 I see only one map belonging to part 2: The tidalstone Cave , the text says: " There are three maps included in this adventure, the map of The Reap, its Cellar, and its Upstairs", however, these maps are not there? Also the map for part 1: The Dark seems missing? Hope you can help Thx in advance!
DMDave
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Pixx said: Hi Sarge, I bought the adventure " The Tidalstone Cave ". In ROLL20 I see only one map belonging to part 2: The tidalstone Cave , the text says: " There are three maps included in this adventure, the map of The Reap, its Cellar, and its Upstairs", however, these maps are not there? Also the map for part 1: The Dark seems missing? Hope you can help Thx in advance! That's a copy error from a template. There should just be the one map for The Tidalstone Caves. Part 1: The Dark is theater of the mind.
DMDave said: Pixx said: Hi Sarge, I bought the adventure " The Tidalstone Cave ". In ROLL20 I see only one map belonging to part 2: The tidalstone Cave , the text says: " There are three maps included in this adventure, the map of The Reap, its Cellar, and its Upstairs", however, these maps are not there? Also the map for part 1: The Dark seems missing? Hope you can help Thx in advance! That's a copy error from a template. There should just be the one map for The Tidalstone Caves. Part 1: The Dark is theater of the mind. Aha, creators prerogative it is ;-) My theater of the mind is limitless so I'll conjure up a nice map for this purpose. Thanks for the prompt reply!
Hi - Vaskil Valley map for Gaeleth's temple does not appear properly
Same module vaskil valley - looks to be missing an image for the coldark cliff
Sorry for multiple posts I'm really liking the mid length size of the campaign, great addition to roll20.  Last query about vaskil valley - for the two starter quests (fist fights with werelynes and silent night) I can't see any maps - should they have been included?
DMDave
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
It seems like those two images broke, we'll make sure to add a patch as soon as possible to add them back in, thanks for letting us know. The missing image on the Colddark Cliff Handout is 'just' the map with numbers included, so you know what you are missing. Fist Fights with Werelynxes and Silent Knight are written as theater of the mind encounters, so there are no maps included for them.

Edited 1616010009
I noticed a bug that I am pretty sure is a result of adding Griffon's Saddlebag Vol 1 to a game. It appears to delete all music playlists in the jukebox. Not the songs within, just the playlist. Meaning all of my music is now in one spot, no longer seperated. Below are the trouble shooting steps I did to hopefully help figure this out.    Using Chrome Browser I tried on various games. Adding Saddlebag Vol 1 killed the playlists in each one I tried. Games included those that were created with a module as well as those that were blank templates. All were 5e char sheet based, if that matters. I tried adding Vol 2 to other games to see if it did the same, it did not. Seems to be isolated to the first volume only. (I did not have other volumes to test, just those 2) I tried other unrelated addons from various creators. None of those killed the playlists, again only Vol 1.  After adding Vol 1 and playlists vanished, I created new lists and left and rejoined game. Playlists remained. Seems to only delete upon initial installation of Vol 1 addon. Deleted Vol 1 after confirming playlists were deleted. Reloaded game, playlists were still deleted. Doesn't seem to be a way to undo the damage, manually recreating lists was required.  Tried games that both had and didn't have other addons. Neither made a difference, Vol 1 killed play lists in both conditions. Hope this helps, was a major bummer given the amount of tracks I had and all the organization that was set up. I am fairly confident that it was indeed Griffon's Saddlebag Vol 1 that caused this problem, but I may be wrong.  
DMDave
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Shawn said: I noticed a bug that I am pretty sure is a result of adding Griffon's Saddlebag Vol 1 to a game. It appears to delete all music playlists in the jukebox. Not the songs within, just the playlist. Meaning all of my music is now in one spot, no longer seperated. Below are the trouble shooting steps I did to hopefully help figure this out.    Using Chrome Browser I tried on various games. Adding Saddlebag Vol 1 killed the playlists in each one I tried. Games included those that were created with a module as well as those that were blank templates. All were 5e char sheet based, if that matters. I tried adding Vol 2 to other games to see if it did the same, it did not. Seems to be isolated to the first volume only. (I did not have other volumes to test, just those 2) I tried other unrelated addons from various creators. None of those killed the playlists, again only Vol 1.  After adding Vol 1 and playlists vanished, I created new lists and left and rejoined game. Playlists remained. Seems to only delete upon initial installation of Vol 1 addon. Deleted Vol 1 after confirming playlists were deleted. Reloaded game, playlists were still deleted. Doesn't seem to be a way to undo the damage, manually recreating lists was required.  Tried games that both had and didn't have other addons. Neither made a difference, Vol 1 killed play lists in both conditions. Hope this helps, was a major bummer given the amount of tracks I had and all the organization that was set up. I am fairly confident that it was indeed Griffon's Saddlebag Vol 1 that caused this problem, but I may be wrong.   Hi, Shawn, Thank you for letting us know about this. We cannot verify on our end why this bug presents itself and have reached out to Roll20 for assistance.
Thanks for the quick reply and for looking into it! Please keep us posted if you find out more.
War of the Monsters seems to be missing most of its content. There are only 3 characters, maps, and a blank handout. None of the adventure text, special monsters, magic items, boons, etc. that are supposed to be in there.
Adventure:  Dungeons & Lairs: Skeleton Tomb Technical Issues:   1) The "quick notes" in the "Start Here" folder talk about an adventure called "War of the Monsters" instead of what's present in this one.  2) Area 4 has a typo: " Treasure: Buried Treasure . TheIn the 1st-level adventure" there should be no "The". 3) Areas 7 & 12 has a slight wording inconsistency. It says " Creatures marked with an asterisk are detailed in the Skeleton Tomb Asset Pack." But there ARE no creatures with asterisks. Other areas say " as shown on the table below." which should apply here. Rest of it is immaculate, thanks for making this! It was really enjoyable!!
DMDave
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Arĉjo said: War of the Monsters seems to be missing most of its content. There are only 3 characters, maps, and a blank handout. None of the adventure text, special monsters, magic items, boons, etc. that are supposed to be in there. Yeah, that's definitely not right; it looks like the wrong game file was added. We'll work with roll20 to get that fixed as quickly as possible.
DMDave
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Stefan V. said: Adventure:  Dungeons & Lairs: Skeleton Tomb Technical Issues:   1) The "quick notes" in the "Start Here" folder talk about an adventure called "War of the Monsters" instead of what's present in this one.  2) Area 4 has a typo: " Treasure: Buried Treasure . TheIn the 1st-level adventure" there should be no "The". 3) Areas 7 & 12 has a slight wording inconsistency. It says " Creatures marked with an asterisk are detailed in the Skeleton Tomb Asset Pack." But there ARE no creatures with asterisks. Other areas say " as shown on the table below." which should apply here. Rest of it is immaculate, thanks for making this! It was really enjoyable!! Thanks for letting us know! We'll take note of those. I'm glad you enjoyed it anyway!
This is still a problem for my module, was there a solution or patch yet? Thanks :) Philip M. said: Hi - Vaskil Valley map for Gaeleth's temple does not appear properly
DMDave
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Patches should be live for War of the Monsters, Vaskil Valley: Wrath of the Wyvern Kings, Legends of Omeria: Winds of Vapul, and Shrine of the Emperor of Bones.
I just purchased the Abolythe Cave module and created a game.   The map for the 17th Lvl encounter is incomplete and presents a "shadowy" image.  How can I resolve this?  
DMDave
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
TheNoviceDM said: I just purchased the Abolythe Cave module and created a game.   The map for the 17th Lvl encounter is incomplete and presents a "shadowy" image.  How can I resolve this?   It looks like the map for this level wasn't caught when the module was converted; the shadowy verison is the dynamic lighting working as it's supposed to but without the map in place to have it make sense. We'll be putting in a patch with roll20 to have that replaced as soon as possible. In the meantime, you can copy over one of the maps for other other versions and place it onto the map layer, as they are sized the same.
Looks like similar challenges with The Burning Borderlands: Riddle of the Silver Pyramid
Hi! Adventure : Temple of the Druid Lich Technical issue : In the game description it says: " One-Click Macros. Run faster combat sessions with one click macros. Simply select the token and watch as macros for core features pop up. The macro auto rolls the initiative, saving throws, and resistances to make your game run smoother " However, I can't find the macros. I've clicked the token on the map and the macros do not appear, either on the screen or in the colletion tab icon. Please help! :)
DMDave
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Efrat B. said: Hi! Adventure : Temple of the Druid Lich Technical issue : In the game description it says: " One-Click Macros. Run faster combat sessions with one click macros. Simply select the token and watch as macros for core features pop up. The macro auto rolls the initiative, saving throws, and resistances to make your game run smoother " However, I can't find the macros. I've clicked the token on the map and the macros do not appear, either on the screen or in the colletion tab icon. Please help! :) I've just tested the addon and the macros do appear for me. Can you double check that the game room is using the character sheet D&D 5E by Roll20, as the macros cannot work otherwise? If you already are, you can try re-installing the addon, in case something went wrong during the initial addition to the game, or you can check out the "Quick Notes" handout that also explains how to add (or delete) the macros.
DMDave
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
David P said: Looks like similar challenges with The Burning Borderlands: Riddle of the Silver Pyramid We have submitted a patch to roll20 to add these map images back in; thanks for letting us know.

Edited 1625674583
DMDave, I just purchased and installed the Map:  "Ancient Pyramid" two map pack. Issue: There appears to be an issue with the " pyramid day " map. The " basement " on the pyramid day map has the dynamic lighting but several of the secret rooms/chambers are not there. Issue: The " Pyramid night " map. The secret door behind the main level that leads down to the basement leads nowhere. The split tunnel to two stair cases is missing. Also, is there supposed to be or are there a set of the maps without the traps exposed for the users? It would be nice to be able to hide the blades / boulder / spike traps on the GM layer. For me these trap items all appear to be a part of the maps and not interactable. Thank you Mike
DMDave
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Dungeon Master said: DMDave, I just purchased and installed the Map:  "Ancient Pyramid" two map pack. Issue: There appears to be an issue with the " pyramid day " map. The " basement " on the pyramid day map has the dynamic lighting but several of the secret rooms/chambers are not there. Issue: The " Pyramid night " map. The secret door behind the main level that leads down to the basement leads nowhere. The split tunnel to two stair cases is missing. Also, is there supposed to be or are there a set of the maps without the traps exposed for the users? It would be nice to be able to hide the blades / boulder / spike traps on the GM layer. For me these trap items all appear to be a part of the maps and not interactable. Thank you Mike Hello there. Please refer to the document in the add-on called "How To Use These Maps" The other are maps are on a different layer. Follow the instructions and they will appear.
Dave, thanks for the pro tip sir. I did not realize there was a "read me". So that covers the missing/hidden parts of the tunnels/rooms. There are two things. TRAPS - not on GM layer or otherwise able to be hidden from players. Is there a map without the traps being hard coded into the background so we can choose which to use and when to show to players? Secret Door - There is one door on each day/night map which appears to not have a dynamic light "door". To the player it appears as a standard passage. However on the GM layer it has a large red "S" indicating it should be a hidden door. I can fix this on my map without issue. This can be found on the basement level, the room where players come down into the basement. It happens to have the non-hidden hidden whirling blade trap. The S is there but on the dynamic light layer there is no "door. Love the maps sir.
DMDave
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Dungeon Master said: Dave, thanks for the pro tip sir. I did not realize there was a "read me". So that covers the missing/hidden parts of the tunnels/rooms. There are two things. TRAPS - not on GM layer or otherwise able to be hidden from players. Is there a map without the traps being hard coded into the background so we can choose which to use and when to show to players? Secret Door - There is one door on each day/night map which appears to not have a dynamic light "door". To the player it appears as a standard passage. However on the GM layer it has a large red "S" indicating it should be a hidden door. I can fix this on my map without issue. This can be found on the basement level, the room where players come down into the basement. It happens to have the non-hidden hidden whirling blade trap. The S is there but on the dynamic light layer there is no "door. Love the maps sir. Tom does have a clean version of the ancient pyramid available on his patreon or in his ancient worlds map series. We didn't include it in this version for simplicity. As for the secret door, you are correct. That one is indeed missing.
Adventure : The Camp Clearwater Massacre  Technical issue : I'm looking for the DM's map.  The "keyed locations" mentions tunnels under the lake, L for the lumber yard, and others. Did I miss a map with all of these locations and their labels?
Adventure : The Camp Clearwater Massacre  Technical issue : When I installed it, I had the dynamic lighting, but two days later, I didn't have it!  I thought that the dynamic lighting was included in the package 
DMDave
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Gaetan G. said: Adventure : The Camp Clearwater Massacre  Technical issue : When I installed it, I had the dynamic lighting, but two days later, I didn't have it!  I thought that the dynamic lighting was included in the package  The maps do come preset with dynamic lighting, yes, but your own account must be pro or plus to actually use the dynamic lighting in your games. During the Summer Camp, Roll20 unlocked dynamic lighting for everyone, including free accounts, which is why it worked for you so far; however, if you want to use this or other products with dynamic lighting going forward, you will have to upgrade your account.
Hey Dave I have some issues with the Camp Clearwater Massacre. When playing as a player and trying to move my token around it will not allow my token to go into buildings even if there is a door there. As the GM I move drag and drop the token anywhere and it's fine. Also the map has some bugs? The docks looks like this for me as a player: And it looks like this for me as a GM:
DMDave
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
I'm not entirely certain what is causing this for you and have not been able to replicate the error. I would urge you to remove and reinstall the add-on, since you shouldn't be seeing white space like that. Additionally, I'd urge you to review the "Quick Notes" document we have under the "Start Here" folder for instructions on how to move or remove the doors.  MahoneCapone said: Hey Dave I have some issues with the Camp Clearwater Massacre. When playing as a player and trying to move my token around it will not allow my token to go into buildings even if there is a door there. As the GM I move drag and drop the token anywhere and it's fine. Also the map has some bugs? The docks looks like this for me as a player: And it looks like this for me as a GM:
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
DMDave said: I'm not entirely certain what is causing this for you and have not been able to replicate the error. There was a bug with dynamic lighting that was only active for a few hours yesterday.&nbsp; So this wasn't something you could have helped anyway. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/10260336/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/10260336/</a>
Tomb Of the Kirin Prince Just downloaded yesterday map of room 11 and 12&nbsp; is just a blank grid. It looks like this was a problem a while ago also
DMDave
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
James B. said: Tomb Of the Kirin Prince Just downloaded yesterday map of room 11 and 12&nbsp; is just a blank grid. It looks like this was a problem a while ago also If only those two rooms are missing, the problem should be that the size of the entire tomb's page is set wrong. It should be 33x20 instead of the 25x25 it is currently at. Please try changing it and see if that solves your issue. If not, could you provide us with a screenshot so we can check what exactly needs patching