Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Volunteer to act as a playtester to view/test maps

Hi, Long post - Apologies I have had a bit of a hit-and-miss experience with dynamic lighting (DL from here on). This is usually down to the present DL settings. Some are fantastic, some are just poor, to be honest. Some match up with how you set up your tokens, some are just randomly off. Some maps have no DL at all (recently purchased, too).  I have a mini-campaign coming up soon, Call of Cthulhu 7e , & I want to ensure this gives the players the experience they deserve - not the lame DL exp of the last few sessions (this has been posted about elsewhere, no replies, hence why I am reaching out). We had one great example in a session of how this can work... the next couple left me feeling embarrassed. So! to move this ahead without posting on here with no avail, is there anyone willing to help me test these maps? Voice will be via Discord, we can go through the maps here, see what works, what doesn't. I understand this may seem like a thankless task, but I would greatly appreciate the assistance!  Send me a message if you are will to help. I am based in London, so BST hours greatly appreciated. Also, if you have a love for Lovecraft & all that horror atmosphere, that would help. I hasten to say though, no experience needed! Just want an honest opinion. 
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If you dont find a tester, you can do this yourself. Create a second account, invite it and log in with that, and you'll see what the players see.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Here's a post on the subject:  Dummy Account