Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Our Barbarian Rage Macros for 5e (API Required)

Edited 1627841291
I wanted to set up some macros for the Barbarian in our group to help automate the process and keep the bookkeeping to a minimum. This macro uses a few API scripts: Token Mod, AddCustomTurn, and ChatSetAtt. I also uses a character sheet named DIV with some custom attributes to generate the 5e red divider line ( Jarren K.'s tip/trick ). The macro emotes to chat, activates the Rage global damage modifier (depending on where this in the list, you may need to change the $0 to match the correct repeating line), reduces the character's Rage class resource, adds a custom rage status marker to the Barbarian (you will want to change the x-rage status marker name to one from your game), adds a custom line to Turn Tracker that will automatically count down from 10 and remove itself when it reaches 0, reminds the Barbarian how many rage uses are left in chat, and posts reminders about the advantages and resistances rage affords. Replace CharacterName accordingly. You could use @{selected|...}, but I prefer to use the character's name so the macro does not require a token to be selected. /em unleashes her inner rage! !setattr --silent --name CharacterName --repeating_damagemod_$0_global_damage_active_flag|1 !modattr --silent --name CharacterName --class_resource|-1 !token-mod --set statusmarkers|x-rage --ids @{ CharacterName |character_id} !act -1 10 -- CharacterName 's Rage --delete-on-zero &{template:desc} [[ {{desc=**Rages Remaining:** [[(@{ CharacterName |class_resource}-1)]] @{DIV|DER-L}**Advantage On**@{DIV|DER-R} Strength Checks and Saving Throws @{DIV|DER-L}**Resistance vs.**@{DIV|DER-R} Bludgeoning, Piercing, and Slashing Damage (take 1/2 damage) }} To end the Rage (again - adjust the repeating line and status marker name accordingly): /em calms herself... !setattr --silent --name CharacterName --repeating_damagemod_$0_global_damage_active_flag|0 !token-mod --set statusmarkers|-x-rage --ids @{ CharacterName |character_id} &{template:desc} {{desc=**Rages Remaining:** @{ CharacterName |class_resource} }} !dct CharacterName 's Rage The @{DIV|DER-L} and @{DIV|DER-R} are accomplished by creating a character sheet named DIV that all players can control (see Jarren K.'s full explanation here ). Totally unnecessary, but looks nice. Then create custom attributes like this (you can then use these in any macro chat output): DER [ ](#" style="border: none; border-top: 0.25em solid transparent; border-bottom: 0.25em solid transparent; border-left: 14em solid #7e2d40; line-height: 1.25em; font-size: 1.05em; margin-top: 0.25em; margin-bottom: 0.25em; display: inline-block) DER-L [ ](#" style="border: none; border-top: 0.25em solid transparent; border-bottom: 0.25em solid transparent; border-left: 4em solid #7e2d40; line-height: 1.25em; font-size: 1.05em; margin-top: 0.25em; margin-bottom: 0.25em; display: inline-block; float: left) [ DER-R ](#" style="font-weight: bold; width: 54%; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; display: inline-block)[ ](#" style="border: none; border-top: 0.25em solid transparent; border-bottom: 0.25em solid transparent; border-right: 4em solid #7e2d40; line-height: 1.25em; font-size: 1.05em; margin-top: 0.25em; margin-bottom: 0.25em; display: inline-block; float: right)
Thanks for this! I thought this was a common enough thing people would want to see, but I couldn't find anything half descent anywhere. I didn't want to use global damage modifiers at first, because according to this pos t it breaks auto roll for damage. (It doesn't, atleast not anymore btw) It's the whole reason I started looking for how to better implement Rage; none of my characters were autorolling for damage until I removed the global Rage modifier from the barbarian. I think it was just some other bug, and they weren't autorolling until I updated the sheet in some way... But at the time it felt like that was the problem and the fix was turning global damage off. Anyway, that lead me to introduce a mix of your version and this version . It's what I found first and it uses macros and bar1 to do something similar. (Something people might like to use if they have no API Support) I won't post it because it's useless now, I switched to yours completely when I tested a bit and realised my charcters were autorolling correctly again. Long Story short, you probably saved me from wasting a lot of time debugging a problem I didn't really have so again thank you!