Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Dear Riley, an image library complaint post

Edited 1406038556
I hate your tagging system . There, I said it. I'd love to use Roll20 for different things-- currently, I'm using it for a game of Betrayal at House on the Hill (which has a LOT of resources!) AND my 3.5 campaign. The problem is, I have to go through and tag everything each time I add something new... And sometimes, I upload lots of things in one go! So then I have to go through and tag each individual thing for what it is... Which is, frankly, a pain in the butt. Please, do something about that. Tags are fantastic! But not as they're currently implemented. I'm sure folders have been suggested a MILLION times, but why not a "mass tag" option? Let me select a BUNCH of things all at once and apply a tag to them in one go, instead of making me tag each. individual. one. And this is just the image library. Journals/Handouts? Sorting those would be pretty nifty, too! Your character sheet system is phenomenal! You did a great job catering to the needs and wants of almost everyone... But having more than just a couple characters in your journal, is, well... Inconvenient, at best. So in short, I'm willing to concede to tags... But please, make them a little more user friendly to apply! Sincerely, a very pleased (if slightly exasperated) Roll20 subscriber.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I'm certainly in favor of increasing the utility of the organization system for images and journal entries.

Edited 1406042043
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
There is a mass tag option though. You have to go into your library by clicking on the black star and select all the images (up to 30 I think) you want tagged.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Ah. You can do this from your library as well: <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/library" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/library</a>
Well slap my behind and call me Sally. Sorry, Riley~!
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Sam said: There is a mass tag option though. You have to go into your library by clicking on the black star and select all the images (up to 30 I think) you want tagged. As someone who has also uploaded and tagged images for a Betrayal campaign, I wish the limit were more than 30. (Or removed entirely...)