Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Savage Worlds Official: Requests

Can we get an Evasion, in the vein of @{selected|agilitybutton} and/or documentation for the unshakeTemplate, so i can play with it more?
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'm not really familiar with the game, but the unshake template is pretty straightforward (assuming I'm looking at the right sheet): &{template:unshake} {{name=Bob}} {{mook=[[0]]}} {{skill_roll=[[1d6]]}} {{wild_die=[[1d6]]}} If {{mook}} is anything but 0, the template checks whether the higher roll of {{skill_roll}} or {{wild_die}} is more than 3. If it is, it displays the success message. If not, failure message. If {{mook}} is 0, it ignores the {{wild_die}} and just checks if {{skill_roll}} is more than 3. If it is, success message, if not - failure message. It's a very specific, mostly hard-coded template - probably not ideal if you're looking to do custom stuff. Then again, I don't know the rules :)
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Oosh has it correct, Unshake is a pretty basic template. From an evasion perspective, what are you looking/hoping to do? I might be able to give some assistance.  The likelihood of me adding Evasion as a button to the character sheet are fairly low (at the moment, that might change), but I'm happy to see what else can be done and/or provide some additional support. :)
i just noticed that most of the ability rolls call it, i assumed for formatting, and wanted to keep consistent stylistically if i could, but attempts haven't worked well. 
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Dalton said: i just noticed that most of the ability rolls call it, i assumed for formatting, and wanted to keep consistent stylistically if i could, but attempts haven't worked well.  Well, since you already mention the Agility Button thing, I may need more information on what you're trying to accomplish... Can you describe what your desired output would be? There may be a different roll template you can use.
okay, so i am working my way through setting up an adventure (as a gm) trying to set up a macro mule to simplify my life in any future sw pathfinder (or whatever other world) i get suckered into. usually when i do this sort of thing, i try to make it very easy on the players (or myself.) in this particular case, i have an ability for swallow whole, which prompts the players to roll evasion, complete with a clickable chat button that they can click which will ask them to pick a target, and then roll an agility-2 (hopefully with all appropriate modifiers). pass/fail is fine, because that is how evasion usually works, i believe. i went with target over selected, so that i could use the same macro for npcs who need to evade for whatever reason. Ideally, i will include buttons like this in the powers that allow saves, so that the power use will prompt a pc to make a save, or a pc to choose a npc and automatically roll the save.  right now i am using a default template, and am most of the way there (still need to build in hindered, i think), but if i can make it look better than that, i would rather do so here is Swallow Whole: /desc Swallow Whole /desc With a successful bite attack, the victim must make an [Evasion](~GM|Evasion) roll or be Swallowed Whole. At the end of the creature's subsequent turns, anyone swallowed must make a Vigor roll at –2 or take a Wound from the crushing gullet and acidic bile. This continues until they're freed or perish. /desc If the creature is Shaken or Wounded from the inside (ignoring its Armor!), everyone inside gets an immediate Athletics roll to escape. If the monster is Shaken or Wounded from the outside, the escape roll is made at –2. /desc Appropriate Tests (GM's call, such as pepper in the nose, extreme nausea from a spell effect or poison, etc.) might cause the beast to cough, sneeze, or vomit. This gives everyone inside an Athletics roll to escape.     
and here is my current evasion: &{template:default}{{name=@{target|character_name}}}{{Evasion Roll!}}{{@{target|agility_display}-2=[[@{target|agility_rank}-2[Evasion]-@{target|wounds}[Wounds]-@{target|fatigue}[Fatigue]]]}} {{wild die=[[1d@{target|agwilddie}!-2[Evasion]-@{target|wounds}[Wounds]-@{target|fatigue}[Fatigue]]]}}
the reason i was asking is that when i do a agility roll, (for example) and up arrow to look at the code that generated the output,  @{GM|agilitybutton} @{GM|unshakeTemplate}  is what pops up, and this is not for simple pass/fail outputs, but for normal looking trait rolls. 
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Ok, got it.  Right now, there's no generic roll template for the Official Savage Worlds sheet that will declare success/failure. I can look at adding one, but that won't be a quick undertaking for various reasons. If the aesthetic is the important thing vs. a declaration of success/fail, the normal Agility roll output will suit, though, because you'd just be looking for a total of 4+. The main reason the roll to become unshaken got its own button was to help alleviate confusion on whether a character could act or not, because there was a time when simply unshaking did not allow an action (this wasn't with SWADE, but I still saw the question come up at various times).
Finderski said: Ok, got it.  Right now, there's no generic roll template for the Official Savage Worlds sheet that will declare success/failure. I can look at adding one, but that won't be a quick undertaking for various reasons. If the aesthetic is the important thing vs. a declaration of success/fail, the normal Agility roll output will suit, though, because you'd just be looking for a total of 4+. The main reason the roll to become unshaken got its own button was to help alleviate confusion on whether a character could act or not, because there was a time when simply unshaking did not allow an action (this wasn't with SWADE, but I still saw the question come up at various times). I don't specifically need pass/fail, so don't bother on my account. All I am really after is, ease of use (already basically covered, can't get much easier), and consistency/quality in the appearance, which I just don't get from the default template. It isn't that major though.