Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Transparent DL wall.

I'm positive someone must have suggested this already numerous times, but just in case (and also so that there's more visibility for the idea), transparent DL wall that impedes token movement but can see through would be a fantastic feature for the future.  A lot of maps have windows/portals that tokens should see through but shouldn't be allowed to move through.  
Check out the  UDL Windows  API from The Aaron. :)
Hi.  Thanks for the suggestion, but that post implies that the script exploits the assumption that freehand drawn walls are transparent.  It may have been at one time, but it no longer seems this is the case and hence the script may be outdated and no longer functional.
Both the UDLWindows script and Doorknocker work to create see-through walls. Based on how Roll20 uses lines I don’t believe there’s any concern right now about them no longer working. 

Edited 1628383076
Hi.  I've tested freehand walls, and they are not transparent any longer, if they were before.  Hence, the assumption laid out on that UDL Windows script is no longer valid.  EDIT:  Here's a screenshot if curious.  

Edited 1628385311
Okay.&nbsp; I read further down in the comments on that post.&nbsp; According to the author, Roll20's draw program uses SVG format to define the paths.&nbsp; The exploitation here seems to be that their line of sight algorithm uses certain assumptions on the SVG format, i.e., assumption that it falls under one of the formats used by the various types of drawings.&nbsp; By using only the M path command, you're able to circumvent the line of sight algorithm used as none of the paths uses exclusively M (see&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/API:Objects/Path" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/API:Objects/Path</a>). &nbsp; It's actually pretty clever (assuming it works).&nbsp; This presumably won't affect the collision detection between the token and the wall as those algorithms are typically purely geometric in nature (e.g., via application of separating hyperplane theorem).&nbsp;&nbsp; Looks like it may work.&nbsp; I will give it a try.&nbsp; Thank you!
Hey it worked!&nbsp; Thanks all!