Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

On pre bought AP, how do I turn off GM whisper for NPC? Please do noy say “TOGGLE” just need proper settings.

HELP
I see that you posted about this before , and as keithcurtis responded on that thread: There's a bug in the game settings that doesn't recognize "Never Whisper Rolls", possibly because it is trying to write a blank value. The solution is to use Whisper Toggle. The default is public, so once this is set, all rolls should show. Other than that there's no way to change all the NPC whisper settings without an API Script (a Pro subscriber feature).
So go to Game Settings, Under&nbsp; Default Sheet Settings Whisper Rolls to GM: set to Query whisper? Still does this (To GM): Goblin Commando MASTERWORK HORSECHOPPER Attack <span class="inlinerollresult showtip tipsy-n-right" original-title=" Rolling 1d20cs>20+4[MOD]+0[QUERY] = ( 6 )+4+0" style="background-color: transparent; border: none; padding: 2px; font-weight: bold; cursor: help; font-size: 1.25em; color: rgb(34, 34, 34);">10 Damage &nbsp;<span class="inlinerollresult showtip tipsy-n-right" original-title=" Rolling 1d8+1 + 0[QUERY] = ( 6 )+1+0" style="background-color: transparent; border: none; padding: 2px; font-weight: bold; cursor: help; font-size: 1.25em; color: rgb(34, 34, 34);">7 &nbsp; slashing
You need to set up all the character sheets to the 'Never Whisper' option, which is actually setting it as 'Whisper Toggle' because setting them to 'Never Whisper' won't work. I have a feeling you're missing a step when doing this.&nbsp; Can you take a screenshot of what your Campaign Settings page looks like? (That is&nbsp; outside &nbsp;of the game) Never Whisper There's a bug in the game settings that doesn't recognize "Never Whisper Rolls", possibly because it is trying to write a blank value. The solution is to use&nbsp;Whisper Toggle. The default is public, so once this is set, all rolls should show. 1. Go to the&nbsp;Campaign Settings Page 2. Choose "Whisper Toggle" under "WHISPER ROLLS TO GM" in the Default Sheet Settings 3. Save 4. Load your game 5. Go to the settings tab on the right and scroll to the bottom where you will find a button that says Apply Default Settings. Press it. 6. Choose to update the Whisper settings. Wait a minute or two for it to resolve.&nbsp;There is a thin easy-to-miss progress bar. Then your character sheets should look like this:

Edited 1628807237
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Coffin Filler! Given the "Horsechopper" in the output, it looks like this is for a Pathfinder sheet. I have not tested those instructions on the PF or PF2 sheet. It's usually a good idea to specify the sheet when asking a question regarding macros or roll buttons. Let me know what sheet you are using, since the options may be different for you. Also, it would probably be better to have posted this as a response in your original thread, so people don't wind up giving you the same advice twice.&nbsp;
fixed thanks&nbsp;
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Cool! If it was something other than the stuff we've posted here, could you share what you did? It might help others in the future with the same issue.