Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Can i turn off the free assets?

Edited 1628824885
I have a premium subscription and it gives me a bunch of free assets. How do I turn them off?  Primarily the tokens. I am running a game where i have made a ton of my own and it is starting to bog down the game and there are so many free assets I do not need. Oh, both the subscription assets and free ones are the ones i am looking to disable.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The assets in the art library do not affect game performance at all. They are not loaded into memory or referenced by any code in the game. Only things that have been placed onto a map, or used as an in-game character token or card image are loaded. Even in those cases, only references are loaded. the image data is only used when the image is somehow part of the displayed page. If you don't want to see free assets, you should be able to collapse the folder in your art library.
to reduce graphic lag and load times reduce the amount of actual character sheets stored in your "live session."  You are a pro user, utilize your transmogrifier and store your bestiary/npcs in another session and pull them over on demand.  Do the same for maps too.  Keep your live session as minimalist as possible to improve everyones performance and do not use any api's that heavily utilize auras(Doorknocker and Health auras tint).  Auras cause a memory leak or something they are god awful on performance.  
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
DM Eddie said: Keep your live session as minimalist as possible to improve everyones performance and do not use any api's that heavily utilize auras(Doorknocker and Health auras tint).  Auras cause a memory leak or something they are god awful on performance.   And your experience may vary from that api advice.  I haven't experienced any performance issues with DoorKnocker or auras in general.  On the other hand, I don't enable DoorKnocker for everyone and just use the original token generated by the script and open close doors myself.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I have never had an issue with Door Knocker. Health Aura Colors exceeds its mandate and tends to clutter up campaigns with undesired settings. You can also turn off the aura component of Door Knocker.

Edited 1628910808
Doorknocker works fine out of the gate if you watch your colors in the dynamic lighting layers of all your UVTT imports.  If you set any map to be drawn in one of the 3 door colors, even if you don't intend them to be doors, the api still sets out the auras for each entity and can cause extreme lag.  I suppose I should have emphasized the aura aspect and not the name of the api's, those are just the two I've had graphic issues with, mainly due to an imported dynamic lighting setup on a map that I didn't catch as being the same color as my secret doors.  
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I still can't think of any time I've run into lag caused by too many auras. Animations, yes. FX, definitely. Still, if it's doing it for you, there must be configurations for which this is true. I've never used UVTT importing, so that might contribute to why I have never run into the issue.
Thanks for the help. I will start doing that.  I had been archiving maps. Is that the same as using the transmogrifier?  I haven't used that tool before, but I will take a look at it tonight.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Archiving is cosmetic only. It will not help performance, just hides items from view. Using the Transmogrifier to maintain a  Library Campaign  is the bee's knees.
thanks a lot for all the information. I appreciate it.