Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Wild Shape api script interaction with Token Action Maker

I use both scripts in my game. Until a couple of weeks ago, everything worked correctly: I set up the shapeshifter's new shape in Wild Shape, and I use Token Action Maker to create token actions for the shape-shifted form. When the player shifts, and the token changes to the new form, the new token actions are available.  Recently (maybe 2-3 weeks go) things changed. While the buttons are there, when the player clicks the buttons, an error is generated to the chat. When I click the same button, everything works correctly. The player does have control over the shape-shifted token. This certainly seems like a permissions error but I can't figure out where or what. This is what happens when the player shifts and tries to use a button created by Token Action Maker: Root Ben'Grognard: Transforming into Giant Spider Jonathan B.: -KnAzUup9bVTcRXqmjV2|repeating_npcaction_-KnAzV7QwJkAKMCrS8-9_npc_action Any ideas of what is wrong or how to fix it? Thanks.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I don't know enough about what the Wild Shape script does behind the scenes. It might be simplest just to add a macro to re-generate the token actions when you shift shapes? !deleteta !ta The only changes I have made in the script recently are to add a few new abbreviations for long ability names.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You could also try using the name method instead of the id method to generate token actions. !ta name I don't know how Wild Shape works, so that might be a more foolproof method. Make sure your wild shape form has a unique name.
Thanks for the info. I'll give that a try and let you know. Since the buttons always work for me, I'll have to wait until the player logs in and tests it on our next game day. keithcurtis said: You could also try using the name method instead of the id method to generate token actions. !ta name I don't know how Wild Shape works, so that might be a more foolproof method. Make sure your wild shape form has a unique name.