Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Improve dragging portraits onto the tabletop.

This has been annoying since the change that broke it.   So you know how you can drag a character portrait from on open sheet directly onto the VTT? Very helpful if you want to show art of NPCs or whatever to your players. Now for a long time, there was a very annoying bug where when you did this, if there was any text on the bio & info section where the portrait is, you wouldn't be able to click anywhere above where the text was to drag it. You'd have to click below. If the text was enough to cover the portrait, you couldn't drag it at all. For example, I would have had to click on the blue section here to drag out Pingu, otherwise it would just highlight the text.   So that sucked. Fortunately that was fixed. Yay. Sort of. Now when you go to mouse over the portrait, there's a little box that you click on to drag out the portrait. It works regardless of how much text there is. That's nice. Problem is, at the same time this nice little box was added, another much less nice change was made. Specifically, you can now only drag the portrait out onto a page that has a grid. And it autosnaps to the grid, becoming a square. Even if you hold alt (Specifically it just doesn't appear when you hold alt) This is basically useless, since the only time in which I would actually use this dragging feature was on gridless background screens. Now I have to give every screen a grid with the opacity turned off, then drag out the portrait, then try to resize it manually to a rough approximation of the correct aspect ratio. Real nice. This was so close to being good. I love that little box. I just don't love the baggage that came with it. At least give me the ability to hold alt so it doesn't snap to the grid.
Since this is a bug, and not a new feature suggestion, you should submit it in the bug reports forum.  Posts there are always seen by developers.  Posts in this forum are not even shown to the developers unless at least ten other people upvote them.
I mean is it a bug? It feels like the kind of crap that r20 would feel is a good change to make
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .