Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Windows - Dynamic lighting

I'm working on a map from a module ( CoC 7e ) and note that whilst players are prevented from walking/floating through walls, the same can’t be said about windows. Without resorting to API (I’m a Plus account member) is there a way to prevent this from happening whilst also permitting light to shine through the window?

Edited 1632695663
Smaller windows that aren't big enough for a token to go through? Extra dynamic lighting dots in the middle of a open window area representing window panes or exaggerated curtains that prevent moving through and if they get close enough can provide a pretty decent viewing area.
nice
Thanks for the response, Peacekeeper - How do I do extra dynamic lighting dots?

Edited 1632693328
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I think the easiest way to accomplish this is to set your grid to 0.09090909090909, which will make 11 divisions to each 1 grid, then switch to the square/circle drawing tool, hold alt and shift and drag drop 5 circles in the odd spaces between either end of the window: From the player view: This won't completely prevent someone from going through, if you drag hard enough, you'll pop over them, but it's the best you can do without the API. You could do it with dashes, but it's hard to make those small enough, and even if they're about .2 units long, you can pop through them more easily than circles and they block more of the view.
Thanks for the response, Aaron.