Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[GURPS] - Sheet #1 - Thread 1

Philip W. said: Where can I find the row id for ranged attacks? I see the reference skill row id, but can't seem to find the ranged attack row id? 1) You must not use the same code, because it will not work. You must replace "repeating_skills" with "repeating_ranged". So it stays like this. /w gm %{Karl Kolchak|repeating_ranged_$8_vsSL} /w gm %{Karl Kolchak|repeating_ranged_-m4vukmkde9-wgfl0vpd_vsSL} I know the name of the Macro is "repeating_ranged", because I put the mouse over the name of the Ranged Attack. When I did that, a hint appeared. See the image. 2) To get the ID, it is more complicated. The easiest way is to use the position of the line. /w gm %{Karl Kolchak|repeating_ranged_$8_vsSL} But the safest way, which is to get the ID, is like this: - Click on the item with the right mouse button, and go to inspect. - In the data-reprowid attribute will be the ID. In my case the ID is -MDChmjiGRsGCXH8IJZg.
@Paulo Thanks so much! That's exactly what I needed. Would be great if the row id showed in the sheet, but this works!
In Perception, hint says: "Check the box to whisper perception roll to GM." How do I do this?
Philip W. said: I know I'm picking at an edge case, but that doesn't quite do it actually. Fit/Very Fit actually gives a bonus to straight HT rolls (to resist afflictions, poison, even some spells) as well as Unstun, K Down, etc. so modding each sub HT category actually doesn't cover it all.  I think the best solution is to Mod the actual HT trait... and then put a negative mod at Speed and Move (if needed) along with each HT-based skill. Not an elegant solution, but it does the trick. Would be great if there were a checkbox on the General or Traits tab for Fit or Very Fit, but that's a lot to ask for just 1 trait ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Ian said: There is a "Mod" column in the attributes page that I find does the trick for Fit & Very Fit. If you find the section for "Unstun, K Down, Unc, Death", you can drop in the +1/+2 there, and you should be golden. That's a good point! I suppose the "best case" for it will come down to whichever types of rolls you're finding yourself making more often - If you have a character with many HT-based skills versus a character without, and if you're in a campaign with or without many saves against HT. Note that you'd also have to give yourself a negative mod in FP, as that's derived from HT too :wink: 
Paulo, I don't think there's currently a way to make Perception checks directly to the GM. I just tested the Public/Private Skill Checks options and they don't apply to Perception rolls, but perhaps they could simply apply to all rolls, and that would solve the issue for you. I'll have a look at MadCoder's issue lists, and see if I can't jump in to make a change for this if it's not already in the works.
Ian said: Paulo, I don't think there's currently a way to make Perception checks directly to the GM. I just tested the Public/Private Skill Checks options and they don't apply to Perception rolls, but perhaps they could simply apply to all rolls, and that would solve the issue for you. I'll have a look at MadCoder's issue lists, and see if I can't jump in to make a change for this if it's not already in the works. Yes Ian, the Public/Private Skill Checks options would solve my issue. When the Private option is marked, the only place that does not work is the Perception. And it is because of an "&" at the beginning of the Roll Macro of the perception button. Thanks so much!
I am translating the Sheet into my language. And some layout problems have already started to appear. I solved some problems by abbreviating the words, but I can't solve all the problems like this, without the Sheet getting confused for reading. Tabs are not being adjusted according to the titles  length. I have some suggestions for correction, but they are CSS codes. See below. Is there any way I can help with the code? I know that Sheet is on GitHub, but do you have any orientation on how I do it? How do I organize with people who are already working on the Sheet? To test the changes, do I have to have a Roll20 Pro subscription?
Hi everyone... When HP is low, the warning "Dodge is halved" appears. The problem is that it appears in the Type column. I looked at the source code, and couldn't think of any ideas to propose a solution. -------------------- About my previous post. I researched a lot, and learned how to change the sheet. As no one manifested, I took the liberty of posting some bug fixes on GitHub.
Yui V.
Pro
Sheet Author
Hello, I've spotted an error in the way the sheet functions: Appearance level in the Bio/misc tab does not modify the total spent/unspent character point count. I have not seen any place else to note appearance level, except for makrign it as a normal advantage or disadvantage... Also, I do not see any Money field in the inventory tab, is it simply supposed to be noted in the misc textfield? Thank you.
Yui V.  said: Hello, I've spotted an error in the way the sheet functions: Appearance level in the Bio/misc tab does not modify the total spent/unspent character point count. I have not seen any place else to note appearance level, except for makrign it as a normal advantage or disadvantage... Also, I do not see any Money field in the inventory tab, is it simply supposed to be noted in the misc textfield? Thank you. Yui... I've analyzed the code and it looks like a bug. Internally the field has stores the value in xp, but it is not added to the total. For now you should use the advantage/disadvantage tab. Until someone fixed the bug. About inventory, there is no field for money. But you can add an item called "Wallet, Bag" and give it a value in the $ column. For monetary values that you do not carry in your inventory. You can use the Stash field in Bio/Misc. This field is for cash stashed in banks, vaults, etc.
Hello, Is there a possibility to add custom attributes in the character sheet . I would like to update Gurps Vampire the masquerade and we need to use Humanity, a kind of health points for humanity (like sanity points in Call of Cthulhu). Gurps VTM p 75. So is it possible to add humanity as a custom attribute ? Perhaps you’ll suggest to use the Custom Pools ? Is there a way to have three custom pools ?
Currently, there isn't a way to have more than two Custom Pools; do you need three for your VTM game?
With Gurps 3rd edition, you could use with Gurps Vampire the Masquerade three different kind of Will : Will:Conscience   Will:Courage  and Will:Self-control  . Now with the gurps 4rh edtion, Will:Courage check can be a fright check. And Conscience and Self-control can be a Will check but with different modifiers. I could ignore these differences and apply modificators on a standard Will check but it could be nice to have a custom Pool with Self-control. I have to use Blood Pool ; Humanity pool and it could be cool to have Will:Self-control  custom pool. Humanity is the threshold of Will:Self-Control check to have Frenzy. Yes three custom pools in gurps VTM.
I noticed all of the combat entries for all characters in my current campaign switched from being based on skills to being based on DX :( I'm currently working through all the character sheets and updating them back to being based on Skill: Any particular reason that happened? Looks like the last update to the sheet was back in March.
Philip W. said: I noticed all of the combat entries for all characters in my current campaign switched from being based on skills to being based on DX :( @Philip W. After March, there were some changes to the sheet. These changes were related to translation into other languages. I was translating into my language. And I needed to make some changes to the sheet. However I didn't update the Updates tab. Because I tried to change the sheet as little as possible while waiting for answers to my previous questions. I changed the html of some combobox, so that it was possible to translate the items. And accidentally, I ended up adding this bug you reported. Which chose DX as the default over skill. I just fixed this bug. But Roll20 will only accept this change on Tuesday. You can switch to "based on Skill" without worries.
At least we know the cause! Try and keep the Updates tab up-to-date, though, even with just small changes. ... I really need to add one of those to the PTA 3 sheet I'm maintaining 🤔
Ian said: Paulo, I don't think there's currently a way to make Perception checks directly to the GM. I just tested the Public/Private Skill Checks options and they don't apply to Perception rolls, but perhaps they could simply apply to all rolls, and that would solve the issue for you. I'll have a look at MadCoder's issue lists, and see if I can't jump in to make a change for this if it's not already in the works. The private rolls apply to sense rolls, though. That's how I make secret Per rolls for my NPCs.
Paulo said: I am translating the Sheet into my language. And some layout problems have already started to appear. I solved some problems by abbreviating the words, but I can't solve all the problems like this, without the Sheet getting confused for reading. Hey, Paulo, let me know when you finish this translation into Portuguese! Will I be able to use my current sheets with this translation without any issue?
Ian said: At least we know the cause! Try and keep the Updates tab up-to-date, though, even with just small changes. PL M. said: Hey, Paulo, let me know when you finish this translation into Portuguese! I already translated. But there are still some fields that the sheet does not support translation. But tomorrow I will update the Updates tab with the changes I made.
PL M. &nbsp;said: Will I be able to use my current sheets with this translation without any issue? Yes, this translation shouldn't pose any problems for anyone. If anyone wants to use the sheet translated to Portuguese, then they should change their language at&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/account/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/account/</a> &nbsp; Preferences &gt; Language &gt; Portuguese . This also works for other languages if someone has translated.
Paulo said: PL M. &nbsp;said: Will I be able to use my current sheets with this translation without any issue? Yes, this translation shouldn't pose any problems for anyone. If anyone wants to use the sheet translated to Portuguese, then they should change their language at&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/account/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/account/</a> &nbsp; Preferences &gt; Language &gt; Portuguese . This also works for other languages if someone has translated. Thanks, man. Made the change here and it worked! Awesome work. Just one thing: I noticed that the damage types in the melee combat tab are in Portuguese, but the ones in the Ranged combat tab are still in English. Couldn't you change this tab in specific or was it an oversight? (expect me to report eventual problems with your translation since I play once a week).
Paulo, did you find a guide that you used to help make certain parts of the sheet translateable? I've not started to consider that for other sheets, but I think it's definitely something worth doing. Great work on getting it done, too! The more languages the sheet can reach, the more people can play with ease. Nice stuff.
PL M. said: Just one thing: I noticed that the damage types in the melee combat tab are in Portuguese, but the ones in the Ranged combat tab are still in English. Couldn't you change this tab in specific or was it an oversight? There are still some fields that don't support translation. To fix this, I must find them on the sheet and fix this defect. To only be able to translate later. PL M. &nbsp;said: (expect me to report eventual problems with your translation since I play once a week). Thank you very much, I count on your cooperation.
Ian said: Paulo, did you find a guide that you used to help make certain parts of the sheet translateable? I've not started to consider that for other sheets, but I think it's definitely something worth doing. Great work on getting it done, too! The more languages the sheet can reach, the more people can play with ease. Nice stuff. Yes, I used this guide: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Character_Sheet_Translation" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Character_Sheet_Translation</a> &nbsp;. But I must emphasize that I only continued the work started by the other Sheet Authors.
I thought to add a warning that the translation is available for other languages (In case someone has translated. I noticed that only Portuguese and Korean is well advanced in the translation). And also show how to enable translation by changing the language at <a href="https://app.roll20.net/account/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/account/</a>&nbsp; Preferences &gt; Language . Also, announce that you can help with translation by following this guide: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Translation" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Translation</a> . This information can be right below the "Point Summary" and "Suggestions" information in the "Updates" tab. What do you think? I would just need help writing this text. Since my writing in English is horrible.
Paulo said: Thank you very much, I count on your cooperation. I'm happy to help.

Edited 1628123838
Hey there. I'm new to this thing but I'm very appreciative of the work y'all done with this sheet. The Portuguese translation is high quality and allowed me to make use of the sheet's full features (i was unable to do it before due to my players being unable to speak English). Kudos for the translators and for the sheet devs. On the same note, I've noticed the character sheet calculates lift with lbs in a mandatory way. Is there a way for me to change it for kg or at least to make it optional? Another note is that the macros for the sheet sometimes have English language outputs ("Skill Roll", "Success", e.t.c.). This doesnt interfere at all with the game and by no means I'm asking anyone to change it. Just pointing it out. Paulo &nbsp;said: I am translating the Sheet into my language. Thanks for you efforts. Let me know if you need any help with that.
Léo L. said: Hey there. I'm new to this thing but I'm very appreciative of the work y'all done with this sheet. The Portuguese translation is high quality and allowed me to make use of the sheet's full features (i was unable to do it before due to my players being unable to speak English). Kudos for the translators and for the sheet devs. Thank you very much Léo L. Knowing this is very gratifying for me. On the same note, I've noticed the character sheet calculates lift with lbs in a mandatory way. Is there a way for me to change it for kg or at least to make it optional? About the system of units, the sheet uses the Imperial System and has no configuration to change that. This has already been suggested by other people on the forum. Personally, I've already analyzed this and preferred not to move. Because the formulas in the book in Portuguese are slightly different from the real formulas of the International System of Units. It's a change with several dilemmas. Another note is that the macros for the sheet sometimes have English language outputs ("Skill Roll", "Success", e.t.c.). This doesnt interfere at all with the game and by no means I'm asking anyone to change it. Just pointing it out. The translation is not 100% yet, there are places that still need changes. I plan to fix this as soon as I can. But thanks for letting me know. I will prioritize this, as it is a field that is seen more than others.
Suggestion: ability to SHOW name and description of any adv/dis/perk or inventory item in chat.
is this sheet compatible with Gurps 3e

Edited 1630762929
Hello! I am new to Roll20 and as the GM the most veteran GURPS player -- Is there a way to make the triangle next to a skill change color (to say Blue, with lines across for colour blind) if there is something in the Note? I like to add small descriptions of skills, traits so the players (and myself) can find references and know what they do quickly (and I am using GURPS Dungeon Fantasy which has dozens of volumes so I as GM can find the trait fine print.) <a href="https://imgur.com/a/7ReRokr" rel="nofollow">https://imgur.com/a/7ReRokr</a> To clarify -- My suggestion is for any item with a triangle to have a different colour/texture triangle if a custom value is entered inside.
Hello, I hope you do not mind I am starting a new thread for my main obstacle using this GURPS Roll20 sheet -- is there a way for different users to look at different pages of the sheet at the same time? When playing I as GM would like to look at players' character sheets to help them make decisions, weigh different skills, spells, equipment in inventory, but do not want to change their view at the same time... Thanks!
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
GM Aurelien said: is there a way for different users to look at different pages of the sheet at the same time? Not possible the way the sheet is designed. Which page is open is saved as a stat on the sheet. This is so that it opens on the same page you left it as last time, but as you see causes problems if multiple people are viewing at the same time. One workaround is for the GM to make a duplicate when needed, but ofc the stats would go out of sync if doing any changes. (this is btw how vast majority of Roll20 sheets works)
Hmm, Thanks. I guess it is part of the auto-refresh to draw the "current" sub-tab of the Journal sheet based on a value saved in the character sheet and not in a "session" variable?

Edited 1631288884
Hi AndreasJ, can you please tell me what the following hovertip on "Encumbrance" (under Combat/Defense) means? "The predefined dodges already of encumbrance applied!" (sic) <a href="https://imgur.com/a/Z5sAcHN" rel="nofollow">https://imgur.com/a/Z5sAcHN</a> Thanks!

Edited 1631303107
Hi AndreasJ I have one more suggestion for usability -- a few more Text fields. My GURPS party's wizards have lots of powerstones* and a text field above the Grimoire spells would allow for that (and some other notes of favourite spells). My archers have Fine/Balanced weapons, a variety of arrows, some with enchantments, a +1 scope, and the advantage Telescopic Vision the ranging gets complicated, so a text box under the weapon list (and before the precalucation boxes) would be great, and a similar one for Melee would similarly allow for warriors such as a spear-wielder to know (such as rules for a trident, noting which weapons have Vital Seeker1 on them for +1 to called shots only), plus notes on favourite powered attacks, slams... (Combat's "Defense" and "Damage" already have a field box so I hope it would be technically similar to add the above...) <a href="https://imgur.com/a/QKWonGj" rel="nofollow">https://imgur.com/a/QKWonGj</a> Example bonus table from merely one level of Telescopic Vision (recommended for several templates in GURPS Dungeon Fantasy volume 3). For TV2 and TV3 the table area doubles each time... Telescopic Vision 1 NoAim Aim1 Range(yds) Penalty 2 0 0 1 3 -1 0 1 5 -2 -1 1 7 -3 -2 0 10 -4 pen+1 pen+3 15 -5 20 -6 30 -7 50 -8 70 -9 100 -10 * In an ideal world, since Powerstones are a part of GURPS Magic, could we have a section for "energy reserves" other than the FP on the main "General" tab where we can have two kinds (maybe with a flag for diurnal)-- Powerstone, other. (and a button with "+1 day" that will increase all flagged "Powerstone" reserves by 1 current (max at Max), and a different button to recharge all non-powerstones to Max e.g., "Power Items", GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Vol1 p.28 )) Current Max Description e.g., 0 1 Opal 1.75kt (Powerstone=yes) 1 10 Staff (Powerstone=no) Thanks!
I think there's been an oversight with the Combat Reflexes checkbox in the Defenses tab. The description reads that it gives a +1 to Dodge, but Combat Reflexes should give a +1 to ALL active defenses. I don't know if it's possible to add +1 to the modifiers of user-added fields, but I think the description should at least mention that CR applies to all defenses.
elaxter said: I think there's been an oversight with the Combat Reflexes checkbox in the Defenses tab. The description reads that it gives a +1 to Dodge, but Combat Reflexes should give a +1 to ALL active defenses. I don't know if it's possible to add +1 to the modifiers of user-added fields, but I think the description should at least mention that CR applies to all defenses. I'll go further. &nbsp;Since the&nbsp;Combat Reflexes checkbox in the Defenses tab does not add +1 to all active defense, I'd prefer it be eliminated to avoid confusion. &nbsp;Anyone who checks that box is going to assume it adds +1 all their active defenses.
MadCoder seems to be missing. Does anyone know if he is ok?
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
He is on vacation and is also taking a slight break from Roll20. He will be back!
Hello. I found a possible bug. You can spend points separately (I think 2 for +1) for your death roll, but when you roll, it seems to roll against your unc. score (ignoring both points invested and the extra mod for death checks). I also have a feature idea. When rolling death checks (or when getting desintegrated by tons of damage, or using Berserk) you need to know negative multiples of your max hp. It'd be cool to have a table for that, which changes when you change your max hp. I think it could fit under your point total on the General page.

Edited 1633282939
I'm trying to create a macro to calculate HP lost accounting for DR. I can't seem to reference the DR values because they automatically go into the denominator of each attribute instead of the numerator. I don't know how to reference that. Anyone know how to reference the denominator of an attribute or (better yet) already have a macro to calculate HP lost accounting for hit location DR?
FEATURE REQUEST I would be nice to be able to see what the various Encumbrance Threshold are from the Inventory sheet.&nbsp; This would allow one to see at a glance if the weight of an additional piece of equipment will put you into the next Encumbrance bracket. Thank your for this character sheet!!!
There seems to be a Issue with Row Id's. When linking a skill to a weapon the skill name will be shown but the level of the skill won't match the skill you linked in the first place.
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Tsuka said: There seems to be a Issue with Row Id's. When linking a skill to a weapon the skill name will be shown but the level of the skill won't match the skill you linked in the first place. Thank you Tsuka, yes we just noticed this as well. Seems to relate to the GCA4 Import. Issue is being looked at by MadCoder. Not sure if we can get a fix out this week. In the mean time, the work-around is to just manually enter the Skill number. Later, after the fix, you can go back and link the skill. Mike.
Yep the work around is easy enough. Thank you for keeping the sheet updated.
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Tsuka said: Yep the work around is easy enough. Thank you for keeping the sheet updated. Thank you for reporting the issue.
Senjak
Pro
Sheet Author
Mike W. said: Tsuka said: There seems to be a Issue with Row Id's. When linking a skill to a weapon the skill name will be shown but the level of the skill won't match the skill you linked in the first place. Thank you Tsuka, yes we just noticed this as well. Seems to relate to the GCA4 Import. Issue is being looked at by MadCoder. Not sure if we can get a fix out this week. In the mean time, the work-around is to just manually enter the Skill number. Later, after the fix, you can go back and link the skill. Mike. Was there a connection between this bug and the changes to how skills and spells get updated? I think the workaround I found was to add and then subtract 1 character point and the correct values were calculated. Senjak
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Senjak said: Mike W. said: Tsuka said: There seems to be a Issue with Row Id's. When linking a skill to a weapon the skill name will be shown but the level of the skill won't match the skill you linked in the first place. Thank you Tsuka, yes we just noticed this as well. Seems to relate to the GCA4 Import. Issue is being looked at by MadCoder. Not sure if we can get a fix out this week. In the mean time, the work-around is to just manually enter the Skill number. Later, after the fix, you can go back and link the skill. Mike. Was there a connection between this bug and the changes to how skills and spells get updated? I think the workaround I found was to add and then subtract 1 character point and the correct values were calculated. Senjak I have noticed that as well on a few occasions. For me it sometime happens for only one linked skill, other times it happened to all skills under a single attribute. For example, with IQ skills showing this issue, I did something similar and increased the IQ then decreased it. That seemed to fix the issue for those skills. Then testing the individual skills, that seemed to fix the issue. I am not sure what may be causing this to intermittently happen but I will make sure MadCoder is made aware. Might need something like a sheet recalculation button of sorts. Thanks for reporting this Senjak.