Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Is there a way to detect who add/change a graphic?

Greetings! With all my researches, I'm afraid there is no way to do it, but I still ask in case I missed something. Is there a way to know who moved a token? I mostly would like to know if a GM moved or changed a token, including player tokens. I think it's obvious if only the GM can control the token, but it's not that obvious for tokens controlled by players...
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Unfortunately there's no way to determine this.

Edited 1633724014
:sadface: :( This would be great to add a read-only field for the token, with the id of the player who added/removed the token, or the last player who changed it.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Or just a meta data object in the event: on('add:graphic',(obj,prev,meta)=>sendChat('',`/g gm Token added by ${meta.who}`));
timmaugh
Pro
API Scripter
If you think you might have a player getting sideways on you , you can try ActivityTracker . Load it, arm the graphic events to track, and then wait until you see a change that you want to investigate. (It was quick/dirty script, so let me know if you run into any issues with it.) If you just want to be able to reference who was the last to move a given token at various points throughout your game, this may be overkill, as it does start to track in the state object.
The Aaron said: Or just a meta data object in the event: on('add:graphic',(obj,prev,meta)=>sendChat('',`/g gm Token added by ${meta.who}`)); I tested it, but I get an error saying that meta is undefined... Is it normal?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Aaron was saying that that would be an excellent addition to the API system by Roll20. It's not something that is currently available.
Oh, my bad. Indeed, that would be great.