Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Script] UniversalVTTImporter -- Import .dd2vtt files to create Dynamic Lighting Lines and Lights!

The Aaron said: What version do you have installed?  Check the API Console for some text that shows the version.  Didn't realize I had to install the script. I just got Pro so I could use the API tools, and didn't think to look up any tutorials on actually using API scripts.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
No worries! Let me know if you have any issues!
So I've only just started mucking about with Dungeondraft, so I may have missed something obvious, but I was having an issue with doors. If I have the Open Portals mode set to anything but 'None', all portals - closed, open, free-standing, whatever - seem to be treated as a window. I fiddled with various options in Dungeondraft and editing the boolean values in the json itself, and I couldn't find any setting that would draw a door line rather than a window line when I ran !uvtt. In the end, since I don't have any windows anyway, I just turned Open Portals Mode to none, which was the behavior I needed. I figured I'd bring it up here, though, just in case this was some sort of bug and not me missing something obvious.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Oh!  Hmm. Can PM me the .dd2uvtt file and I'll check it out?
I am having a similar issue as Owen. When I import my .dd2uvtt all of the doors seem to import as windows. Is it possible to change windows to doors from the config panel, or would it have to be with the map itself?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Hmm. Can you PM me a sample .dd2uvtt with the issue, that way I can make sure I'm testing (and fixing) the right problem. 
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Update v0.1.9  -- Fixed bug causing all portals to be windows! (Thanks  Graham R. ) Should hit the 1-click next week, or you can grab the latest copy from my repo.

Edited 1637165904
I am having an issue that seems to be Roll20 related, but thought you should be aware - for some reason when I paste into GM Notes and hit Save Settings, the text in the notes does not actually save (not only vtt text - any text). It will be there as long as I am in the session, but as soon as I leave and come back, or refresh the page, it is no longer in the GM Notes. I tried changing GM Notes on an older journal item and it worked correctly - this issue was only on new map tokens I added to the map layer.This is a problem on its own, but it seems to be one of the things that triggers the "Data is missing or corrupt" error when the process is followed correctly.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Hmm.  Are you seeing errors in the Javascript Console for the Browser?  Also, which browser are you using?  Can I assume you're running it through the roll20api.net sanitizer script first?
How do you download this? I don't see any clear link to a github or other installation method
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
It will only work with a Pro subscription, it requires access to the API, a Pro Subscriber Perk.  If you have access to Pro account in a game where you've been promoted or via another account, you can install it from the 1-click script list in the API Console area.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Importing "Universal VTT" maps from other map tools( than DungeonDraft) Other tools my have a different filename ending than DungeonDraft's .dd2vtt , even though it's the same format. When you use the Universal VTT Import Sanitizer to upload your file, you need to select "All Files" in the upload menu to show files that don't have the .dd2vtt -ending. DungeonFog saves the Universal VTT maps as .df2vtt files (Just imported a DungeonFog map using the API, and it worked great) ArkenForge seems to name the same file as .uvtt files, and should work the same (haven't tested ArkenForge)
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Oh, nice!  I can adjust the filter so those show up as well by default. Thanks for testing that.