Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Dice Pool Macro Question

Tom
Pro
Sheet Author
Is it possible to modify the target number for a dice pool with an attribute? My experiments haven't been reassuring. This is the core formula: /roll [[@{skill}+@{ability}]]d10!10>7sd What I'd like to do is something like this: /roll [[@{skill}+@{ability}]]d10!10> (7-@{Specialization}) sd I'm getting a lot of this: Could not determine result type of: [{"type":"M","expr":2},{"type":"C","text":"d10!10>{7-0}sd"}] Help?

Edited 1406664415
Gauss
Forum Champion
Basically you are asking for: /r {(A+B)d10!}>(C-D) with the dice sorted descending (sd) Note1: the d10!10 does not need to be written that way, d10! works fine (it defaults to d10!10). Note2: sort descending (sd) should be after the die roll so we move it to after d10!. Note3: Since you cannot have two terms on the right side of an inequality we will put them in an inline roll. [[C-D]] And we get this: /roll {(@{skill}+@{ability})d10!sd}>[[7-@{Specialization}]] Let me know if it does not work for you. :)
Tom
Pro
Sheet Author
Holy crap, Gauss. I hope you realize you just rewrote every one of my macros. ;P (But yes, it seems to be working!)
Gauss
Forum Champion
Happy it is working for you. :)