Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Animated Map Not Uploading in Roll20

Is roll20 having problems uploading animated maps into the server? Because its taking me 3hrs to upload a 6mb webm file. But i noticed roll20 can support webm video files. So what gives? A lot is paying per month for Roll20 but the server is not even upgraded to support a really small video file, then why are the map designers making them if its not working. I do noticed if you install VTT enhancement suit it works. But this is not the solution. 
Support =/= work well.  Hell I don't even think they *support* them either.  Animated images eventually begin to skip frames till they pause and stop working in sessions.  Uploading animated gifs and webm's takes forever, basically an hour for every 100k.  Good luck with that 6mb one.  There is some sort of authentication process akin to youtube/giphy's process where they are checking for something but I haven't a clue the true process.  I just know that every single animated gif that I have tried to store in my quota has taken FOREVER.  And wound up never using cause even purchased ones eventually lag out and underperform.