Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 4e - Officially Unofficial Character Sheet

Hi all, As you are, I'm somewhat disappointed with the WFRP4e Official Character Sheet with its unfixed bugs, lack of features and support, and hoping for something that works consistently and is well maintained. A while ago I started development on a WFRP4e CS with all the basics you'd expect and trying to get a few more features we need; and as time passes, more features in the future for this and possibly other sheets. Can you really do this? I'll show a few images of the 'work in progress' so you can see what I'm aiming for, for us: I plan to add features to handle the full interaction between Roll20 and WFRP's combat system, and all advanced features and oddities, such as "I Will Not Fail!: (Rather than roll the result of a Test, you choose the number instead, allowing you to succeed in even the direst of situations. In an Opposed Test, you always win by at least 1 SL. If you cause a Critical, you can choose the Hit Location struck rather than randomising it. You can even choose to do this on a Test already failed.) Easy, right? So why post this now? Well, as with all things, it take a lot of time and effort to create something like this, I can only complete this if I'm able to get the support and thus  'testing the water' to see if a Kickstarter (for initial release) or Patreon (for continued features) page was created if this thing will float. I'd love to have this developed at least for a first release by Christmas (2021) with future releases at least once a month. For this to happen I'd need support to reduce hours in other jobs/projects to focus on this. So, is this something you'd back or am I just pi**ing in the wind and too many already jumped ship to Foundry? For the immediate future it's to find if this will be viable to complete to a bug free release, I'd hate to have something which starts development and falls short riddled with bugs. What's next? Well, it's really up to all of you. Is this something you'd want to see and able to garner enough support, or, am I too late to save everyone's Roll20 WFRP's passion and fighting a lost cause to Foundry's cultists. If you could let me know (here or privately) what you'd support, I'll crunch some numbers and see if we can get this (WFRP) party started! I look forward to reading your replies!
There's simply no way I could see this working for a few reasons: 1. Roll20 is only marginally usable if you're a paid user. So that's $5-$10 a month that I've paid ($10) for my entire time while on R20 (4500+ hours) that I simply refuse to ever pay for again. 2. Even if I did, then I'd have to pay additional money on top of this to whatever it is you're asking for, whether it's Kickstarter or Patreon? 3. All of this for a product that has, no offense, literally zero chance of ever remotely coming close to what Foundry/Moo Man has to offer. No thanks, Tzeentch.
Burning said: There's simply no way I could see this working for a few reasons: 1. Roll20 is only marginally usable if you're a paid user. So that's $5-$10 a month that I've paid ($10) for my entire time while on R20 (4500+ hours) that I simply refuse to ever pay for again. 2. Even if I did, then I'd have to pay additional money on top of this to whatever it is you're asking for, whether it's Kickstarter or Patreon? 3. All of this for a product that has, no offense, literally zero chance of ever remotely coming close to what Foundry/Moo Man has to offer. No thanks, Tzeentch. Thanks for your input, it's appreciated. The functionality required within Roll20 for this CS will all be available if you're a free player. I haven't used the API, which requires payments for usage, to develop the character sheet in any way. I believe anyone who wants to play the game should have the information readily available to them and require only the GM to pay for copy of the rulebook. Asking a player to create a character where they can choose the career with no information of what a class, skill or talent it is definitely a non-starter. We invest in what we believe in and if you think this will never take off then I appreciate your words and honesty. If there's really no community for WFRP within Roll20 then I won't waste my time developing anything, hence asking the question before doing much of the requiredwork. I know from previous experience that Roll20 had a vibrant community for WFRP and hoping those people are still around to support the development to get the game and CS being as lively as it has been. Until then, believing all your problems can/have been solved by one creator of a different tool is a little naïve, to say there's nothing which can't be replicated is very narrow-minded, though maybe you've been blinded by what's been seen up until now?
I'd recommend taking a look at Djjus's WFRP 4e character sheet. It's constantly being developed and makes playing the system over roll20 very smooth. We are a group of very active players who haven't even considered Foundry.

Edited 1637118345
Dom C. said: I'd recommend taking a look at Djjus's WFRP 4e character sheet. It's constantly being developed and makes playing the system over roll20 very smooth. We are a group of very active players who haven't even considered Foundry. Thanks Dom, It's great to know there's still enough around who'd hopefully be able to benefit from it. As I've mentioned previously, this is the opportunity to refresh the character sheet and to hopefully have a better design giving a greater user experience (UX). I appreciate the work all sheet authors have done and especially those on the WFRP4e sheets, I just feel each is somewhat clunky in its uses, bugs without ownership and unnecessarily complicated in places.
I'm actually a NEW player/DM to WHRP 4e. I don't know enough what bugs the current sheets have or don't have. But, i DO intend on starting a group to play WHRP 4e on Roll20. Like others, I haven't considered moving to Foundry or any other VTT. If i can, i'll grow a group to play here on roll20. I would back your endevour if you do a kick-starter or what have you.
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Or skip official roll20 and go here...<a href="https://github.com/vicberg/Roll20-Warhammer-4e-Character-Sheet" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/vicberg/Roll20-Warhammer-4e-Character-Sheet</a>. &nbsp; It's not perfect but it's solid.&nbsp; There are others than mine that do the job.&nbsp; No compendium drag and drop.&nbsp; Sorry
Terrelle S. said: I'm actually a NEW player/DM to WHRP 4e. I don't know enough what bugs the current sheets have or don't have. But, i DO intend on starting a group to play WHRP 4e on Roll20. Like others, I haven't considered moving to Foundry or any other VTT. If i can, i'll grow a group to play here on roll20. I would back your endevour if you do a kick-starter or what have you. Thanks Terrelle, that's great news!